Apex vs. Beyond

Cayman1

We were really wanting to sail on Beyond, but the dates do not work for us, but the Apex dates do.

How do these two compare? Food, Service, Shows, etc. Would we be just as happy on Apex?

Any help and opinions are appreciated. Thank you.

The Martini Bar on the Beyond has more bar seating than either the Edge or the Apex.   Sunset Bar has a lot more covered seating.
If you are sailing in the Retreat Luminae is larger with more window seating and the Retreat Sun Deck has 2 levels and and feels roomier. 

• Like 1

We are sailing on The Apex in February for our first experience on an Edge class ship.

I have watched lots of videos, reviews etc on all the Edge class ships.

They all look very appealing and offer similar experiences, yet perhaps slightly unique, and we are really looking forward to our upcoming Apex experience as well as our upcoming Ascent cruise next fall.

• Like 1

Beyond  Sunset Bar was a Zoo for roll call Sailaway get together....hard to hear or socialize

.  We had more fun on EDGE at EDEN Bar and the table area downstairs with aft views..but indoors 

looking for a good spot for Ascent sailaway????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theopup said:

We are sailing on The Apex in February for our first experience on an Edge class ship.

I have watched lots of videos, reviews etc on all the Edge class ships.

They all look very appealing and offer similar experiences, yet perhaps slightly unique, and we are really looking forward to our upcoming Apex experience as well as our upcoming Ascent cruise next fall.

We are on Apex on 9 Feb.  We were on Edge in August in Med and loved it.  Really looking forward to Apex in Caribbean.

• Like 2

I’m on Beyond next week and was on Apex last October. Wasn’t overly keen on Apex if I’m honest but not enough to stop me sailing on her next June :)) 

Loved the restaurants, but there weren’t enough bar variety imo as there is say on the S class. And that’s with us using the retreat lounge. But it was fine. Not great but fine. 

• Like 1

I have been on both, I enjoyed my Apex cruise (3/2022 half capacity) more than my Beyond (1/2023) cruise, the ships had nothing to do with me enjoying Apex over Beyond, there were many reasons/factors on why...

As for the actual ship I preferred Beyond, she is about 90 feet longer, providing more space.  Beyond has Le Voyage, World Class Bar, Mast Bar, Ocean view bar, plunge pools, better pool side cabanas, better sunset bar, better Martini bar... 

I preferred the shows on Apex, food was much better on Apex (Beyond cruise in January 2023 was beginning of the now changed back food cuts..)

I actually have three more cruises booked on Beyond, mainly because of dates and ports of call..

Edited by Tyler414
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2023 at 9:51 AM, WhiteSoxFan said:

We have sailed both. The major difference is the Beyond is longer so they added the World Class bar and a restaurant. The reconfiguration of the Sunset bar is a major plus but not a deal breaker in my mind.

Die hard White Sox fan here, a fan for 71 years and this past season was brutal.

Edited by MISTER 67