From Quebec to Miami (Oct. 20 - Nov. 3) join our voyage

artbcpa

26 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

Can you get Rum as a complementary bottle in your cabin ?

Not according to the request form from suite host. The only rum that Louis Vuitton owns is Eminente. I recall seeing it at the Lobby Bar, but I doubt they are giving that away.

35 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

Can you get Rum as a complementary bottle in your cabin ?

My advice is just ask your suite attendant - the two bottles of liquor we requested and got were not on the list that’s posted above

Our experience was if it’s on the included list in bars then subject to availability you can get it 

• Like 3

On day 5/14 we -finally- saw land! And the sun came out to welcome us. We enjoyed a beautiful but cold walk around Sydney, Canada - a charming little town. Most went to visit the Cabot Trail. Back on the ship it was time for cocktails at the Astern Lounge followed by dinner at Fil Rouge. After that we saw our first performance at the Journeys Lounge (the theater basically), a Billy Joel tribute show. Great fun! Another perfect day. 

We really enjoyed Fil Rouge but can see why some have commented on the low ceiling, and how close together the tables are. We’re only 200 passengers on this cruise, so it wasn’t an issue, but on a ship with 900 it would undoubtedly feel crowded. The service was - once again - outstanding. This ship simply has the best crew. (Sorry - hosts.)  We loved every single course we ordered, esp. the 72 hour slow cooked beef short rib and the dessert soufflé. The only minor disappointment was the veal wellington. I was expecting meat wrapped in pastry, not pastry (a breadroll almost) with a tiny (~40 grams) piece of meat inside. See the photo. All in all however 9/10. 

I still think there should be more options for a late lunch. We tried to be back on board by 2:30 pm for pizza, but we ended up waiting for a tender for about 20 minutes, so arrived at the Emporium Marketplace around 2:40 pm, together with 30 others or so from our tender. The place was already emptied, cleaned and closed. A slice of pizza would have been nice, but as you already guessed, we somehow managed to survive until dinner 😉

(Ship photo by Bill Warner.)

IMG_3139.thumb.jpeg.f003283d09bdf69a635d37e8f6eb649a.jpeg

IMG_3142.thumb.jpeg.a8c1c1cca14c2dea6c9433534c50dcf8.jpeg

IMG_3145.thumb.jpeg.df1e7845b5b30524dec1ff2006a03ae9.jpeg

IMG_3146.thumb.jpeg.4bdf887f34871513cb931765faf6f7b0.jpeg

IMG_3151.thumb.jpeg.111618de5e53cf56d8ba7e4b5e2e5166.jpeg

IMG_3150.thumb.jpeg.22c64417fc4cab108d7c90ee18c79780.jpeg

IMG_3161.thumb.jpeg.1654d1f2f97152a01102137919df879a.jpeg

IMG_3152.thumb.jpeg.8ac1c513aa394d21ab6d2b5ff27a0438.jpeg

eae8fbc9-18f4-414b-a298-bfaded464b51.thumb.jpeg.f02bd49bc51c1b910b6964995d8ef642.jpeg

IMG_3154.thumb.jpeg.a268e2e42eb55413a5509cb4cf5173e1.jpeg

IMG_3155.thumb.jpeg.c7f5fed5c846e8634f1c3cb3fe5c8f85.jpeg

IMG_3158.thumb.jpeg.8109f85c0a846a78a5b5dd089e32aa0a.jpeg

IMG_3166.thumb.jpeg.17675845540c6d723c3b83c89d4960e4.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

IMG_3214.thumb.jpeg.01ecf45471be154380021a1b2410484e.jpeg

IMG_3215.thumb.jpeg.31014d0f3d036e39d63a0e8131177633.jpeg

We’re in Saint John, Canada today. The sun is out and half the town smells of marijuana. It must all be medicinal; I would be depressed too if I lived here 🤣

We are going to be brave tonight and try Emporium Marketplace for dinner. We hate buffets and we especially hate no table service during dinner, so let’s see how we go. We’ve heard many great things about the pizza and pasta, and we can no longer resist the urge. (We never have lunch, so dinner is our only chance.) 

The Captain cancelled the Captain’s Table with only 2 hours’ notice yesterday, but apparently it’s going to be rescheduled. 

Edited by florisdekort
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, florisdekort said:

IMG_3214.thumb.jpeg.01ecf45471be154380021a1b2410484e.jpeg

IMG_3215.thumb.jpeg.31014d0f3d036e39d63a0e8131177633.jpeg

We’re in Saint John, Canada today. The sun is out and half the town smells of marijuana. It must all be medicinal; I would be depressed too if I lived here 🤣

We are going to be brave tonight and try Emporium Marketplace for dinner. We hate buffets and we especially hate no table service during dinner, so let’s see how we go. We’ve heard many great things about the pizza and pasta, and we can no longer resist the urge. (We never have lunch, so dinner is our only chance.) 

