Listen up - There going to be some changes around here…

Stickman1990

29 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

Anyone who read the description of benefits by suite level would know that butlers were only in the Residence level. It was all over EJ’s literature. 

I was referring to the other "changes" between what the brochures promised and what actually was delivered.  It was the multiple misleds that happened to me -- not specifically butlers.

7 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Were you “misled” in writing by Explora? - or perhaps an over enthusiastic TA?

NINE CULINARY EXPERIENCES
Sophisticated, varied dining across nine culinary
experiences, as well as in-suite dining

EFFORTLESS ALL-DAY
DINING RESTAURANT

POOLSIDE DINING
Al fresco fare with light, modern
cuisine and an ocean backdrop

24-hour concierge services

Just a few of the things in the brochure.  Probably much more if I took the time to do a deep dive.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Critically Cruising said:

You are not the only one.

Fool me once, shame on you.....

Unfortunately at the very first presentation of Explora in Belgium , a lot more promisses were made as actually received on board ....even in a PH 

sumptuous cuisine  with chefs going to buy locally and the very best complimentary wines in the all inclusive segment of the market 

I unfortunately never saw a chef going ashore  during my cruise with many ports in England and Scotland - 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Critically Cruising said:

I was referring to the other "changes" between what the brochures promised and what actually was delivered.  It was the multiple misleds that happened to me -- not specifically butlers.

very true  -  a lot of misleds  and false marketing

no single reply by Explora so far  and i did mention on my comments  "yes" on the question do you want to be contacted ??? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vistaman said:

Unfortunately at the very first presentation of Explora in Belgium , a lot more promisses were made as actually received on board ....even in a PH 

sumptuous cuisine  with chefs going to buy locally and the very best complimentary wines in the all inclusive segment of the market 

I unfortunately never saw a chef going ashore  during my cruise with many ports in England and Scotland - 

We did see some evidence of local purchasing, especially when it came to the raw seafood bar (in Emporium).  As to the "very best wines" that is far from true but we do hear similar claims from the other luxury lines...none of which provide complementary "fine fines."  We do give some credit to EJ for their contract with Moet and the provision of several of their very good Champagnes.

Getting back to local food purchases, since the menus are unchanging in all the venues (except for minor changes in Emporium) there does not seem to be much reason for purchasing local items.  Menus are set in Geneva, supplies are ordered weeks/months in advance, and the onboard chefs are given almost no flexibility to deviate from the Geneva dictates. 

Hank

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vistaman said:

very true  -  a lot of misleds  and false marketing

no single reply by Explora so far  and i did mention on my comments  "yes" on the question do you want to be contacted ??? 

Same here.  Radio silence.

I guess I'm not enough of an influencer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Critically Cruising said:

Same here.  Radio silence.

I guess I'm not enough of an influencer.

2 weeks ago I was on a 2 days cruise event in my hometown  - and I saw the lady responsible for the very presentations in Belgium, otherwise said the person who persuaded me to book very aware I am a food and wine snob 

she was annoyed and said "we are not going to talk about your cruise on Explora "  and "all the others on board found it great "- yes + 100 TA and  journalists  overwhelmed by the Moët 

I like Champagne very much but not Moët and Champagne with every meal and every dish for 2 weeks ??? no way ... when things are free 🤑

• Like 1

Just now, vistaman said:

2 weeks ago I was on a 2 days cruise event in my hometown  - and I saw the lady responsible for the very presentations in Belgium, otherwise said the person who persuaded me to book very aware I am a food and wine snob 

she was annoyed and said "we are not going to talk about your cruise on Explora "  and "all the others on board found it great "- yes + 100 TA and  journalists  overwhelmed by the Moët 

I like Champagne very much but not Moët and Champagne with every meal and every dish for 2 weeks ??? no way ... when things are free 🤑

i forgot "very first" 

So write it off and move on.  Plenty of things can be found as inferior on this ship.  Most easily rectified and some not.  It's a balancing act and we will see how the scales tilt for future bookings.

Edited by saminina
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, saminina said:

So write it off and move on.  Plenty of things can be found as inferior on this ship.  Most easily rectified and some not.  It's a balancing act and we will see how the scales tilt for future bookings.

In any event we found the food and service and our cabin absolutely wonderfully memorable 

• Like 2

For those who have been onboard (or currently), any issue in having bottled water stocked in your cabin or available in restaurants?  My TA requested it (Explora told her they have Perrier and Aqua Panna, but not S. Pelligrino or Evian), and it shows up in my booking as a request, yet I've read elsewhere they only serve what they bottle onboard (which if it's like other lines that do that is not to my taste). If I remember correctly, @vistaman had to bring it onboard.   Any clarification appreciated!

