Color of medallions

mitsy

2 minutes ago, mitsy said:

On our last cruise we noticed a lot of medallion that were a green color.. not white or platinum etc. what do they mean?

Were they green or gold?  Sounds like a dumb question, but under a certain light, the gold medallions do not look gold at all. Here is a photo from a Cruise Critic article.  The gold medallion on the bottom row can be a bit deceiving in certain light.  Comes off almost as chartreuse.  

_130653.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&fp-z=1&h=533&w=800&ar=3%3A2&dpr=1.25&q=55&ixlib=react-9.0.2

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Were they green or gold?  Sounds like a dumb question, but under a certain light, the gold medallions do not look gold at all. Here is a photo from a Cruise Critic article.  The gold medallion on the bottom row can be a bit deceiving in certain light.  Comes off almost as chartreuse.  

_130653.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&fp-z=1&h=533&w=800&ar=3%3A2&dpr=1.25&q=55&ixlib=react-9.0.2

Yeah, those platinum look DARK...we just got ours & they are light grey

1 hour ago, Loveh2ofl said:

Based on your Captain's Circle loyalty level.  Blue are first timers

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cc/captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdf

I believe Princess has switched to first timers having White, which originally signified inaugural sailings for that ship. This has been my experience, since June 2023 on my recent sailings. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I believe Princess has switched to first timers having White, which originally signified inaugural sailings for that ship. This has been my experience, since June 2023 on my recent sailings. 

Possibly - but in any case - based on loyalty level.  One can also notice when going to one's cabin, that the display also has the color corresponding to medallion/level.

18 hours ago, wallyj said:

Last year when we were on the Enchanted Princess we were told the white medallions were for the inaugural year at all levels (the color of the sea witch designated loyalty level).  This summer on the Caribbean Princess our grandchild on her first Princess cruise received a blue medallion.  The rest of us received the appropriate color.  That was true on our Coral Princess cruise last spring too.

19 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It sounds as though they just ran short of colors to hand out and chose white. 

I have been in the Sapphire, Emerald and Majestic since June of this year and all 1st timers had White medallions with Blue Seawitch. I asked Hotel director on Sapphire and was told this is the new policy. Supposedly, eventually all officers will also have White Medallions, but the ‘I love this’ script will also be present.

As previously posted, White has previously been used for Inauguration year ship sailings. My family all received White Medallions on Discovery last year with the color of the Seawitch matching their loyalty tier.

Here's another take on the white: After all they're stickers applied to the medallion so, it could be they start out white and are printed with either the standard or custom designs. That takes INK! And we all know that ink is expensive. The the new design is predominately white, it takes less ink and therefore less money. Yet another example of Princess cost-cutting.

• Haha 3