Israel Next week Voyager

lux4me

52 minutes ago, CrushIt said:

Good synopsis. 25%FCC based on cruise-only cost. So far, no word on the tax portion or on the Custom Air fee of $175 ea. or on the additional $973/person Custom Air ticket cost for our flights. From my perspective, it appears that RSS has made a corporate decision to 1. Do whatever it takes to get the cruise out of port with whatever passengers decide to go, 2. Keep as much of the revenue as possible, through whatever legal means, 3. Offer as little incentive as they think they can get away with (pay us another bundle of $$ and we’ll give you a small credit). 

Not the direction of some of the other cruise lines. But, it’s what they have decided. Their company. So, they seem to think that their customers are more loyal to them than they are to their customers. Just my opinion.

Chargeback the air deviation fee and the air upcharge fee....they were not provided and your bank should side with you.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CrushIt said:

Are you sure about the insurance? We don’t buy the cruise insurance because it looked worthless to me. Just met a guy who had a cruise cancelled by the line a few years ago (something about the ship damaged from a mishap). He said that the insurance company made it so difficult to file the claims that there were points where he almost gave up. Then, ended up getting far less than he thought he would. 

I have filed for and gotten back over $400K in claim for clients - the companies I have dealt have paid what they should although some want more paperwork than others. I now use Allianz exclusively.

44 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I have filed for and gotten back over $400K in claim for clients - the companies I have dealt have paid what they should although some want more paperwork than others. I now use Allianz exclusively.

Please don't take this the wrong way, and I mean no offense... do you sell travel insurance and receive any compensation for it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roninman said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, and I mean no offense... do you sell travel insurance and receive any compensation for it?

Well speaking of" clients" I guess poster is definitely an agent and given I was one myself for many years I will say  yes travel agents make a very nice commission on selling travel insurance. They do however have to be very careful to make it clear they are NOT insurance agents and for very detailed questions on coverage I always referred them to the insurance company our agency sold. I never did anything with claims except provide documentation required. Not a clue how claims were settled unless client reported back.

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Certainly - cheers! 🙂

Sounds like a concierge for travel....because most agents don't file insurance claims. For what it is worth just had to file a claim with Allianz and they are great. I would recommend them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

Sounds like a concierge for travel....because most agents don't file insurance claims. For what it is worth just had to file a claim with Allianz and they are great. I would recommend them.

I used to use Travel Guard because I have AIG at home but they, unlike their home policies, wanted way too much paperwork so now it is Allianz.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I used to use Travel Guard because I have AIG at home but they, unlike their home policies, wanted way too much paperwork so now it is Allianz.

I've also used Travel Guard and had no problem getting fully reimbursed for dw's hotel doctor & trip to a hospital in Israel . Only thing not covered was for the taxi because I didn't' have receipts.

9 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I’m happy to finally see a post from an expert on travel insurance. I would be interested in learning if any of the claims you assisted in settling were similar to the situation with RSS. We weren’t sick. Regent didn’t cancel the cruise. However, they drastically altered the itinerary to where it was virtually unrecognizable and put us in a position of deciding between taking a chance on our safety and further cancellations of ports of call. 

13 minutes ago, CrushIt said:

I’m happy to finally see a post from an expert on travel insurance. I would be interested in learning if any of the claims you assisted in settling were similar to the situation with RSS. We weren’t sick. Regent didn’t cancel the cruise. However, they drastically altered the itinerary to where it was virtually unrecognizable and put us in a position of deciding between taking a chance on our safety and further cancellations of ports of call. 

In my experience, the insurance company has said that change in ports is not a covered reason as the contract is very clear. Not wanting to go, for whatever reason (valid or not) is only covered if you purchase Cancel For Any Reason.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pcardad said:

In my experience, the insurance company has said that change in ports is not a covered reason as the contract is very clear. Not wanting to go, for whatever reason (valid or not) is only covered if you purchase Cancel For Any Reason.

And that CFAR policy can cost double as a "standard" policy...and allows only for a 75% refund.  Adding the cost of that policy plus the 25% not paid-out can end up being a substantial amount, no?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

And that CFAR policy can cost double as a "standard" policy...and allows only for a 75% refund.  Adding the cost of that policy plus the 25% not paid-out can end up being a substantial amount, no?

The covered amount depends on the state the client resides in.

Nobody wants insurance until you need insurance...then everybody wants to know why they don't have it. Insurance can be very costly when you are older...but it can also save you a boatload if you need it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

The covered amount depends on the state the client resides in.

Nobody wants insurance until you need insurance...then everybody wants to know why they don't have it. Insurance can be very costly when you are older...but it can also save you a boatload if you need it.

You betcha!  "Don't leave home without it..."

