Vista Cruise Review with Lots of Photos and Menus

MVPinBoynton

15 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I have just posted a review to my website with lots of photos of a recently completed Colonial America cruise on the brand-new Oceania Vista that went from Montreal to Miami.   I also have the menus from the restaurants, spa and lounges.

We had a great time on an awesome ship.  Below is a photo from before the Aura show at Montreal’s Notre Dam Cathedral.  Just a gorgeous experience

The review is located on my website, which is linked to in my signature.  You can also just Google “Mike and Carol’s/Cathy’s Cruise Reviews” to find a link to it.  I hope it is helpful for those of you that are planning to cruise on the Vista; or that it brings back some fond memories to those of you who have already cruised on her or the ports.

Vista23_IP-9351.jpg

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Mike  Great  photos  & review

Not everyone  have the signatures turned on

so here is the link for those do not

https://www.thepreismans.com/vista23_1.htm

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for putting in the link. 

I understand most people don’t want to see all signatures, me included; but at the bottom of my posts the top of my signature shows with the website URL. 😄

1 hour ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for putting in the link. 

I understand most people don’t want to see all signatures, me included; but at the bottom of my posts the top of my signature shows with the website URL. 😄

Sorry  Mike   I am not seeing it either

Just now, MVPinBoynton said:

That’s interesting.  I’m seeing two lines of my signature.  Do you see an “expand signature” button?

I have  signatures  turned off  so only see the posts

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I have  signatures  turned off  so only see the posts

I thought that I had mine turned off, since I only see about 3 lines of a signature.  I think that was a change CC made a while ago.  Since I wasn't seeing everyones full signatures, I thought they were turned off.  I guess that I will just have to depend on helpful folks like you to put in my URL.  😀

• Haha 1

Aloha. As always I thoroughly enjoy your reviews, comments, menus and of course food pictures. I regularly visit your website and find it to be relaxing and refreshing in this wacky world. All the best and thank you again!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. As always I thoroughly enjoy your reviews, comments, menus and of course food pictures. I regularly visit your website and find it to be relaxing and refreshing in this wacky world. All the best and thank you again!

Thank you for the very nice comment.  It is most appreciated. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 7:25 AM, MVPinBoynton said:

I have just posted a review to my website with lots of photos of a recently completed Colonial America cruise on the brand-new Oceania Vista that went from Montreal to Miami.   I also have the menus from the restaurants, spa and lounges.

We had a great time on an awesome ship.  Below is a photo from before the Aura show at Montreal’s Notre Dam Cathedral.  Just a gorgeous experience

The review is located on my website, which is linked to in my signature.  You can also just Google “Mike and Carol’s/Cathy’s Cruise Reviews” to find a link to it.  I hope it is helpful for those of you that are planning to cruise on the Vista; or that it brings back some fond memories to those of you who have already cruised on her or the ports.

Vista23_IP-9351.jpg

Love the Aura show. Really spectacular. I love the fact that part of the proceeds goes into Cathedral renovations.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 8:06 AM, MVPinBoynton said:

If you look at the bottom of my post in the signature you will see it. 

Thank you so much for the detailed menus and photos. Our first O cruise on Vista is in 2024 and we will be reviewing these a lot !!!!

mac_tlc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

Thank you so much for the detailed menus and photos. Our first O cruise on Vista is in 2024 and we will be reviewing these a lot !!!!

mac_tlc

Theres a lot to review. So many choices!  That’s a good thing. 😄

• Like 1

Great review! Thank you. I have a cruise booked on Vista next March/April - looking forward to trying a new line (to me) and a new ship. 

One question for you - I think your cabin was 9106?  Were you disturbed by the elevator bank that looks to be close by? My cabin is in that vicinity and I am curious if that might be an issue.  Thank you!!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SolExistence said:

Great review! Thank you. I have a cruise booked on Vista next March/April - looking forward to trying a new line (to me) and a new ship. 

One question for you - I think your cabin was 9106?  Were you disturbed by the elevator bank that looks to be close by? My cabin is in that vicinity and I am curious if that might be an issue.  Thank you!!  

Not at all. Never heard a thing.  You have nothing to worry about. Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much for sharing the photos and menus. I have a question. On day 14 you show a Maine Lobster baked in shell with a mushroom cream sauce. Is it anything like the Lobster Thermidor they serve in Jacques? That was one of the best dishes we had on Riviera last March. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

23 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

Thank you so much for sharing the photos and menus. I have a question. On day 14 you show a Maine Lobster baked in shell with a mushroom cream sauce. Is it anything like the Lobster Thermidor they serve in Jacques? That was one of the best dishes we had on Riviera last March. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

I think they are basically the same.  Below are descriptions and photos of the Jacques Lobster Thermidor from my 2016 Riviera cruise.

PastedGraphic.thumb.png.e9896de926cbc87a2dfd29b6e9e4b9c8.png

Riv16_food_0291.jpg.2af0a3c927c3c26dbd7fbd36e7cd5ef6.jpg

Below is the Vista Maine Lobster Baked in Shell.  The main difference is that the Vista one was a much bigger shell rather than two smaller ones in Jacques.

PastedGraphic1.png.4041787afe9e1156d31ef3d41f626ca6.png

Vista23_IP-1854.jpg.68a15451a80aead591daf298e9bea73e.jpg

Edited by MVPinBoynton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2