Got The $300 Rebate on the American Express Blue Cash Credit Card

mcrcruiser

Put down $1000.00 for a deposit to get the $300 rebate .Make sure you first register that you want to do that on the AMX web site or you will not get it . for any HAL cruise you nook

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, spkack said:

Found this HAL offer on my Amex Blue Cash card and applied it last week.  Went to use it today and it's gone, not even available for me to re-add.  Anyone else experience this?

If you've added this promo/offer to your card it should/will disappear from the current available offers but it should still be in your "added to card" tab. Just used mine today for an upsell and Amex emailed me that I just used my offer just seconds after using my card to pay for the upgrade.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, happyzoey said:

If you've added this promo/offer to your card it should/will disappear from the current available offers but it should still be in your "added to card" tab. Just used mine today for an upsell and Amex emailed me that I just used my offer just seconds after using my card to pay for the upgrade.

Thank you, happyzoey.  It was not in my "added to card" tab either.  So disappointing.  Wondering if the promotion "limit" had been reached.  I understand the merchants sometimes limit it to the first "x" number of users.

5 minutes ago, spkack said:

Thank you, happyzoey.  It was not in my "added to card" tab either.  So disappointing.  Wondering if the promotion "limit" had been reached.  I understand the merchants sometimes limit it to the first "x" number of users.

Yes, merchants or Amex limits how many can redeem and take advantage of the offer but haven't heard of the offer being added to a card and then disappearing like a week later. Maybe Amex does that.... idk. Might be worth calling them.

Edited by Mike07

35 minutes ago, Mike07 said:

Yes, merchants or Amex limits how many can redeem and take advantage of the offer but haven't heard of the offer being added to a card and then disappearing like a week later. Maybe Amex does that.... idk. Might be worth calling them.

I didn't know that Amex limits the number of people redeeming the offer, but then again $300 is a lot of money depending on how many customers took advantage of it. Maybe you  can call or chat online. I find that chatting online gives me the best results and you can save a screenshot of your conversation too. 99% of my inquiry/concerns gets resolved in online chat. Good luck.

25 minutes ago, maggiev said:

I’m guessing it is only certain types American Express cards.  

It randomly appears on some members cards. No rhyme or reason. I have the same blue cash card OP has.... no offer.... yet

My first cruise on X was because of an Amex offer.

Edited by Mike07

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I have never gotten one of these cruise offers on my Delta branded Amex card.

=====

Delta and Bonvoy are "travel" cards.  As far as I can tell the offer does not come on "travel" cards.

I specifically got the no annual fee Amex Blue Cash card and now get the promotions on the Blue card.

Peter

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I kept accepting offers I didn’t want so new ones would pop up (they only show 100 unaccepted at a time). After 2 months of playing this game, my offer finally showed up this week too. Already paid on April cruise to get the rebate!!  I was so excited 

Thanks for the heads up!  I had already used this offer for my amex and my wife's the other month when we booked our 2025 New England cruise but the offer didn't show up on my 14 year old's amex.  After reading the updates yesterday I had him check again and there it was :).  We used it to pay down another $1k. 

Normally I am not in any hurry to pay the balance owed until the last minute because there's no reason to give anyone an interest free loan but for 30% off that changes things.  Since our cruise isn't for another 19 months it's quite possible that we'll be able to see this offer come around next year to further pay off the balance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 12:46 PM, jeff74 said:

Thanks for the heads up!  I had already used this offer for my amex and my wife's the other month when we booked our 2025 New England cruise but the offer didn't show up on my 14 year old's amex.  After reading the updates yesterday I had him check again and there it was :).  We used it to pay down another $1k. 

Normally I am not in any hurry to pay the balance owed until the last minute because there's no reason to give anyone an interest free loan but for 30% off that changes things.  Since our cruise isn't for another 19 months it's quite possible that we'll be able to see this offer come around next year to further pay off the balance.

jeff74:  Was your son's card an authorized user card on your account or does he have his own full account?  Wondering if the offer on an authorized user's card will go through if I've used the offer on mine.  Thanks!

Used this on my Platinum card to book an Alaska cruise for 2025! Backing that with a20day land tour, can't wait! Going on the Noordam in late May Vancouver to Whittier for 7 days and then on to hopefully see grizzlies for the first time!

• 4 months later...
On 12/28/2023 at 4:57 PM, forevercruising1 said:

jeff74:  Was your son's card an authorized user card on your account or does he have his own full account?  Wondering if the offer on an authorized user's card will go through if I've used the offer on mine.  Thanks!

Yes, of course it will work on the AU's card. Of course, you need to add it on that person's card using the AU's login. The offers are added to the specific card, not the account.