• Like 1

Crushlt,

im replying to you as one who cancelled the same time. My TA gave up on R and is working our insurance claim. As I said on CC earlier one  reason was medical in that we paid for special air to make it less stress on two 80 year olds with high blood pressure.And the only reason for the trip was Israel and Egypt. Terrorizm and a longer trip to Istanbul are reasons enough. I ordered from Amazon flag patches for my hat for every country.

I had to rip off Egypt and Israel. We’ve been to the other ports.

Larry

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, olga1900 said:

Crushlt,

im replying to you as one who cancelled the same time. My TA gave up on R and is working our insurance claim. As I said on CC earlier one  reason was medical in that we paid for special air to make it less stress on two 80 year olds with high blood pressure.And the only reason for the trip was Israel and Egypt. Terrorizm and a longer trip to Istanbul are reasons enough. I ordered from Amazon flag patches for my hat for every country.

Larry

I am glad you are pursuing that option and think you will be successful. I perfectly understand your position and when I suggested this early on some here were really put off. Good luck.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2023 at 2:48 PM, olga1900 said:

Crushlt,

Larry

Your post was very touching. I could sincerely tell this was a big disappointment for you. As a medical professional  I am comfortable with saying your age and medical condition justify RSSC refunding your cruise. 
While on board, several fellow cruisers told us stories of Regent making things right when things were a miss. They were shocked to hear our story. One couple told a similar story to ours…only Regent paid for their hotel and transfer when they missed their port.

Please post us on your RSSC Holy Lands conclusion. I am hoping you get to replace your patches. Maybe with another cruise line…we did the Nile last year on Viking. It was fabulous. Careful on the month you choose to travel due to the heat. 

• Like 1

I, too, hope you get a good turnout for your efforts.  We had good weather on the cruise, some nice ports, but everyone we spoke to mainly booked for Israel & Egypt. We are on the Nile in 2025 with Regent, fingers crossed as this is our 3rd attempt to do the Suez, etc.  Stay safe, fellow cruisers! 

2 hours ago, HotelSnob1 said:

I, too, hope you get a good turnout for your efforts.  We had good weather on the cruise, some nice ports, but everyone we spoke to mainly booked for Israel & Egypt. We are on the Nile in 2025 with Regent, fingers crossed as this is our 3rd attempt to do the Suez, etc.  Stay safe, fellow cruisers! 

By "on the Nile", what do you mean?  You mean a two-days stop in Safaga?

7 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

By "on the Nile", what do you mean?  You mean a two-days stop in Safaga?

On the Viking cruise, you fly into Cairo. They have a guide set up & you tour Cairo 3 days. Then they fly you to Luxor. In Luxor you get on a River Boat to cruise the Nile for 7 days. 

Mel,

thank you for your direct reply. I got very few.I was wrong. we’ve never been to Crete. Wife was sorry they moved the excursion from a place she had wanted to go. Tell me how the Crete excursion was? I had to tear off the Crete patch that Amazon found me in an English store. If you would like it email me:

larryjohnson@webtv.net

So a rocket accidentally hit Taba, Egypt today which is close to Aqaba.  Luckily it only injured 6, but no one was killed. Another one hit a town near by in Egypt. Apparently accidental. Some news agencies are saying from Yemen and some are saying they don't know. I am hoping these developments will convince Regent to change its position. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, melbox4 said:

On the Viking cruise, you fly into Cairo. They have a guide set up & you tour Cairo 3 days. Then they fly you to Luxor. In Luxor you get on a River Boat to cruise the Nile for 7 days. 

Oh, okay, I misunderstood--thought you meant a Regent cruise.  We've done a Nile River cruise with Uniworld.  It was wonderful.

From what I learned onboard the Voyager during this last trip (just got off the Istanbul to Rome - which was originally Haifa to Rome), travelers really need to be prepared for any deviations in this climate in the Middle East.  The cruise line is going to do what is the absolutely safest thing for the passengers, crew, etc.  The war that began on October 7 was not on anyone’s radar … so deviations were a week ahead in planning.  Things are different less than a month later.  Very different now. It’s any travelers hope that they get to the destinations (bucket lists aside) to see parts of the world that hold our interests.

Sometimes, the world won’t let us do that.

Moving forward, expect the unexpected in certain parts of the world. On a brighter note: Our suitcases will always be packed and our fingers crossed 🤞

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, olga1900 said:

Mel,

thank you for your direct reply. I got very few.I was wrong. we’ve never been to Crete. Wife was sorry they moved the excursion from a place she had wanted to go. Tell me how the Crete excursion was? I had to tear off the Crete patch that Amazon found me in an English store. If you would like it email me:

larryjohnson@webtv.net

Olga1900…I hope you get to replace the Crete patch soon as well.  We enjoyed Crete. It is a charming island. I am very glad you were not intimidated by others to post. What you shared is important and valuable input. 

• Like 2