FatBoy20

I see the 2025 cruises have gone on general sale today.  I am glad I pre registered, my cabin on D deck is now £1200 more expensive!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mazj said:

I see the 2025 cruises have gone on general sale today.  I am glad I pre registered, my cabin on D deck is now £1200 more expensive!!

I too am glad I pre registered.  My two cruises are £900 and £1000pp more expensive.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My summer 2025 cruise to the Baltic is now £1300 more than I paid from advance registration but my second cruise - "coastal delights of France and green Spain" on 19 September 2025 - does not appear on the website. Curious!

Edited by Denarius

Shows the advantage of preregistering.

However as someone said earlier,  it's not a good policy if they want to encourage new to Saga cruisers. By the time they see it Saga looks expensive. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

It may depend on the browser. In my case (Firefox) only shows 2024 and winter 2025.

Cleared cache and history, tried going via the website - nope.

Tried searching for 2025 cruises - Nope (although it did suggest I pre-register...).

I did get the full 2025 brochure in today's post, and looks as if the cruise I DIDN'T book is still the same price I turned down.

UPDATED:

After posting this, an email arrived with a special link for Britannia Club members to book the main 2025 cruises the day before they go on general sale. So apparently not quite on general sale.Or maybe they are for some. Who knows.

Edited by nosapphire
updated
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mazj said:

Britannia club only today. General sale tomorrow. Saga messed up again

29 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

But still no prices visible.

I logged on this morning about 10ish and I could see all the Summer 2025 cruises and was able to compare the current price being charged for our cabin grade against what we secured through pre-registration Looked like we had saved around £1200 based on the prices on show.

We are not Britannia members so I reckon Saga have dropped the ball once gain. I guess we could have taken advantage but don't know if the booking would have gone through.

As has been said the Summer 2025 cruises are now no longer visible to us mere mortals.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nosapphire said:

It may depend on the browser. In my case (Firefox) only shows 2024 and winter 2025.

Cleared cache and history, tried going via the website - nope.

Tried searching for 2025 cruises - Nope (although it did suggest I pre-register...).

I did get the full 2025 brochure in today's post, and looks as if the cruise I DIDN'T book is still the same price I turned down.

UPDATED:

After posting this, an email arrived with a special link for Britannia Club members to book the main 2025 cruises the day before they go on general sale. So apparently not quite on general sale.Or maybe they are for some. Who knows.

I also use Firefox but tried Edge as well and got the same result, but I think that the key lies in your final paragraph. The Spring and Summer cruises do not go on sale to non Britannia Club members until tomorrow so are not yet visible to the general public on the website, only by clicking the link sent to Britannia Club members. I am a Britannia Club member so got the email but I deleted it as I had already booked my 2025 cruises.

Edited by Denarius

I am not a Britannia member but when I logged on just after 9am the 2025 cruises were showing so I phoned a friend who wanted to book on my cruise.  She managed to book, over the phone, at a higher price than I had paid because I had pre registered.  The cruises are not showing now on my browser.  We were just lucky.

Posted (edited)

Not a Britannia member but I have booked this evening, 

Brochure came through the door this afternoon, could not find the prices on line so thought I would try ringing to ask.

Was told someone would call me back, surprisingly the call came around 7 PM.

For the cruise I wanted standard cabins on E Deck were 25% off but D Deck was 30% off, booked D Deck for less than E deck.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lady Meer said:

The room we enquired about (pre-registered) is actually cheaper on the website than we were offered.

That’s strange.  Can you give more details please?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LandC said:

That’s strange.  Can you give more details please?

Turkey and Eastern Med - April. Standard room B deck is now less than we were offered.

i see a well known TA already has 2025 cruises in their brochure which we received last Saturday! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lady Meer said:

Turkey and Eastern Med - April. Standard room B deck is now less than we were offered.

i see a well known TA already has 2025 cruises in their brochure which we received last Saturday! 

Maybe someone cancelled during the 14 day cooling off period and the increased availability increased the discount?

• Like 1

It seems that yesterday saw yet another Saga admin omnishambles. Firstly 2025 cruises (with prices) were freely available to view and book online for several hours.
Secondly they completely disappeared, again for several hours. Thirdly, around lunchtime, Britannia members received an email saying they now had 24 hours priority booking. The cruises reappeared online but minus the prices. Depending on their postal reliability and delivery times, some Britannia members received the 2025 brochure which included prices.

Meanwhile reports have appeared that bookings were being taken from anyone.
All of this made a nonsense of the promised Britannia club priority booking window.

Yet again the very high standards maintained on the ships are not matched by Head Office.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 11:19 AM, Denarius said:

My summer 2025 cruise to the Baltic is now £1300 more than I paid from advance registration but my second cruise - "coastal delights of France and green Spain" on 19 September 2025 - does not appear on the website. Curious!

I see your France and Spain cruise is now on the website.  That must be a relief!