The Captain cancelled the Captain’s Table with only 2 hours’ notice yesterday, but apparently it’s going to be rescheduled. 

We loved our dinner at Emporium on our cruise.  We ate there once and it felt great and we were definitejy attended to. Ill try to attach a photo20231008_200001.thumb.jpg.0cd3d0c84e878f314d306d98ff3fb8f2.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, InsGuy3 said:

Great pictures of your cruise! We are salivating but will join the ship on its November 3rd sailing. In the meantime we are living vicariously through your posts.

We’re very sad to be disembarking that morning! Back to reality. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, florisdekort said:

We’re very sad to be disembarking that morning! Back to reality. 

Sorry we will not get a chance to meet. Enjoy the rest of your cruise and keep posting. Would be interested in learning which Miami terminal you will be disembarking from. 

2 minutes ago, InsGuy3 said:

Sorry we will not get a chance to meet. Enjoy the rest of your cruise and keep posting. Would be interested in learning which Miami terminal you will be disembarking from. 

👍🏻 I can easily post that here the morning of our arrival. The Marine Traffic app also shows you the position of the ship in real time. And there’s a large electronic display at the port entrance that shows ships and terminal numbers, that (taxi) drivers look at.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, InsGuy3 said:

Check out this site: https://wwwx.miamidade.gov/Apps/Seaport/dailydock/Default.aspx

It wasn’t showing Explora yet, so check it when it’s closer to November 3rd. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Are there USB or power outlets on both sides of the bed?

USB - Yes

Power - No only on one side (in our case it was on the left as you face the bed) - at least that’s the case in the OT suites - but the room attendant can organise an extension cord if you need power on the other side of the bed 

2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Power - No only on one side (in our case it was on the left as you face the bed) - at least that’s the case in the OT suites - but the room attendant can organise an extension cord if you need power on the other side of the bed 

Power on the side of the bed closest to the window.

Interestingly, our room "host" told us that extension cords were not allowed - so I hid mine running under the bed to power my CPAP.  I think he knew, but didn't rat us out.  But OTOH, none was provided by the ship - luckily I always have one with me.

24 minutes ago, Critically Cruising said:

Power on the side of the bed closest to the window.

Interestingly, our room "host" told us that extension cords were not allowed - so I hid mine running under the bed to power my CPAP.  I think he knew, but didn't rat us out.  But OTOH, none was provided by the ship - luckily I always have one with me.

Our cabin steward broughtvus a very long big extension devise thatcwas to plug in on the vanity near the closet.  Since we were using  a devise in the bathroom with ejecyric tooth item it was odd not to have a bathroom plug.we survived just fine 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 10:39 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

Found this too.

Terminal AA/AAA – MSC Cruises (2023)

Terminal A – Royal Caribbean | The Crown of Miami

Terminal B – Norwegian Cruise Line | The Pearl of Miami

Cruise Terminal C – Disney Cruise Line | MSC

Terminals D & E – Carnival, Princess Cruises, P&O, Holland America Line

Terminal F – Carnival Cruises

Terminal G – Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises

Terminal J – small vessels and luxury cruises (Oceania Cruises, Regent Seven Seas)

12 hours ago, Oh2Bcruisin said:

Check out this site: https://wwwx.miamidade.gov/Apps/Seaport/dailydock/Default.aspx

It wasn’t showing Explora yet, so check it when it’s closer to November 3rd. 

Yes thanks. We had been checking this website last 2 weeks. It showed up, however, this morning. We will be embarking from Terminal C in Miami.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

USB - Yes

That should work out ok. I sleep on my right side and like to have my phone on the table next to me.  

The next cruise, 3 November, has ~450 passengers, incl. a significant number of travel agents and influencers. Subsequent Caribbean cruises are currently around ~500. The Christmas cruise is ~700. From a very reliable source on board the ship. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, florisdekort said:

The next cruise, 3 November, has ~450 passengers, incl. a significant number of travel agents and influencers. Subsequent Caribbean cruises are currently around ~500. The Christmas cruise is ~700. From a very reliable source on board the ship. 

Thanks! I’m sailing November 3-17

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, florisdekort said:

We sail on 19th January. I realise it’s a little while yet but any early numbers on ship capacity for then? So pleased that your cruise has been such a success 

1 hour ago, florisdekort said:

All the influencers and TA’s got the nice upgrades. Paying guests will be treated like second class passengers. Watch how they will fall all over the “influencers” It’s a real turn off of the Mediterranean Shipping Company. 

4 minutes ago, kidless said:

All the influencers and TA’s got the nice upgrades. Paying guests will be treated like second class passengers. Watch how they will fall all over the “influencers” It’s a real turn off of the Mediterranean Shipping Company. 

😬

Edited by happy cruzin