Harmony - Cabin next to elevator -Noise?

elh1

Just checked in for my 12/3 cruise on Harmony and see that my guaranteed balcony cabin assigned is directly across from the elevator.  Anybody know how much noise from the stairs/elevator we will hear?  Debating whether to bid on an upgrade.

27 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Likely none. If you're just looking at a deck plan, your door isn't as close to the stairs/elevators as you think.

I agree.  If you are comfortable sharing the cabin number, we can give you a better idea of the likelihood of noise.  If you don’t want to share the entire cabin number, the last three digits will give us a decent indication (though some decks have more elevators/stair congestion than others).

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the responses!  Cabin ending in xx662.  Looking closer at the deck plans on public floors it does look like the entrance to the elevator/stairs are in the center of the ship, not directly in the hallways.  I think we'll keep it🙂,  it will convenient.  On our last cruise on Celebrity Beyond we had an aft cabin which was quite a hike to the elevator/stairs.  While I don't mind walking I felt I was always interrupting numerous cabin stewards who were hard at work and would stop stop to greet me or make room for me as I walked by.  Looks like the Harmony also doesn't have very many sets of elevators/stairs so it will be nice to be near one.

9 minutes ago, elh1 said:

Cabin ending in xx662. 

I wouldn’t be concerned about noise from the stair/elevator lobby.  Your cabin should be about three up from the entrance from the guest hallway toward the stairs. You’ll make a U-shaped route from your cabin to reach the elevator entrance.  The location should be pretty convenient.  Of course you’ll have foot traffic past this cabin as other guests go back and forth to their cabins…hopefully they will be reasonably considerate, but you can encounter considerate or inconsiderate neighbors anywhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I wouldn’t be concerned about noise from the stair/elevator lobby.  Your cabin should be about three up from the entrance from the guest hallway toward the stairs. You’ll make a U-shaped route from your cabin to reach the elevator entrance.  The location should be pretty convenient.  Of course you’ll have foot traffic past this cabin as other guests go back and forth to their cabins…hopefully they will be reasonably considerate, but you can encounter considerate or inconsiderate neighbors anywhere.

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Some people look to book cabins near the elevators... less walking.  

Agree and agree. I'd be happy with that location. I avoid the elevators whenever possible and get enough steps in using the stairs to go up and down so I'd rather not have to then have a long-ish walk to my cabin.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

I always try to book near the elevator. We were in 11664 on Harmony. I loved the location. That was also a guarantee. I was thrilled when it was assigned 

I’ve sailed in 8262 (port vs starboard).  It was an excellent location.