M & G Invitation Question

Rainbow3fe

Hmmm, chances are the people who will be reading the Meet & Greet invite might see it on this thread first!  

How about "Be there or be square".   If you really want to arouse curiosity, include "clothing optional" in the wording.  😀

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Hmmm, chances are the people who will be reading the Meet & Greet invite might see it on this thread first!  

How about "Be there or be square".   If you really want to arouse curiosity, include "clothing optional" in the wording.  😀

The invitation will be printed by Oceania. I am able to request something non-standard.  No planning to be silly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbwex said:

Some  of the cruise lines issue the invitations.  Check to see if you do it or they do it.

The one I ran, they checked in and got a name tag, which I had pre-prepared. 

They do it but offered for me to make up something a but different.  Just looking for ideas. Thanks 

17 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

The invitation will be printed by Oceania. I am able to request something non-standard.  No planning to be silly.

Since I don't know what "standard" would be, how about a formal invite, like: 

You are cordially invited to attend a

Cruise Critic  Meet and Greet on <name of cruise>.  

We look forward to an afternoon of fellowship and spirits 

at <give date time location>

20 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

They do it but offered for me to make up something a but different.  Just looking for ideas. Thanks 

OK, well I am cruising the Oceania also, and have no recollection what the invite looks like.  I will try to get one and post whatever I can get.

Particularly on Oceania's smaller-sized ships (including the Marina and Vista classes), the number of passengers is small, and I am amazed at how often I run into people from the  M&G, and have the chance to sit with them at dinner at one venue or another.  We have always felt that we were with a large group of "friends" throughout the cruise.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bbwex said:

OK, well I am cruising the Oceania also, and have no recollection what the invite looks like.  I will try to get one and post whatever I can get.

Particularly on Oceania's smaller-sized ships (including the Marina and Vista classes), the number of passengers is small, and I am amazed at how often I run into people from the  M&G, and have the chance to sit with them at dinner at one venue or another.  We have always felt that we were with a large group of "friends" throughout the cruise.

Thanks.  No problem. It's ok. I know standard but was trying to be creative. 

There are over 60 people who expressed interest in this M&G. On other Oceania cruises we never had enough participants to really have an "event".  This should be fun. That's why I volunteered to help. 

Looking forward to meeting everyone. 

Felice 😎

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Since I don't know what "standard" would be, how about a formal invite, like: 

You are cordially invited to attend a

Cruise Critic  Meet and Greet on <name of cruise>.  

We look forward to an afternoon of fellowship and spirits 

at <give date time location>

Standard is what Oceania always sends out. I was just trying to be creative.  

1 minute ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Standard is what Oceania always sends out. I was just trying to be creative.  

Put all the Cruise Critic attendees screen names in a bowl.  Draw them and have a guess who belongs to this screen name contest.   

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Something different is slight wording changes. Please keep any unique items to a minimum, remember staff has to deal with "trash" especially when not recyclable. Good luck 

I set up a m&g on a recent cruise.  61 people signed up. A few of us made name tags (real and cc names). O did not send out any invites.  The did put up a sign that said something about Private functions in a corner of Horizons.  Someone was there to meet me when I arrived early to make sure we were given a spot to meet. People stood up and introduced themselves. I had sent 9ut emails to all who signed up with time and place.Was fine.   We actually had another m&g the night before in a Sydney Pub set up by another cc member so that those who might not be able to make the one on ship could meet up. I think that one had about 30 people.

Edited by Mrs f.
  • Like 1

I think the success of M & G depends on the length and structure of the cruise.  Our last cruise was 8 days with a port most days and we didn’t really have time to be sociable.  Our previous cruise was 24 days with lots of sea days and we really appreciated the opportunity of a M & G to get to know some of the other passengers.  We remained friendly with some throughout the cruise.

• Like 2

I usually don't pay much attention to the name O gives each itinerary, but perhaps that name could provide inspiration? 

And/or you could ask your favorite language AI (chatGPT or similar). Put the "standard" text in your prompt and ask for it to be rewritten in (for example) a respectful, creative way with an inviting tone (or whatever guidelines you would like). Keep asking for a rewrite with further specific instructions until you are pleased with the results. 

Edited by babysteps
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kibutzer said:

Something different is slight wording changes. Please keep any unique items to a minimum, remember staff has to deal with "trash" especially when not recyclable. Good luck 

On our Riviera cruises the Cruise Director provided all sorts of non-alcoholic drinks, coffees etc.  If you wanted wine or something else you paid for it.  On a trans-Atlantic cruise on Riviera we had around 30 people on the M&G list.  Captain, GM, CD and Social staff all attended the M&G.  it was very nice...  I think though that all depends on the CD and his/her staff as to what they will do and who is invited to come from the officers etc.

• Like 2