Live from Celebrity Eclipse on a 6 day cruise from L.A. to Cabo..,

Stockjock

23 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Be careful of the ship’s water if you’re prone to swollen ankles.

Yes…I’ve learned over the years that I need to drink bottled water on cruises…the desalinated water they serve tend to make make ankles swell…

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

That definitely sucks.

You mean your toilet didn't suck. 😉 

We had that happen to us a couple years ago on the Summit on the last morning. I called at 4:30 AM and the plumbers had it fixed before 5:AM. Didn't even have to enter the cabin. We didn't know they were out in the hall and fixed the problem until we heard the toilet flush on it's own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, doghog said:

You mean your toilet didn't suck. 😉 

We had that happen to us a couple years ago on the Summit on the last morning. I called at 4:30 AM and the plumbers had it fixed before 5:AM. Didn't even have to enter the cabin. We didn't know they were out in the hall and fixed the problem until we heard the toilet flush on it's own.

The same here. They did eventually fix it, and they did not enter the cabin. Just in the nick of time too, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Haha 5

Thanks so much for taking time out to share your cruise.  We had plumbers in and out of our room on Apex due to another cabin/suite, so it certainly does happen, even on newer ships.  However, our toilet was fine the entire time.  Later, I found out that for some unknown reason, our toilet was flushing itself.  It was also right around Halloween, so who knows for sure.🎃  Anyway, it made for a good story!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 1:52 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Just a suggestion if still having problem with plumbing.  Either leave a written Attention to Detail form at the front desk or fill out the Electronic Version -  Usually they have a QR code for it around mid cruise.   It is immediately received by the Hotel Director. 

Just wanted to add that, while I could be wrong, I don't suspect that the digital version was reviewed by the Hotel Director.

I did complete it and was called that evening by the front desk.  They said they received my comments about the toilet overflowing (3 times) and wanted to make sure the toilet was no longer overflowing.  I told them it was fine, at the moment.

However, the next morning, as mentioned, it stopped flushing entirely.  I later ran into the hotel director and told him, briefly, of the toilet issues.  His reply was, "Well, I hope that you had a nice time on the cruise and that made up for the issues that you experienced!"  I said that we did have a nice time, but that the toilet problems were frustrating.  He replied with, "Well we hope to see you again, soon!"

Edited by Stockjock

On 10/26/2023 at 6:02 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

How did they get extra clothing in the store.   I didn’t know they could add stock during a cruise.

It was a B2B so while in port they will sometimes restock, and, in some cases, they have stock stored. 

On 10/28/2023 at 6:22 PM, Stockjock said:

Just wanted to add that, while I could be wrong, I don't suspect that the digital version was reviewed by the Hotel Director.

I did complete it and was called that evening by the front desk.  They said they received my comments about the toilet overflowing (3 times) and wanted to make sure the toilet was no longer overflowing.  I told them it was fine, at the moment.

However, the next morning, as mentioned, it stopped flushing entirely.  I later ran into the hotel director and told him, briefly, of the toilet issues.  His reply was, "Well, I hope that you had a nice time on the cruise and that made up for the issues that you experienced!"  I said that we did have a nice time, but that the toilet problems were frustrating.  He replied with, "Well we hope to see you again, soon!"

Wow... that sounds rather condescending.     We had a similar problem -  sewer smell in our bathroom in a RS.   They sent people 3 days in a row and was still an issue.   The Retreat Manager asked me if it had been fixed and I said no.   He was over the top upset -  Long story short - with out asking that night he asked if they could speak with us.  Yes of course.    He said we are sorry and hope you will accept a $1,000 Future Cruise Certificate EACH.     We didn't expect anything just wanted it fixed.  Being the Gentlemen we are, we accepted.

That night -  The Ol contractor came out in me.    We had been in heavy seas and I thought maybe the P-Trap didn't have water in it.   I poured a bucket (waste basket) of water in it and fixed the problem.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow... that sounds rather condescending.     We had a similar problem -  sewer smell in our bathroom in a RS.   They sent people 3 days in a row and was still an issue.   The Retreat Manager asked me if it had been fixed and I said no.   He was over the top upset -  Long story short - with out asking that night he asked if they could speak with us.  Yes of course.    He said we are sorry and hope you will accept a $1,000 Future Cruise Certificate EACH.     We didn't expect anything just wanted it fixed.  Being the Gentlemen we are, we accepted.

