Easy drinks package

Johnny60

Bit confused.   Can I get a cocktail on the cheapest drinks package.   I know it will be cheap alcohol, but could I say for instance get a Long Island iced tea or would I be better off upgrading.?   Thank you 

44 minutes ago, south-carolinagirl said:

Anyone know if the pina colada and strawberry daiquiris are frozen?  TIA

I don't know about the pina colada, but if you look further down the menu, there is a "Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri" listed under the Frozen drinks for $10.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 4:37 PM, Até said:

Here's the recent US sailing bar menu.   I beleive Easy also gets you $6 off other, more expensive drinks.

QR_K_BAR-LIST-GENERIC_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1695751424.pdf 1.33 MB · 50 downloads

Do you happen to have this in EUR ? I can only find GBP or USD.

Edited by mtlchris

On 10/18/2023 at 4:37 PM, Até said:

Here's the recent US sailing bar menu.   I beleive Easy also gets you $6 off other, more expensive drinks.

QR_K_BAR-LIST-GENERIC_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1695751424.pdf 1.33 MB · 59 downloads

Could you tell me where you found this list please. Once upon a time I had found a list for the Easy and Easy plus packages. Now I can't find it. I and my family have the Easy Plus and I was wanting to look again to see what was included.

Thanks.

It's the generic bar menu from US sailings.   Page two shows Easy Package drinks and at the bottom it shows the dollar limits of each package.   Easy Plus is $10.  So $10 would be applied to any of the drinks prices on the subsequent pages. 

• Thanks 1

image.png.83a53977153db8c69efea3bdf99a17fb.png

Ok, so here's a conundrum (and not of the wine variety...) theoretically why couldn't you apply the $8 credit on the easy package towards a $7.50 beer so that you are not limited to just Heineken.  I see that it says "cocktail, favorite spirit or special glass of wine" but this seems like a fine line to me... Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

image.png.83a53977153db8c69efea3bdf99a17fb.png

Ok, so here's a conundrum (and not of the wine variety...) theoretically why couldn't you apply the $8 credit on the easy package towards a $7.50 beer so that you are not limited to just Heineken.  I see that it says "cocktail, favorite spirit or special glass of wine" but this seems like a fine line to me... Thoughts?

So they get you to buy the Easy Plus Pkg. They are not stupid and it worked on me. Well worth the upgrade if you are a beer drinker and they have a Sports bar with a decent selection.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2023 at 9:25 AM, mvh said:

So they get you to buy the Easy Plus Pkg. They are not stupid and it worked on me. Well worth the upgrade if you are a beer drinker and they have a Sports bar with a decent selection.

Yea.. That makes no sense to me either..  When beer is way more cheaper than liquors and whiskey's - but if you get the Easy Package, you're only getting Heineken...  But the beer prices are $7.50 for any other type of beer - but they don't let you do the $8.00 credit towards them... I guess there's a method to their madness..

39 minutes ago, chisox021 said:

Yea.. That makes no sense to me either..  When beer is way more cheaper than liquors and whiskey's - but if you get the Easy Package, you're only getting Heineken...  But the beer prices are $7.50 for any other type of beer - but they don't let you do the $8.00 credit towards them... I guess there's a method to their madness..

This is not hard to figure out. Of course it doesn't make sense to the consumer because they want the best deal. If you only had to pay the difference, no one would buy the Easy Plus. By not including beer, MSC gets more people to purchase the Easy Plus. Very smart on their end whether the customer thinks so or not. Yes, I hate it too, but there is no way I can drink Heineken for a week, nor can most beer drinkers.

So the Easy Package...  I guess the Spirits they list for Whiskey, Vodka, Rum, Gin, Tequila, Brandy are "Well" quality.. But does anyone know what specific brand do they use?  For instance, Vodka..  I've seen anywhere (in bars mind you) from Absolute to Grey Goose in the well..   Also, what Gin?  Whiskey?  

More questions here, since the MSC website is unhelpful !

I'm considering the packages, and with the "8$ off any beverage", I can't see the value in upgrading from easy to easy plus if one does not intend to use the specialty restaurants, or drink beer. An easy plus is 15$ more per day for a 2$ increase in maximum drink price. This means that you need to consume 7 drinks per day just to recoup costs ?

Does the "upgrade with 8$ off any drink" thing work in the main dining room as well ?

MSC doesn't have a good track record with keeping all the beers and booze they list on hand. Don't be surprised if the brand you want isn't available even on the first day. Same goes with things like olives, lemon peel, limes,  etc... 

What brand do they use for the well drinks in the easy package? I'm pretty sure they use the cheapest they have at the time.

My only YC cruise even had a few so sorry we don't have it replies from the crew. MSC cuts corners in many places but they are the cheapest and that is #1 for me.

Does anybody have experience ordering brand wines by the glass with the easy package in the MDR? Does the discount apply?

I mostly drink wine by the glass, and the ones included in the easy package were not very good. Last time I had the easy plus, and we enjoyed the Italian wines recommended in the menus. At the nightclubs we ended up drinking mostly drinks included in the easy package.

If the wines would cost only 1-2 $ / € per glass with the easy package I would be completely satisfied with that.

On 11/15/2023 at 11:28 AM, chisox021 said:

So the Easy Package...  I guess the Spirits they list for Whiskey, Vodka, Rum, Gin, Tequila, Brandy are "Well" quality.. But does anyone know what specific brand do they use?  For instance, Vodka..  I've seen anywhere (in bars mind you) from Absolute to Grey Goose in the well..   Also, what Gin?  Whiskey?  

As my fuzzy memory recalls,  the gin is Bombay and Tanqueray.   Vodka was Tito's.  Not sure what whisky.  Their well booze was pretty decent.   Not Mr. Boston.  

• 3 weeks later...