Why do you think guests do not have direct access to their Booking Confirmations?

Tennessee Titan

If you use a Travel Agent or PCC, you have hired someone to do all the work for you, even though you don't have to pay them. 
It is up to the TA/PCC to take care of all the arrangements, paperwork, run interference for you, and essentially spend their time so you don't have to spend yours. Instead of you going to the trouble of asking HAL to provide something to you, and spinning your wheels trying to make the HAL representative understand what you want, then follow up when you don't get it, your TA/PCC gets to do all that for you. 

If that's not how you want it to play out, then you don't hire someone to do the work for you in the first place. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Specifically amount of OBC credited. Apparently omly available through Booking Agent....

Because, by using a Travel Agent, you are authorizing them to enter into a contract to sail.  They are acting as your agent, and will be contacted to set up financial situation.

My problem with the amount listed on the "Guest Copy" from HAL directly or by way of a TA is that it is a total amount, not broken down by how the credit was issued. It is not possible to be sure that all OBC you are eligible for has been credited or which is missing.

• Like 4

I would like to be able to see my OBC on my itinerary or somewhere on the specific cruise I am looking at on the website.  Just getting that information from my PCC - especially if I can’t find my booking confirmation- seems like a bother. I.E- I have a ton of OBC for an upcoming cruise and it is no where to be found on the website or Navigator app pre-cruise. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thetideishigh2021 said:

The Travel Agent copy of your conf will show their commission so it’s not for the client’s viewing .  It’s not much different from the  passenger copy in terms of OBC

This is correct.  There's not an incredible amount of detail there.

11 minutes ago, richwmn said:

My problem with the amount listed on the "Guest Copy" from HAL directly or by way of a TA is that it is a total amount, not broken down by how the credit was issued. It is not possible to be sure that all OBC you are eligible for has been credited or which is missing.

That’s why I request the update of the confirmation from my PCC every time I expect a change (like adding shareholder credit).  I know what I am expecting to receive in OBC before I board the ship, and I have it in writing.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

That’s why I request the update of the confirmation from my PCC every time I expect a change (like adding shareholder credit).  I know what I am expecting to receive in OBC before I board the ship, and I have it in writing.  

I request a new Guest Copy each time a change is made as well, but again it would be nice if there was a line that said Stockholder Credit, another for military, etc.

At present the Guest Copy I get only shows a total.

• Like 3

I don't use a travel agent but I do have a HAL PCC. Anytime there is a change to the booking, a new confirmation is generated and I automatically receive an updated copy of the booking. But the OBC is one lump sum.

But for comparison I recently was on a MSC cruise in Europe. My booking confirmation paperwork had everything listed as a line item. I knew exactly, for example, what each OBC was for. There were individual sheets of paper for each passenger as well.

Edited by Heartgrove

One thing I use to see if I received the stockholder credit (and now the AARP) is to look at the OBC on the form from HAL and if one person has more than the other one, its one or both of these.  For example, on our next cruise I have $175 OBC and my DW has $75, so I am pretty sure that the $100 difference is from the shareholder credit.

• Like 1