Specialty, restaurants on the Emerald Princess

trbarton

I've eaten in all the Specialty restaurants on the Emerald many times. #1 Sabatini's back of the ship you have to make reservations so worth it. When I was on this ship the food was top shelf Sabatini's was wonderful. After dinner walk out of Sabatini's and walk right into Adagio incredible piano bar. Actually best hidden piano bar I think I've ever been in. It's the best escape ever, it's very nice at the back of the ship later in the evening when everything else is going on up front.

The Crown Grille our CC group we've eaten in there several times together, I eaten in there solo as well I have better luck in the Crown Grille solo.

I've heard the Crown Grille is hit or miss and that's about right. 

On my next visit to the Crown Grille I'm going to be rather selective about what I order. After dinner you can walk around the atrium and have cocktails at Crooners. Crooners on the Emerald is a great bar. I'm picky that's a great Crooners. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

We like Sabatini's better than the Crown Grill but neither of us likes red meat.  We generally eat in both on a cruise to use up OBC.  I have never been in the Gastropub but have seen it in the Wheelhouse Bar, one of our favorite hangouts.  I have never seen the Gastropub busy and many times the only ones there are the crew.  It does not appear to be very popular.

Edited by satxdiver

2 hours ago, TTEllis said:

I've eaten in all the Specialty restaurants on the Emerald many times. #1 Sabatini's back of the ship you have to make reservations so worth it. When I was on this ship the food was top shelf Sabatini's was wonderful. After dinner walk out of Sabatini's and walk right into Adagio incredible piano bar. Actually best hidden piano bar I think I've ever been in. It's the best escape ever, it's very nice at the back of the ship later in the evening when everything else is going on up front.

The Crown Grille our CC group we've eaten in there several times together, I eaten in there solo as well I have better luck in the Crown Grille solo.

I've heard the Crown Grille is hit or miss and that's about right. 

On my next visit to the Crown Grille I'm going to be rather selective about what I order. After dinner you can walk around the atrium and have cocktails at Crooners. Crooners on the Emerald is a great bar. I'm picky that's a great Crooners. 

Hope this helps.

Did the ship shake a lot in Sabatini's.  When I was on the Ruby the shaking in the Sabitini's actually made me feel sick to my stomach.  So happy to hear about the Adagio piano bar.

7 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

We like Sabatini's better than the Crown Grill but neither of us likes red meat.  We generally eat in both on a cruise to use up OBC.  I have never been in the Gastropub but have seen it in the Wheelhouse Bar, one of our favorite hangouts.  I have never seen the Gastropub busy and many times the only ones there are the crew.  It does not appear to be very popular.

I have eaten at the Gastropub on the Enchanted and Ruby and really like it.  For about $15 you order 2 items and get dessert but the orders are large so my husband and I split the two items.

19 minutes ago, gerig said:

Did the ship shake a lot in Sabatini's.  When I was on the Ruby the shaking in the Sabitini's actually made me feel sick to my stomach.  So happy to hear about the Adagio piano bar.

I didn't notice any shaking. It's nice back there. Great food very quiet exemplary service. I've been in every bar on the Emerald Princess many times. In all due respect I really like that ship and have been spoiled on it on 5 separate occasions. Crooners, Explorers, and the Vista Lounges are great, Adagio is just in a class by itself back there. Great views of the sea, nice piano player, best vibe and atmosphere on the ship. 

Our CC group if they couldn't find me at night they knew I was in Adagio chilling having a drink listening to the piano player. It's the best ticket on the high sea. 

Edited by TTEllis
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, gerig said:

The Ruby Princess and the Emerald Princess are as similar as two ships can be.  We have dined in that space multiple times on both ships.  I would not call it a “shake” but, rather, a table vibration.  Often, I would notice the butter knife vibrating on the table.  Not a big deal.  One time, though, and I think this was on the Emerald Princess, the table next to us was unoccupied.  However, it was set with flatware and glassware.  I noticed that one of the wine stems on this table was vibrating.  A few minutes later I noticed that it had moved.  The vibration was causing the glass to “walk” across the tabletop.  During the course of our meal I moved that glass back to its original position a couple times to keep it from “walking” off rhe edge.  Now, this happened when SHARE was in that space.  The tables did not have cloths covering them.  So, there was less friction to retard the glass.  I can’t believe that it would happen on a tablecloth,

7 hours ago, XBGuy said:

The Ruby Princess and the Emerald Princess are as similar as two ships can be.  We have dined in that space multiple times on both ships.  I would not call it a “shake” but, rather, a table vibration.  Often, I would notice the butter knife vibrating on the table.  Not a big deal.  One time, though, and I think this was on the Emerald Princess, the table next to us was unoccupied.  However, it was set with flatware and glassware.  I noticed that one of the wine stems on this table was vibrating.  A few minutes later I noticed that it had moved.  The vibration was causing the glass to “walk” across the tabletop.  During the course of our meal I moved that glass back to its original position a couple times to keep it from “walking” off rhe edge.  Now, this happened when SHARE was in that space.  The tables did not have cloths covering them.  So, there was less friction to retard the glass.  I can’t believe that it would happen on a tablecloth,

The shaking from the vibration was so extreme and I never felt that bad of a shake at skywalkers which is the aft of the ship

I don't believe there is any difference between the Ruby and Emerald other than the usual cosmetic changes.  We went to Share one time as they were having a special to entice cruisers to go.  Called that afternoon for a reservation thinking at that late time we would get the late night crowd.  Surprisingly they said any time so we went and I found out why as the restaurant had one other couple and a table of 10 that were crew.  I know why it did not survive.  We have been on the two ships many times and love to go to Sabatini's every cruise and will do it again in two weeks.  We always eat in the deck 6 aft MDR so the vibrations (yes they are above the screws) and have not really had a problem.  We like going to Adiago's before and after the meal.