First-Timer on Oceania and a few logistics questions

SteelCity Cruiser

6 minutes ago, DanceMomma said:

For breakfasts and lunches, does the dining dress code still apply?  Or are shorts and sports shoes acceptable?

From my experience in the GDR for breakfast and lunch,  nice longer shorts and tennis shoes are worn.  People go to the GRD for breakfast and lunch to enjoy a longer and more refined meal.  Terrace and Waves work well for people wishing to wear even more casual dress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DanceMomma said:

For breakfasts and lunches, does the dining dress code still apply?  Or are shorts and sports shoes acceptable?

I wore jeans  to lunch in GDR   no  chat with Maitre'd  on dress code

just no swimwear with cover up

I did see a lady  asked to leave Waves in her swimsuit   during lunch 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WayneLaR said:

No swimwear at a pool grill seems a bit harsh assuming she had a coverup, or he had a t-shirt?

I think Lyn implied no coverup, simply the swim suit.  A coverup is required if you are wearing a swim suit, which is why she was asked to leave.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 2

Last question before I leave for my cruise on Saturday, I promise.

I made dinner reservations for the 2 specialty restaurants on Sirena. They were rather later than I usually do, because they were the earliest available. Now my cabinmate is concerned that we will miss the entertainment because of the timing.

What time is the show on Sirena?

14 hours ago, akronmaid said:

Last question before I leave for my cruise on Saturday, I promise.

I made dinner reservations for the 2 specialty restaurants on Sirena. They were rather later than I usually do, because they were the earliest available. Now my cabinmate is concerned that we will miss the entertainment because of the timing.

What time is the show on Sirena?

Our cruise on Oceania was our first and I did not realize the dinner reservation system, so did not try to make specialty reservations until just before we left for the cruise.  Needless to say, only times available (for our larger group of 8 ) was late.  Talked with guest relations and they were able to accommodate us at a more reasonable time due to other guests cancellations.  So, check with them when you are on board and something may have opened up earlier.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We will also be traveling on Oceania for the first time early next year.  While reviewing the dress code I see that sandals are listed as something that guests are "requested" not to wear.  Here in Arizona nice sandals would be welcomed at a country club or other restaurant for that matter for ladies.  Do they actually turn ladies away from the dining rooms if they aren't wearing closed-toed shoes?

image.thumb.png.694f0270606b3a50639dffa76228b4f7.png

I have worn my "cute" flip flops ( with bows) and slacks with a cute top and had no problem in the Main DR & specialty restaurant.

My hubby refuses to wear a jacket but does wear long pants and a collared shirt (usually a Hawaiian shirt)  in the evenings. Only saw a few jackets or "cocktail dresses " on our last three Oceania cruises. Mostly country club casual attire.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, upgrayders said:

does the same hold true for spirits?

You may bring spirits on board for consumption in your stateroom, only.  It's like the wine situation, except you can take a bottle of wine to a dining venue for a $25 corkage fee.  You are not supposed to take glasses of either to any public venues.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, upgrayders said:

I also remember that it is possible to buy a bottle on the ship and have it stored till the next time.

Whether it's a bottle of wine you take on board and pay a corkage fee or buy a bottle on board, the staff will store it for you to access at any restaurant on a later day

Regarding spirits.  I bring miniature bottles of Gin, Scotch, Bourbon, etc on board because the plastic bottles are very light to pack. There are plenty of mixers in your refrig.  Get limes from a bar or bring a lime and knife to cut up.  Of course--only drink these in your cabin.  Order an appetizer type offering on room service and have a great "happy hour".  Also take advantage of the half price "happy hour" drinks in various bars every day and usually on the second day, you will have a "Captains reception" and all drinks are free.  No need to order a drink package unless you are a heavy drinker.

• Like 1