First-Timer on Oceania and a few logistics questions

SteelCity Cruiser

Will be taking our first cruise with Oceania on Sirena, booked in a PH3 cabin, on the Istanbul to Athens itinerary later this month and I have a few logistical questions that I haven't been able to definitively answer from topic searches here or from the Oceania web site.

**Electrical outlets:  what is available in terms of 220v versus 110v (e.g. US vs Euro vs GB adapter requirements) and where are the different outlets located in the cabin (particularly, are there outlets by both sides of the bed).  Are there USB charging ports?

**WiFi quality: I know from experience that wifi availability on board a ship can be highly variable.  Anyone with experience in the Adriatic, and off-chance specifically this itinerary, with any observations on what to expect with the on-board wifi?

**Storage in cabin:  is there enough room under the bed to store a couple of 27" soft-sided suitcases?  If not, what alternatives are there for luggage storage?  Also, what is the drawer/closet storage availability.

**On other ships we've been able to use magnetic hooks on the walls to hang miscellaneous hats, windbreakers, etc.  Will we be able to use them on Sirena or do we leave them home this trip?

**Is bottled water available during excursions or should we bring our own, refillable bottles?

**The last two lines we were on had TV feeds along with very useful phone aps that we could reference during the cruise for information on dining/menus, events on board and so on.  Does Oceania have anything similar to that? 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Edited by SteelCity Cruiser
typos

Regarding Luggage Storage: Your very clever room steward/butler will hide those suitcases and you will not see them until you need to pack at the end of your cruise.

Regarding water: You will be given two re-usable aluminum water bottles (one for each person in your stateroom), and your room steward will fill two glass water bottles in your room each time they make up your room. You can use the water in the glass bottles to fill your aluminum bottles for use around the ship and on excursions.

They also have filling stations in the Lounge where people gather prior to taking shore excursions. Even if you're not on a ship excursion you can stop in and fill your bottles before you take off for the day.

Edited by halfapair
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SteelCity Cruiser said:

Will be taking our first cruise with Oceania on Sirena, booked in a PH3 cabin, on the Istanbul to Athens itinerary later this month and I have a few logistical questions that I haven't been able to definitively answer from topic searches here or from the Oceania web site.

**Electrical outlets:  what is available in terms of 220v versus 110v (e.g. US vs Euro vs GB adapter requirements) and where are the different outlets located in the cabin (particularly, are there outlets by both sides of the bed).  Are there USB charging ports?

**WiFi quality: I know from experience that wifi availability on board a ship can be highly variable.  Anyone with experience in the Adriatic, and off-chance specifically this itinerary, with any observations on what to expect with the on-board wifi?

**Storage in cabin:  is there enough room under the bed to store a couple of 27" soft-sided suitcases?  If not, what alternatives are there for luggage storage?  Also, what is the drawer/closet storage availability. Suitcase didn't fit under bed.  We stored it in the closet.

**On other ships we've been able to use magnetic hooks on the walls to hang miscellaneous hats, windbreakers, etc.  Will we be able to use them on Sirena or do we leave them home this trip?

We couldn't use our magnetic hooks on the Regatta-PH2. 

**Is bottled water available during excursions or should we bring our own, refillable bottles?

**The last two lines we were on had TV feeds along with very useful phone aps that we could reference during the cruise for information on dining/menus, events on board and so on.  Does Oceania have anything similar to that? 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

5 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

If you have normal clam-shell suitcases, did you try to fit them under the bed when opened?

We had a soft sided suitcase and supposed it could of fit under the bed opened, but it was no problem storing it in the closet.

47 minutes ago, BSR said:

We had a soft sided suitcase and supposed it could of fit under the bed opened, but it was no problem storing it in the closet.

We usually fit ours in the closet with no problem, also, but others seem to have a closet storage problem.

The suitcases will fit if you lift up one corner of bed. ( done this on 23 O cruises)

Plug in on both sides of bed great for CPAP my husband uses. US plugs. Night lights in bathroom.

Water has been addressed.

TV shows daily menu in each restaurant. Easy way to asses where you wish to go.

