Anyone else have issues with noise on the Pride?

LHP

Currently on the Pride in cabin 7119 ( Interior ) not by choice .  A TBA Interior was all that was available at the time we booked .

We never stay over the Theater and we’re shocked at the low frequency bass loud enough to wake us from a dead sleep over a sound machine.

When I questioned the Hotel Director , his response was “ no one else has ever complained “.  

I find that hard to believe .  This was not the music … just unnecessary low frequency bass booming. 

I believe it is only the Interior cabins because there are not many.  And the open storage areas allow for the sound to travel .

Just curious is anyone else has had an issue with cabins in this area and if so, why it was not brought to anyone’s attention.

Thanks for the insight .

You're several decks away from the theater where shows will be completely over by 10pm. I'm guessing you are hearing something else. It's not like that theater becomes the disco. I wonder what it might be?

Every cabin has it's own idiosyncrasies. Perhaps my favorite of all time (one of the prized Pride bowling alleys) did have the distinct 'advantage' of having the steward station right next door.  That's okay, we needed to get up early anyway to see the sights of Europe.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

The only time we had this issue was on the Magic in 2022. We booked late and were assigned a balcony room over the main lounge. We were experiencing that thumping bass day and night, during practice and shows. Lesson learned! It didn't ruin our cruise, but we could've done without the "extra entertainment"! 

• Like 1

We have had two interesting cruises due to noise. We were on Deck 14 aft on the Mardi Gras. The supports for the Bolt were so close to our room that it sounded like the cars were running through our closet, along with vibrations. We could tell when the “boost” button was pushed.  The other one was the MSC Seaside. One section of the dining room is directly under the bowling alley. We were assigned there on both cruises, but it was really more amusing than irritating.  

Interesting. I recently booked a room over a night club on the Glory as there were no other rooms available. I keep hearing bad things about it. I guess I just have to get my mind right about it. In proper perspective, it'll be better than even a good day at work lol.

LHP, your complaint does not surprise me.

The stage flies for the theater extends up above the stage for several decks.  This open space will carry the sound  of  any audio using the sound system of the theater (shows, movies, games, etc.).

We had a similar problem on HAL's Zuiderdam when we were assigned an interior cabin that was above that ship's theater flies. The bass frequencies especially carried.

Like you, when I commentated on the problem on Cruise Critic, I was discounted because  "the stage is several decks below your cabin."

On the other hand, some people researched "flies" and commented that they now understood the problem.

52 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

LHP, your complaint does not surprise me.

The stage flies for the theater extends up above the stage for several decks.  This open space will carry the sound  of  any audio using the sound system of the theater (shows, movies, games, etc.).

We had a similar problem on HAL's Zuiderdam when we were assigned an interior cabin that was above that ship's theater flies. The bass frequencies especially carried.

Like you, when I commentated on the problem on Cruise Critic, I was discounted because  "the stage is several decks below your cabin."

On the other hand, some people researched "flies" and commented that they now understood the problem.

Some Bass seems to carry more than other noise. Had that happen on deck 5 of MG. Had it happen at home by a not so nice neighbor too. It's one of those things we have to hope to plan and avoid because no sound machine or earplugs work with it.

6 hours ago, mz-s said:

You are directly under a crew area, I am not sure what is in that crew area but that may be what you're hearing.

Seriously doubt you're hearing the theater, it's several decks below you.

It is only three decks below or about 30 feet away from their room. Bass unfortunately you can feel from quite far away sometimes. Like the cars with the super bass boom boxes I can feel it pulse through my house when some kid drives by blaring their stereo. 

5 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

It is only three decks below or about 30 feet away from their room. Bass unfortunately you can feel from quite far away sometimes. Like the cars with the super bass boom boxes I can feel it pulse through my house when some kid drives by blaring their stereo. 

How much steel and concrete is used in your home's construction?

Just now, mz-s said:

None. I have stayed in 6232 on the MIracle which is 4 decks directly above the Dr Frankenstein's lab nightclub and have felt the pulse of the bass. It is was no big deal but it was there. It is more feeling than hearing the bass and it does travel through metal. 

11 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

None. I have stayed in 6232 on the MIracle which is 4 decks directly above the Dr Frankenstein's lab nightclub and have felt the pulse of the bass. It is was no big deal but it was there. It is more feeling than hearing the bass and it does travel through metal. 

So that's a good question. The night club operates until like 2AM. There's no activity in the theatre that late at night. So OP - what time were you awoken by the bass? I wonder if the crew area directly above their cabin is a crew bar or something.

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

So that's a good question. The night club operates until like 2AM. There's no activity in the theatre that late at night. So OP - what time were you awoken by the bass? I wonder if the crew area directly above their cabin is a crew bar or something.

That is a good question they appear to be below an area connected to the bridge but I am guessing a crew bar would be deep in the bowels of the ship. Even if the noise is from the theater it should be limited to only around 10 pm. I have seen the doors closed for practice in the main lounge but only during the day. 

We had a similar issue on the MG.  We were in a JS and complained because the bass was thumping from the nightclub.  We were two decks away but still heard it until 2 each morning.  We complained and were moved to a JS near the Havana bar.  It was so much quieter.

I would go to Guest Services and asked to be moved, then escalate as needed. 

If they have an open interior, they should be willing to do that. Good luck. 

16 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

That is a good question they appear to be below an area connected to the bridge but I am guessing a crew bar would be deep in the bowels of the ship. Even if the noise is from the theater it should be limited to only around 10 pm. I have seen the doors closed for practice in the main lounge but only during the day. 

On Ecstasy, one of the crew bars (I don't know how many the ship had, this may have been the only one) was on deck 7 far forward.

6 minutes ago, mz-s said:

On Ecstasy, one of the crew bars (I don't know how many the ship had, this may have been the only one) was on deck 7 far forward.

I will be on the Miracle on Nov 2nd. I will ask some workers. Wish we could see a deck plan that shows all the areas! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We have had two interesting cruises due to noise…. One section of the dining room is directly under the bowling alley. We were assigned there on both cruises, but it was really more amusing than irritating.  

Years ago, on the Norwegian Wind, I booked a massage. Directly above the spa treatment rooms was the basketball court. Thump .. thump, thump … thump…. The masseuse and I agreed that was bad planning, as the soothing New Age sounds were no competition for the bouncing balls.

20 hours ago, mz-s said:

And what difference does this make?

I live in a  concrete block, rebar reinforced bunker with double glazed impact resistant  to 185 mph windows that is code here in hurricane .

I can still hear and feel the super boom boxes.