Regatta bathroom/shower size vs Sirena

lightsleeper

Our first cruise Oceania was on the Sirena in a concierge cabin.  we found the bathroom and especially the shower to be extremely small.  The following time we stayed in a penthouse suite specially to get a bigger bathroom and shower.

We are considering a relatively long cruise on the Regatta.  Can anyone please comment on the veranda/concierge bathroom sizes.  are they the same as on Sirena or larger.

Thanks in advance for your replies

Joe

Bathrooms and showers on all R ships are small. VERY small. We sailed once on inside cabin on the Riviera which has the same bathrooms and once on Azamara. We managed, but it was slightly below our comfort level, so we prefer the newer O ships, and unless some very unique itinerary, we won't sail on R ships. If this is an issue, book PH or sail on the newer ships. Personally I consider PH on the R ships a very poor value, I can book an entry level cabin on SB or SS for less and have a 300+ sqft cabin and a luxury product.

• Like 3

Recently off Regatta, our 33rd cruise, first time on O.  We have always booked verandah cabins, which work fine for us.  I'd read many posts about the bathrooms on this class, and was prepared for it, but the small shower was still shocking. 😲  Really.  My guy is 6'5", 250, and he had to stand sideways (never complained) to shower.  It was manageable for the week, but could be a deciding factor when considering a long cruise.

20230920_153535.jpg

• Like 1

R ships were not intended for luxury.  They are ok if you accept that cabins are small and bathrooms are tiny. That shower is extremely small.  We sailed on R ships with Azamara and Oceania.  Had a good time.  However, now we try to avoid all R ships.  If we pick R ship, we book a suite.  Our next cruises are on Vista and Marina. Cabin size on both is like a suite on many cruise lines.  We are in veranda cabins.

• Like 1

We have done 35 days on Insignia in a Veranda room, not a problem. Yes it was like showering in a sardine can with a shower curtain sticking to you. That experience told us if on an R ship, it was Penthouse level. We have not been on an R since they were all remodeled so can not tell you if my opinion has changed.  Booked on Nautica in May but in a PH so will sneak a peak in a Veranda room. 
On an O or A Class ship, I am afraid I created a “monster” because DW has “become accustomed”  to having 50% more square feet and visits with her Butler 😇👍 so I am stuck.  Happy wife, happy life. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes 

• Like 5

I’ll add my 2 cents here… are the bathrooms in the regular cabins tiny in the R ships?  ABSOLUTELY!  Very small!  But they are incredibly well designed and after the refits they offer a ton of practical storage and we love the under counter night light.  We have stayed in cabins with bigger bathrooms on other lines that have had less storage!  We certainly prefer the wonderful bathrooms on the O class ships, but we survive just fine on the R class ships. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I can’t imagine that any R bathroom can be smaller than on luxury river cruiseline Uniworld! I was in one of the lowest stateroom categories; there was almost no room to turn around! 😀 Didn’t stop me from having a blast!

• Like 2

My experience in the R class cabins is the same. I find the bathroom difficult to deal with on cruises where we spend a lot of time in the water (not much room to hang dry clothes) when we shower twice a day. However, we still decided to book another water-based Caribbean cruise in December on the Insignia in a concierge cabin. Couldn't push our budget up to a PH. 

I like the itineraries on Oceania so we make do. Doesn't mean we don't sail on other lines! We just go by itinerary/cost/experience.

• 5 months later...
Posted (edited)

I have sailed on both Sirena for 20 days January 2022 and most recently for 40 days on Insignia from LA to Sydney.  I was in an Oceanview on deck 4.  (4056).   Yes, the shower is very small.  I am 6'2 weigh 200 lbs and made do.  It helps there is a glass door.  I have heard some passengers use the gym showers as an alternative but to me that's a hassle. The cabin itself is adequate.  Was travelling solo.  Not sure if it would work for a couple.  Tons of storage though.  With the single supplement so high paying for a PH for more space and larger shower doesn't make sense to me.  I like the R class ships because of the quiet 5 deck promenade deck lined with deck chairs.  Perfect place to read and watch the ocean go by as you sit in the shade under lifeboats.  I will never sail on the newer ships because most unfortunately, they do not have that feature. I am hoping to sail in January 2025 on the INSIGNIA from Miami to Singapore no doubt in an OV.  Thats says it all.  Hope this helps.

Deck Chair.

Edited by deck chair

56 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Did you experience any noise issues from the reception area?

There is typically no noise in the reception area (a little when the string quartet is upstairs in the evening), and there are shut doors to the cabin hallways. The hall can get busy in the morning when tenders are used.

18 hours ago, Kay S said:

Did you experience any noise issues from the reception area?

Great question!!  I was very concerned about noise with that cabin.  It tuned out it was wonderful.  No noise and very convenient.  On rare occasions there would be some minor noise when the port side on deck four was used for the gangway and that was only when they were setting up.  Normally, the gangway was located on deck 3 so far away.   Do not be concerned.  I would take that cabin in a heartbeat.  

6 hours ago, deck chair said:

On rare occasions there would be some minor noise when the port side on deck four was used for the gangway and that was only when they were setting up.  Normally, the gangway was located on deck 3 so far away.  

Thanks for that.  I wondered about the gangways.  We booked very late, and about all that was left were ocean views on deck 4.  We decided to take the chance.  

47 minutes ago, deck chair said:

Do you know your cabin number at this point?  

Deck Chair.

I think it's near where you were but on the other side.  

5 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I think it's near where you were but on the other side.  

You will want to double check the deck plans to make sure it is NOT a connecting cabin.  

Deck Chair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

With more new ships being built for Oceania, there are more choices.  Riviera, Marina, and Vista are preferred.  

"Preferred" is subjective, I think.  I've been on the R class ships before, and I really like the small ship atmosphere.

• Like 5