That night -  The Ol contractor came out in me.    We had been in heavy seas and I thought maybe the P-Trap didn't have water in it.   I poured a bucket (waste basket) of water in it and fixed the problem.

I thought the response was underwhelming.  If I was the hotel director, I would have provided my business card and asked the person to get in touch with me after the cruise.

I'll be sending a message to the executive offices shortly.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I thought the response was underwhelming.  If I was the hotel director, I would have provided my business card and asked the person to get in touch with me after the cruise.

I'll be sending a message to the executive offices shortly.

I too met with the Hotel Director o Eclipse regarding issues we had on the same cruise and found him to be far from concerned or really interested in "real" issues that we had.  Never dealt with someone at that level who really didn't seem all that interested in passengers happiness

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

I too met with the Hotel Director o Eclipse regarding issues we had on the same cruise and found him to be far from concerned or really interested in "real" issues that we had.  Never dealt with someone at that level who really didn't seem all that interested in passengers happiness

We found the same attitude on our recent Eclipse sailing. There seemed to be a noticable coldness in upper management.

On the other hand, while I was on board I saw some delicious looking desserts posted on Celebrity's Instagram story - a hot chocolate chip cookie in a pan topped with ice cream and some profiteroles. I comment on the story saying that I hadn't seen anything like that on our sailing. I got an instant DM response from Celebrity. They said the cookie wasn't available on our ship (it was in an upcharge restaurant on Edge class ships) and weren't sure about the other. They emailed Eclipse guest services. Guest services called me and we had a pleasant chat with an apology. Several hours later, the maitre d from Blu (who we didn't ever see in person) called and asked if we would be dining with them. When I said no, he sent up 4 "Profiteroles". The dessert game is not strong on Celebrity and even I, a complete dessert lover, didn't find them edible. It's the thought that counts, however, and I was impressed with the Instagram side of things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FlutePrayer said:

We found the same attitude on our recent Eclipse sailing. There seemed to be a noticable coldness in upper management.

On the other hand, while I was on board I saw some delicious looking desserts posted on Celebrity's Instagram story - a hot chocolate chip cookie in a pan topped with ice cream and some profiteroles. I comment on the story saying that I hadn't seen anything like that on our sailing. I got an instant DM response from Celebrity. They said the cookie wasn't available on our ship (it was in an upcharge restaurant on Edge class ships) and weren't sure about the other. They emailed Eclipse guest services. Guest services called me and we had a pleasant chat with an apology. Several hours later, the maitre d from Blu (who we didn't ever see in person) called and asked if we would be dining with them. When I said no, he sent up 4 "Profiteroles". The dessert game is not strong on Celebrity and even I, a complete dessert lover, didn't find them edible. It's the thought that counts, however, and I was impressed with the Instagram side of things.

Even pre-pandemic, their complimentary baked dessert game has always been bland and therefore weak where if you were wearing a blindfold, you might not be able to tell the difference between a Vaniila/Yellow cake vs a Chocolate cake.  We tried the cookie skillet at Garden Grill on the Beyond and were surprised to find the dough they use is the same as the free buffet/Cafe Al Bacio cookies and therefore was disappointing.  If one likes the free cookies then they would like this.  The Eden Cafe had a surprisingly good chocolate cake but the Eden cookie recipe changed for the worse, supposedly only the Apex's Eden Cafe retains the original great cookie recipe.  When it comes to desserts, stick with the ice cream and gelato

image.thumb.png.37e0ec43827745e79ae43f4d458c8860.png

image.thumb.png.22cdfce1082237a1ff5be122df40e80e.png

• Like 3

8 hours ago, calicakes said:

I heard some people have a toilet issue on the current cruise, They got an upgrade to their room.

I didn't get any such thing.  Let me know if you have a link that discusses this.  I think they should have upgraded us, if at all possible.  And this happened early on and persistently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I didn't get any such thing.  Let me know if you have a link that discusses this.  I think they should have upgraded us, if at all possible.  And this happened early on and persistently.

The other live blog that is going on currently is by a travel agent. The people who told me about the upgrade,we're with him. I was speaking to them in the tender line yesterday. He might be able to help.

• Like 1