Is the app useful?

Phalgal

You need to download it so it will be easier to connect to the internet once on board - otherwise, we find it useless. 

It tends to have inaccurate data ( but so does the printed herald).  Two weeks ago we left Vancouver and it was in the mid 60s F, but the app said it was 136F!

Download the app, it will make your life easier on board.  And, if you happen to get a cruise where the internet is not good, don’t go to the Square; simply open the app, hit the “connect” button and then “Wi-Fi” and things should be okay.  Our last cruise that ended last week, internet was not too bad - only had to reconnect a few times, however, live TV was abysmal.  Early in the year, in the Caribbean, internet was so bad, we were reconnecting several times a day.

• Like 1

We use it in the mornings to order coffee from Seabourn Square and then just go and pick it up (when I say “we” , of course I mean “my husband” while I wait in bed for his return with my coffee ! 😂

it is useful to connect to the internet, to check dining options (menus) when we are maybe by the pool and haven’t got the paper Herald with us. I have also booked an excursion using the app while on board and it has your itinerary (excursions, spa, TK booking etc). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AnnieO2019 said:

(when I say “we” , of course I mean “my husband” while I wait in bed for his return with my coffee ! 😂

Same. And I'm very glad he does it. It could be self preservation on his part as best not to have a conversation with me until after my first coffee 😉.

• Like 2

I find the app useful as it shows your itinerary, including TKG reservations and excursions. You can also book excursions from the app and you boarding pass is found on the app.

While awaiting your next cruise, you can see the daily menus for each of the restaurants for the ship that you will be taking for your next cruise.  I enjoy deciding which restaurant I would go to and which items I would order.  But I suppose that doesn't sound very interesting to most people.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

While awaiting your next cruise, you can see the daily menus for each of the restaurants for the ship that you will be taking for your next cruise.  I enjoy deciding which restaurant I would go to and which items I would order.  But I suppose that doesn't sound very interesting to most people.

I find it interesting 😃

nancy

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AnnieO2019 said:

We use it in the mornings to order coffee from Seabourn Square and then just go and pick it up (when I say “we” , of course I mean “my husband” while I wait in bed for his return with my coffee ! 😂

This. But I'm the husband. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, markandjie said:

This. But I'm the husband. 

We do not do traditional roles.  Never did,  Never will.  It’s a 50-50 partnership.  Modeled after our parents, who were clearly ahead of the curve.

Edited by Hobar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hobar said:

We do not do traditional roles.  Never did,  Never will.  It’s a 50-50 partnership.  Modeled after our parents, who were clearly ahead of the curve.

Oh ours is a 50-50 partnership we just worked out our strengths and weaknesses and our relationship works out great. Doesn't everyone do that? Communication of course is the key.🙂

• Like 2

Another interesting Feature is that you can message other passengers on board via the App. You simply type in the name, even first name alone works (e.g. if there are two Anne on board both will show up with their last names on the screen).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We use our app while awaiting our next cruise for the pure joy of the

“Your journey starts in 45 days 16 hours and 5 minutes” messages. 

Once on board we never use the app or even the internet. We browse the dining menus and printed Herald in Seabourn Square and then we just enjoy our unconnected days.

• Like 5

We find the app handy when we're out and about on the ship and want to check something in the schedule. In the past year, we've also done cruises on Silversea and Regent, and discovered it was helpful to take a picture of the daily program on our phones to be able to check it anytime; the Seabourn app makes that easier. The app isn't great, but it's useful enough that I'd recommend downloading it. If you have problems with it, then simply stop using it. 😀

Seabourn has, again, started providing hard copies of the Herald to all suites.  You can also ask for a hard copy of the dining menus.  We just carry those 2 documents with us and find it much easier to find information than using the app.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For the record, I did download the app to my tablet (it wouldn't load onto my phone - it wasn't compatible with the newer version of Android on my phone). Total waste of time. The app isn't intuitive and the Herald is buried under a series of other tabs. In the end we used the paper copy for everything.

Use the app to give feedback positive or negative.

Chat with other passengers.

Check your onboard account.

Book tours.

Read the Herald.

Get menus for the restaurants.

Hours of operations for each venue.

Connect to the internet.

I constantly use the app. Find it very useful. 

• Like 4

On 10/15/2023 at 11:21 AM, Phalgal said:

I hesitate to download apps to my devices and haven't had good experiences when I've downloaded cruise apps. Is Seabourn's app useful for anything I couldn't get otherwise? 

Just FYI, you can download an app and use it for as long as you need, and then delete it after its useful life.  I, too, do not like having too many apps that take up space on my devices, to just delete and then can easily download as needed, if needed again. I carry my phone and find Seabourn Source invaluable for chat with husband and others, Herald/schedule, menus, social media, phone, internet, etc etc etc.  Even my 92 year old mom will be using the app on our upcoming cruise (albeit another Carnival-owned line).  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We used it all the time, from checking hours of operation and menus to looking at the event calendar to looking at charges posting to the statement.  It's not perfect but once you are familiar with the app it got the job done.  We preferred to iMessage over wifi rather than use the embedded message/chat function in Source app, but if we wanted to talk to other passengers it works well and it is easy to find them.