FatBoy20

1 minute ago, LandC said:

Itineraries have to be planned well in advance in order to book the ports, so perhaps Saga leave it until the last minute to decide what price to charge for their cruises.  We are also looking at 2025 itineraries with Regent, Azamara and Silversea but want to see the Saga itineraries before we make a decision.  Some of the offers expire on 29th February, so it’s going to be touch and go!

I must admit that I've taken a sneaky look at some Port Authority websites to see if I can see any Saga bookings in the ports I'm interested in.  No luck. I'm such a sad person 😂!!

• Like 3

Just had an email about pre-registering for 2025!

Southampton treated Saga as the underdog. We had to use Sapphire's crane to unload cases when the Queens were in port. It was chaotic, so I wasn't surprised they moved to Portsmouth to be top dog.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JMMKUK said:

Just had an email about pre-registering for 2025!

Southampton treated Saga as the underdog. We had to use Sapphire's crane to unload cases when the Queens were in port. It was chaotic, so I wasn't surprised they moved to Portsmouth to be top dog.

Southampton was too expensive & I would suspect that Portsmouth lured Saga with a Long Term Contract at good rates.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoJo1947 said:

Did hear a rumour Southampton might be back next year but I can't see it myself. 

Neither can I.

I sailed from Portsmouth in February of last year and facilities were primative to say the least. In particular, the baggage claim area was basically a tent. I sailed from there again last month and the place was unreconisable. The new terminal is now in use and everything proceeded like clockwork. Portsmouth are obviously serious in growng their cruise business and geared up to servicing small ships like Saga's rather than the monstrocities of the seas. They will I believe make it in Saga's interests to stay.

Edited by Denarius
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Denarius said:

Neither can I.

I sailed from Portsmouth in February of last year and facilities were primative to say the least. In particular, the baggage claim area was basically a tent. I sailed from there again last month and the place was unreconisable. The new terminal is now in use and everything proceeded like clockwork. Portsmouth are obviously serious in growng their cruise business and geared up to servicing small ships like Saga's rather than the monstrocities of the seas. They will I believe make it in Saga's interests to stay.

January 2022 first time Saga ship in port. It was a nightmare and disorganised plus unsafe.  Yes much better now

Edited by JoJo1947
Misspelling

16 hours ago, Medeba said:

Still waiting patiently for the 2025 summer E brochure.......(sigh)

Flyers for "2025 Coming Soon" were sent out nearly four weeks ago. For the last 2 years the E-Brochure has been issued @ end of February. If this year follows suit why not advertise a Date for the E-Brochure release & General On Sale date (usually approx 4 weeks later). Perhaps this is too simple a system?. At this rate it will be Easter before General Sale is open. Get on with it Saga!

• Like 5

Just tried to update to my S.A. phone number, guess what Saga website  only allows 11 numbers , so no room for a country code.

At the rate things are going might not matter, only here for another 5 weeks

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Just tried to update to my S.A. phone number, guess what Saga website  only allows 11 numbers , so no room for a country code.

At the rate things are going might not matter, only here for another 5 weeks

When did you pre-register?  Folks will post on here when they get the call. If you are still in S.A. then an option would be to ring Saga and ask when you are likely to be contacted. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LandC said:

When did you pre-register?  Folks will post on here when they get the call. If you are still in S.A. then an option would be to ring Saga and ask when you are likely to be contacted. 

Thanks , We pre registered in May 2022, my plan once I get the email brochure , will email or web chat Saga to give them appropriate phone number. If there's nothing we like will tell them to roll preregister over

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

Scrub that.

SOME of the link works.

Some cruises simply put you over to the current year special offers.

Glad I am not the only one having that problem. Clicked on two links, the first put me through to details of the cruise - as it should. The second just put me through to current offers. Not impressed.

• Like 1

Not at all impressed with the faulty links or the cruises we have been able to look at. Think we might be moving our advance registration to 2026. Wish they would go back to providing a pdf advance brochure.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, david05 said:

Not at all impressed with the the cruises we have been able to look at. Think we might be moving our advance registration to 2026. 

Snap 

Beginning to think just cruising out of UK is limiting Saga intinerarys, so might just get money back. 

Edited by Windsurfboy

This mess with the E-Brochure is a disgrace.  But, on a selfish note, I have found two cruises that I'm interested in.  Would have been nice though to be able to see all the cruises planned but faulty links make that impossible.  Just wondering what the prices are like. 

9 minutes ago, Medeba said:

This mess with the E-Brochure is a disgrace.  But, on a selfish note, I have found two cruises that I'm interested in.  Would have been nice though to be able to see all the cruises planned but faulty links make that impossible.  Just wondering what the prices are like. 

There isn't really an e-brochure, unless I'm missing something? I seem to have to click on each cruise that I could be interested in to see its detail. To compare any, it looks as if I'm going to have to take screenshots and paste them into a document. What a palaver!  If anyone's found a solution, please tell me.