FatBoy20

59 minutes ago, LandC said:

I received an email from Saga this evening stating Winter 2025 cruises are about to go on sale (for those of us who didn’t pre-register).

Yes I too got the email.  The quote below is from that email which, given that it was sent out Thursday evening, only leaves two days for "more news"! 🤔 😂  Perhaps they were referring to news about ALL 2025 cruises 😁.  Who knows!

"Keep your eyes peeled for more news about our 20‌25 cruises later this week"

Edited by Medeba
typo
  • Like 3

Our go to cabin is a standard cabin for 2 people on C deck. Out interest I looked at the discounts on such a cabin for the 2025 cruises - 5 still have a 35% discount and 4 have a 30% discount. Cabins on E and D deck have no better or lower discount (and in at least one case an E deck cabin is currently more expensive than C deck). If you want an E or D deck cabin it certainly pays to pre-register and the earlier the better but you may not lose out on the higher deck standard cabins if you haven't pre-registered (or register late), although how quickly the discounts fall once the cruises are available generally is another matter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FatBoy20 said:

I can't see them on the Website it still says "on sale soon"

If you search for cruises you should see them. An email went out to Britannia members today which says they will go on general sale tomorrow.

I received that email 2 hours ago, saying "general sale tomorrow"

First thing this morning the 2025 cruises were live on the website (search all ocean cruises,list by departure date,  go direct to page 5).

Seems it is possible to make a booking now, so they must already be on general sale.

We didn’t book any winter cruises.  The Adriatic cruise looked interesting, but we felt that the departure in February was too early for this itinerary.

We have pre-registered for April to December 2025, and look forward to hearing from Saga soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LandC said:

We didn’t book any winter cruises.  The Adriatic cruise looked interesting, but we felt that the departure in February was too early for this itinerary.

We have pre-registered for April to December 2025, and look forward to hearing from Saga soon!

I booked a 2024 5 day cruise a couple of days ago (it still had a 35% discount on E deck cabins) and I took the opportunity to ask about when the summer 2025 cruises would be available for those who had pre-registered.  I was told 'probably' January/February.

• Like 1

January/February sounds a bit late, bearing in mind that the Winter cruises were released two months earlier than last year.  We’re on SofA for the Canaries Christmas cruise, so if I haven’t heard anything by then, I will ask  on board. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LandC said:

January/February sounds a bit late, bearing in mind that the Winter cruises were released two months earlier than last year.  We’re on SofA for the Canaries Christmas cruise, so if I haven’t heard anything by then, I will ask  on board. 

Yes the Winter 2025 release was almost 2 months ahead of the date the 2024 Winter schedule was released (January 2023 if I remember correctly).

The Summer 2024 itineraries were released in February 2023, so I'm hoping that Saga are keeping to same time gap between releases. That would mean the Summer 2024 itineraries could be release in December or January at the latest. Fingers crossed for either of those options.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, LandC said:

That’s even later than last year!  

Too late for me. My plan was to book a Saga cruise of 14 nights or more in the Summer as my "sheet anchor" and then work around it, but by March early booking discounts on my alternatives (river cruises) may well have dissappeared. So they may well have to be my first port of call if I see something that attracts my attention, with Saga as my second string.

3 hours ago, FatBoy20 said:

Advised yesterday by Saga that 2025 Summer release would be late March/early April. I assume that date is Public Launch & pre-registered would start early March. Was hoping it might be Jan/Feb.

That really doesn't sound right - the 2025 cruises they have reelased are departure dates January - March, with both ships returning early/mid April.

So (a) there are not going to be any departures in April, or (b) they hope that the pre-regs will fill the early cruises so they don't need to worry about the general release, or (c) the agent has given the wrong dates.

I am assuming (c).

25 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

That really doesn't sound right - the 2025 cruises they have reelased are departure dates January - March, with both ships returning early/mid April.

So (a) there are not going to be any departures in April, or (b) they hope that the pre-regs will fill the early cruises so they don't need to worry about the general release, or (c) the agent has given the wrong dates.

I am assuming (c).

The release dates I was advised of yesterday are about 2 weeks later than the 2024 Summer releases (mid march 23) & covers April to December 2025. I am puzzled by your comments at a/b/c?.

34 minutes ago, FatBoy20 said:

The release dates I was advised of yesterday are about 2 weeks later than the 2024 Summer releases (mid march 23) & covers April to December 2025. I am puzzled by your comments at a/b/c?.

I'm not surprised you are puzzled.

I'd be puzzled too if I read that comment without the sudden realisation that I had posted the comment without remembering that 2024 (release date) comes after 2023(now) and before 2025(sailing dates).

How can I forget a whole year in between?!

Sorry.

• 1 month later...

We’re currently on board Adventure for the Canarian Christmas cruise.  I asked the Saga World rep. when people who had pre-registered would receive the Summer 2025 itineraries.  She didn’t know.  Not very helpful, sorry!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LandC said:

We’re currently on board Adventure for the Canarian Christmas cruise.  I asked the Saga World rep. when people who had pre-registered would receive the Summer 2025 itineraries.  She didn’t know.  Not very helpful, sorry!

I would have expected the Rep to have contacted Saga HQ by E-Mail & advised you of the reply. If the info I received at the end of November still stands the the E- Brochure to Pre-registered customers should be issued around the end of Feb with Public Launch around end of March/early April. My own view is that most other Cruise Lines have already launched the 2025 programme & Saga miss out by delaying theirs!.

• Like 2