Edited by johng75370

12 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

For those who have been onboard (or currently), any issue in having bottled water stocked in your cabin or available in restaurants?  My TA requested it (Explora told her they have Perrier and Aqua Panna, but not S. Pelligrino or Evian)

A friend on our recent cruise had small bottles of San Pellegrino provided for her fridge. It’s not the standard approach, which is the sparkling water that they make and put into glass carafes, but it is possible on request - without additional cost 

I just opted for their standard carafes of sparking water and it was fine for my palate - I struggled to tell the difference

No idea about bottled still water 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

For those who have been onboard (or currently), any issue in having bottled water stocked in your cabin or available in restaurants?  My TA requested it (Explora told her they have Perrier and Aqua Panna, but not S. Pelligrino or Evian), and it shows up in my booking as a request, yet I've read elsewhere they only serve what they bottle onboard (which if it's like other lines that do that is not to my taste). If I remember correctly, @vistaman had to bring it onboard.   Any clarification appreciated!

During our 18 days we never saw a single bottle of mineral water although we did make the request at several restaurants.  They provide either still or sparkling water (simply their still water infused with some CO2) which does not have any of the flavor of popular mineral waters (San Pelligrino, Perrier, etc),

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, johng75370 said:

We’re currently on board. They don’t provide it for environmental reasons. It’s their filtered still and sparkling water only. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, florisdekort said:

We’re currently on board. They don’t provide it for environmental reasons. It’s their filtered still and sparkling water only. 

Environmental reasons.  Along with "supply chain issues" it's another way to cover up cost cutting.

Apparently, if you, or your agent, have enough pull, they can supply it.  How "environmental" of them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Critically Cruising said:

Environmental reasons.  Along with "supply chain issues" it's another way to cover up cost cutting.

Apparently, if you, or your agent, have enough pull, they can supply it.  How "environmental" of them.

It’s no different on Seabourn or Celebrity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, florisdekort said:

I cannot speak for Celebrity (we stopped cruising that line years ago) but can assure you that on Seabourn there is no problem getting Pelligrino (and sometimes Perrier) by simply asking.  Yes, SB does also have their own filtered water system, but they also offer the alternatives.

Hank

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I cannot speak for Celebrity (we stopped cruising that line years ago) but can assure you that on Seabourn there is no problem getting Pelligrino (and sometimes Perrier) by simply asking.  Yes, SB does also have their own filtered water system, but they also offer the alternatives.

Hank

It was a constant fight on our recent 166 night world cruise on Seabourn Sojourn, esp. to get bottled water in our suite. But I’ve read some things have improved since the new President took over, so I hope it’s now an issue of the past. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Critically Cruising said:

If they was all about the environment they would be loading wine onboard in casks and serving it in carafes, instead of loading pallets of glass bottles.  Same argument as the water, and to some palates may be just fine while helping the environment 🙂

Edited by johng75370
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

As recently as august, we had had no issues getting liter bottle of pelligrino and Perrier on seabourn.

Nancy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, florisdekort said:

Never had any issues with either line, or Crystal or Cunard Queens Grill.  Celebrity only stocked our cabin with small bottles, but they would leave 6 at a time; the other lines all provided liter bottles.  No special pull or powerful TA, we just simply asked and it was taken care of.  Sometimes on SB they have Voss, which is a nice surprise when they do.  

Edited by johng75370

11 minutes ago, nancygp said:

As recently as august, we had had no issues getting liter bottle of pelligrino and Perrier on seabourn.

Nancy

We were on the Ovation for 32 days in July-Aug (from Lisbon to Montreal) and had no problem until later in the cruise when they had some supply shortages (which did not make us happy).  But the norm on SB is to provide those products. 

Hank

On 10/18/2023 at 7:13 PM, cruisr said:

When Crystal NEVER got back to my TA about single fare promotion going on now (nobody in reservations knew anything about it, told they would call back, never did, no return call from her sales manager) my 2 GFs and I have booked 3 suites on EJ.  My TA forwarded this to me today and it is a positive sign,  BTW, only a 15% single supplement.

Which cruise?  I’ve just started searching for a solo cruise and I’m wondering which cruises have the lowest solo charge and more importantly is Explora a good experience for solos. I love Oceania for the amount of solos on board and the activities for meeting others but always paying double gets old.