No magnetic hooks but at least three hooks on the wall available for use. There is lots of storage and we seldom use it all. We do bring two large suitcases. Bathrobes & slippers supplied, hairdryer in drawer and umbrella in closet. Fridge is filled with non alcoholic drinks and they will refill with whatever you want.

Enjoy your trip-- food is fabulous.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, halfapair said:

Regarding water: You will be given two re-usable aluminum water bottles (one for each person in your stateroom), and your room steward will fill two glass water bottles in your room each time they make up your room. You can use the water in the glass bottles to fill your aluminum bottles for use around the ship and on excursions.

They also have filling stations in the Lounge where people gather prior to taking shore excursions. Even if you're not on a ship excursion you can stop in and fill your bottles before you take off for the day.

Slight correction - the water bottles are a combo of metals: stainless steel on the vertical portion and (probably) aluminum on the bottom.

7 hours ago, SteelCity Cruiser said:

**WiFi quality: I know from experience that wifi availability on board a ship can be highly variable.  Anyone with experience in the Adriatic, and off-chance specifically this itinerary, with any

There are combos of EU, US, and USB outlets (sorry, can't recall which ones are next to the bed).

Wifi - don't depend on wifi being fast or even available (although sometimes it is both). My spouse needed to access work servers and found that 5 or 6 am had better access; 3 am was the best when he woke up one night and gave it a try.

The TV has this info (no app though).

I think we must be on the same cruise, Istanbul to Athens on Sirena, Oct. 24 - Nov. 3. I think all of your questions have been answered so I appreciate the info as it is our first Oceania cruise as well. Go to the Roll Call section of Cruise Critic and look for our cruise. We have about 25 people on it all together and I am arranging a meet & mingle onboard the first night. Can't wait!

51 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

We usually fit ours in the closet with no problem, also, but others seem to have a closet storage problem.

We tend to hang most of our clothes when we arrive on board to let wrinkles hang out of them, so we use a lot of closet space that way (I'm assuming we can obtain extra hangers from our room steward/butler if needed)

2 minutes ago, KBrote said:

I think we must be on the same cruise, Istanbul to Athens on Sirena, Oct. 24 - Nov. 3. I think all of your questions have been answered so I appreciate the info as it is our first Oceania cruise as well. Go to the Roll Call section of Cruise Critic and look for our cruise. We have about 25 people on it all together and I am arranging a meet & mingle onboard the first night. Can't wait!

Will do that.  We're traveling with a group of about 20 from the Pittsburgh area.

Nautica ocean view ceilings worked fine with magnets. Most walls not-so-much to not-at-all. Back of hallway door worked great. Bath door pretty good. Assume doesn't apply to PH3, but in the I ran view the window wall is painted metal so very magnetic

Don't worry I didn't have that many magnets, I was just curious lol

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2023 at 2:24 PM, cswhistler said:

The suitcases will fit if you lift up one corner of bed. ( done this on 23 O cruises)

Plug in on both sides of bed great for CPAP my husband uses. US plugs. Night lights in bathroom.

Water has been addressed.

TV shows daily menu in each restaurant. Easy way to asses where you wish to go.

No magnetic hooks but at least three hooks on the wall available for use. There is lots of storage and we seldom use it all. We do bring two large suitcases. Bathrobes & slippers supplied, hairdryer in drawer and umbrella in closet. Fridge is filled with non alcoholic drinks and they will refill with whatever you want.

Enjoy your trip-- food is fabulous.

Just curious about the supplied umbrella - what size is it? 

Very good size, almost like a golf umbrella. They are In every stateroom and when you forget to grab it, there is a can with umbrellas in it near the gangway heading off the ship. We carry small (9”) umbrellas in a backpack when it looks sketchy on a day tour just for insurance but not wanting to be hauling around a big umbrella. You know if you have an umbrella on your person, there is a good chance it will not rain. 😇👍🤪

Enjoy your cruise,

Mauibabes

I’m also about to sail on my first Oceania cruise.  Could someone please tell me about the laundry facilities?  
Are they free to use, or coin operated?  

Is laundry detergent available?  If so, for free or for purchase?

What has your experience been with availability?  Does everyone do laundry on sea days?

Thank you, in advance, for any information!

• Like 1