Need Help - Need a drink!

bjkTX

We have had the Plus Package before including the last two cruises we went on last year, but didn't have a smartphone so never ordered anything to be delivered to us.  This cruise we have a phone and a tablet so I'm dangerous!  I will be in recovery mode after surgery and will most likely spend a lot of time on the balcony so it would be nice to be able to order a drink (or two) to be delivered.  Not having done it before I have a few questions and please remember I have never even opened whatever part of the app I will need yet 🙂  If I want to order a specific drink - say a gin and tonic - are you able to specify the type of gin, that you prefer a tall glass and lemon instead of a lime???  This is important!! 🙂  Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

Not having done it before I have a few questions and please remember I have never even opened whatever part of the app I will need yet 🙂  If I want to order a specific drink - say a gin and tonic - are you able to specify the type of gin, that you prefer a tall glass and lemon instead of a lime???

I haven't see that option. perhaps you're better off ordering it from a crew member of going to the bar yourself. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

We have had the Plus Package before including the last two cruises we went on last year, but didn't have a smartphone so never ordered anything to be delivered to us.  This cruise we have a phone and a tablet so I'm dangerous!  I will be in recovery mode after surgery and will most likely spend a lot of time on the balcony so it would be nice to be able to order a drink (or two) to be delivered.  Not having done it before I have a few questions and please remember I have never even opened whatever part of the app I will need yet 🙂  If I want to order a specific drink - say a gin and tonic - are you able to specify the type of gin, that you prefer a tall glass and lemon instead of a lime???  This is important!! 🙂  Thanks in advance.

I have ordered drinks to my room many times, however it would be useful if someone currently on a cruise could screenshot the order page for this drink. In the past I have seen various options for drinks such as a gin and tonic. Of course you can order by your room phone and specify what you want but this attracts a charge. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

Yes you can order type of alcohol and lemon or lime, glass choice not available.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I have ordered drinks to my room many times, however it would be useful if someone currently on a cruise could screenshot the order page for this drink. In the past I have seen various options for drinks such as a gin and tonic. Of course you can order by your room phone and specify what you want but this attracts a charge. 

There would be too many screenshots involved to do this!  Each type of drink has an icon that you tap on and a whole sublist opens up in regards to that type of drink.  Hard to explain...but once you see it first-hand you'll go "Duh!" that makes sense now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Cruisintimer said:

Yes you can order type of alcohol and lemon or lime, glass choice not available.  Hope that helps.

Not much more though. I like to specify amount of vermouth for a manhattan and stirred not shaken. So I always go to my bartender 

• Thanks 1

While we're on this topic - has anyone found a way to order a drink from the Good Spirits at Sea menu via the app? My fave drink on the ship is from there and it would be so convenient to have it delivered to me wherever I am vs. physically going down there every time. But I have not figured out a way to do this. There's no option for that, right? 

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

There would be too many screenshots involved to do this!  Each type of drink has an icon that you tap on and a whole sublist opens up in regards to that type of drink.  Hard to explain...but once you see it first-hand you'll go "Duh!" that makes sense now!

Makes sense. I just thought a G&T might have a one screen options list. I have only ordered beers and wine off the App or room TV so don't need to drill down too far to meet my simple needs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bjkTX said:

I will be in recovery mode after surgery and will most likely spend a lot of time on the balcony so it would be nice to be able to order a drink (or two) to be delivered.  Not having done it before I have a few questions and please remember I have never even opened whatever part of the app I will need yet 🙂  If I want to order a specific drink - say a gin and tonic - are you able to specify the type of gin, that you prefer a tall glass and lemon instead of a lime???  This is important!! 🙂  Thanks in advance.

Without knowing your stage of recovery, do please be sure you don't have an interaction with any pain medications and alcohol you may be taking at the time of your cruise.

May I suggest, my fellow gin enthusiast, since you like lemon in your gin drinks, and prefer a tall glass, instead of a G&T, have you ever tried a French 75?   It should be served in a flute.  They'd always have a bottle of champagne open. Just a thought.

10 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Without knowing your stage of recovery, do please be sure you don't have an interaction with any pain medications and alcohol you may be taking at the time of your cruise.

May I suggest, my fellow gin enthusiast, since you like lemon in your gin drinks, and prefer a tall glass, instead of a G&T, have you ever tried a French 75?   It should be served in a flute.  They'd always have a bottle of champagne open. Just a thought.

No pain meds - after surgery and almost 4 weeks of morphine/dilaudid/clonodine withdrawal (long story involving a morphine pain pump) the only thing going in my mouth, other than a G&T, will be aspirin!  But thanks for the reminder!!  I have never heard of a French 75!   Google here I come! 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bjkTX said:

No pain meds - after surgery and almost 4 weeks of morphine/dilaudid/clonodine withdrawal (long story involving a morphine pain pump) the only thing going in my mouth, other than a G&T, will be aspirin!  But thanks for the reminder!!  I have never heard of a French 75!   Google here I come! 🙂

Maybe it would work out to order a bottle of your preferred gin and some tonic for your room and make your own? The room steward can bring you ice and if you want a particular glass, order a G&T in your preferred glass at a bar, then take it to your room.

Maybe this is harder than I think?? Anyway, just a thought.

5 hours ago, Auntiejo said:

While we're on this topic - has anyone found a way to order a drink from the Good Spirits at Sea menu via the app? My fave drink on the ship is from there and it would be so convenient to have it delivered to me wherever I am vs. physically going down there every time. But I have not figured out a way to do this. There's no option for that, right? 

Well, I can tell I was trying to order the drink from Good Spirits while seating nearby. I could see my drink has been made pretty fast, but nobody would pick it up and deliver. After 15 minutes of waiting I went to the bar and asked for it. Only after that barmen asked one of the waiters to deliver it to me.

51 minutes ago, trin880 said:

Well, I can tell I was trying to order the drink from Good Spirits while seating nearby. I could see my drink has been made pretty fast, but nobody would pick it up and deliver. After 15 minutes of waiting I went to the bar and asked for it. Only after that barmen asked one of the waiters to deliver it to me.

Sorry but why the heck would you order on an app to be delivered when you could walk up and order it in person 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Sorry but why the heck would you order on an app to be delivered when you could walk up and order it in person 

Just to see how it works . Purely out of curiosity. Waiters who work tables, don't pick up app orders was my conclusion.