Mocktails

coolio111

Thinking of getting the refreshment package, will I still be able to get a miami vice or mojito without the alcohol?

What other drinks are on the mocktail list?

Do I order these drinks as mocktails or will the server know when they swipe my card?

Thanks

2 hours ago, coolio111 said:

Thinking of getting the refreshment package, will I still be able to get a miami vice or mojito without the alcohol?

Do I order these drinks as mocktails or will the server know when they swipe my card?

Thanks

When I had the refreshment package, I specifically ordered the mocktail that I wanted. When I went to each bar, I inquired about options. Some had a few different options, others just asked what kind of drink I liked and they made me something based on that. The bar staff will not specifically know that you want a mocktail without you saying so.

13 hours ago, coolio111 said:

Thanks

Anything they can make with alcohol can be made mocktail (Virgin)  by withholding the alcohol . So your list is long.

Cheers

• Like 1

Yes you can get these, I got plenty of virgin Miami vice, Daquiris, pina coladas, mojitos, and more. What I did 99% of the time was ask them to just make me something non alcoholic, and they almost always asked frozen or mixed- then made something and would make sure I liked it before walking away. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The server doesnt know you want a mocktail, so sure tell her what you want to order.

I had the refreshment package on our last cruise and I ordered 2 daquiris WITH alcohol one night - we had some onboard credit. The first one, I specified that I wanted to pay for a normal daquiri, which I did - the second one (from the same server), they just assumed I wanted a mocktail as part of my package and brought one without alcohol. I was confused when I didn't have a slip to sign, and more confused when I started drinking it. So I second this recommendation! 

1 hour ago, znxineohp said:

Not really a mocktail question but if I get the Refreshment Package will I be able to still get the Heineken 0.0. with this?

Welcome to CC.

That may depend with the server and maybe the ship but unlikely - it mostly depends on how the point-of-sale terminal is programmed for that drink.

Try to find it in the app in one of the menus and see if it's priced any differently from other beers.

Edited by Biker19

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

That may depend with the server and maybe the ship but unlikely - it mostly depends on how the point-of-sale terminal is programmed for that drink.

Try to find it in the app in one of the menus and see if it's priced any differently from other beers.

Many thanks for that, I'll have a look at the app and see what it says

On 10/29/2023 at 8:44 PM, coolio111 said:

Thanks

I just got off Celebrity and got the Zero Proof package (not sure what it's called on RC). You need to tell the server you want a virgin version of the drinks. Here's what I tried:

Raspberry Fizz: hated it, tasted like cough syrup

Yellowbird: loved it, orange and pineapple juice

Peach Sunrise: am dying to have this again!

Pina Colada: Pina Colada mix, milk, and ice cream....had quite a few of these!

Strawberry Daiquiri: have these every chance I get!

Cuba Libre: Diet Coke 

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 6:42 PM, znxineohp said:

Hi,

Not really a mocktail question but if I get the Refreshment Package will I be able to still get the Heineken 0.0. with this?

Two weeks ago, I was not able to get a Heineken zero with my refreshment package on the Oasis.  I've been on the Oasis once a month going back several months and here is my experience.  When I order it, bartenders are up front and tell me it is not allowed on the package.  That kind of makes me mad.  I can get a canned soda, even a bottled Sprite Zero but not a non alcoholic beer.  I don't argue at all anymore but originally I did and was told it was a beer and not allowed.  It does taste like a beer, but to you beer nuts out there....It is NOT a beer.  LOL.  

On Celebrity it has been hit or miss.  Their refreshment package is called a Zero Proof Alcohol package.  When they turn me down, I mention that it is indeed zero alcohol and have won that fight on occasion.  

Edited by CruiseKeeper

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I just got off Celebrity and got the Zero Proof package (not sure what it's called on RC). You need to tell the server you want a virgin version of the drinks. Here's what I tried:

Raspberry Fizz: hated it, tasted like cough syrup

Yellowbird: loved it, orange and pineapple juice

Peach Sunrise: am dying to have this again!

Pina Colada: Pina Colada mix, milk, and ice cream....had quite a few of these!

Strawberry Daiquiri: have these every chance I get!

Cuba Libre: Diet Coke 

What's a Peach Sunrise?  Just name sounds good! Lol!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CruiseKeeper said:

Two weeks ago, I was not able to get a Heineken zero with my refreshment package on the Oasis.  I've been on the Oasis once a month going back several months and here is my experience.  When I order it, bartenders are up front and tell me it is not allowed on the package.  That kind of makes me mad.  I can get a canned soda, even a bottled Sprite Zero but not a non alcoholic beer.  I don't argue at all anymore but originally I did and was told it was a beer and not allowed.  It does taste like a beer, but to you beer nuts out there....It is NOT a beer.  LOL.  

On Celebrity it has been hit or miss.  Their refreshment package is called a Zero Proof Alcohol package.  When they turn me down, I mention that it is indeed zero alcohol and have won that fight on occasion.  

Many thanks for the info.

You'd think that it being non-alcoholic they would allow it (seems pretty petty to me, after all mocktails are alcohol free, the mind boggles).

Cheers anyway (or not as the case might be).