Cruise Ireland and Iceland?

39august

11 minutes ago, 39august said:

In another post someone said they had this cruise booked and did not have to fly to Europe to do so. Can someone tell me the port of departure on this,,please? 

Silhouette from Rotterdam and Apex from Southampton

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-search?portsOfCall=REK

Also Eclipse round trip from Boston (2 legs)

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-search?portsOfCall=REK&ship=EC

(first leg sold out)

Edited by gerelmx

2 hours ago, 39august said:

OK. Both of those ports require flying from the US. The poster to whom I referred said no flight to Europe was required. 

They prob left out it was a B2B. US to Ireland and back to the US would be over a month.  The Iceland cruise is 12 nights in each direction, 24 total nights and 25 if you need to fly in the day before

I am guessing it was something I posted in the thread about X execs taking a trip on one of their ships to see how things really were.. anyway, what I was trying to say is that pre-pandemic we had an Iceland cruise booked out of Ireland and it got canceled.  Since the pandemic we have been hesitant to go back to Europe so when X started offering cruises that start and end in the US ( Cape Liberty NJ or Boston) and go to Iceland it was something I did not want to miss and booked long ago.  So, to my knowledge you cannot get a cruise that included Ireland and Iceland without flying to Europe......

6 hours ago, 39august said:

In another post someone said they had this cruise booked and did not have to fly to Europe to do so. Can someone tell me the port of departure on this,,please? 

In 2020, the Celebrity Summit was scheduled to sail from Cape liberty to Dublin with port calls in Nova Scotia, Greenland and Iceland with a return journey to Boston. In 2021, same ship was on similar journey but finishing in Southampton. Unfortunately, both these cruises were cancelled because of Covid. 

Unfortunately those itineraries were not rescheduled but the subsequent cruise from 2022 only went to Iceland before returning to Boston.

very disappointing as we were booked on the 2020 cruise.