Diamond (Crown Lounge) Access

1 hour ago, island lady said:

They were not doing that on Wonder....guess it's just too big...too many C&A members.  

Did get our certificates, and the stratum....but just mailed to us.   And actually I never wait for the certificate.....I just call CS, of whom are able to quickly look up the certificate number and use it for my booking.  Using my next one on Wonder end of Feb.  

Forgot to book a milestone from last December!   Thought I had done it already and wondered why the cruise had not shown up in upcoming cruises.  LUCKILY, I realized it two weeks ago and booked it before it expired.   Icon for March 2025, a nice way to try Icon for free.  

M

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisin from florida said:

For 24-25, we have a Panama Canal, 3 Transatlantics, one Honolulu to Vancouver, a Med and Japan on X, and a couple of Caribbean with friends or family. That's pretty much the only reason we do the Caribbean anymore. 

Two TAs are back and forth on Adventure next fall, with the Celebrity Med cruise in between. The other TA is the recently released Brilliance that hits Iceland and Greenland on the way from South Hampton to Boston.

Last year we did Alaska, New Zealand, and a Transatlantic. The second half of getting to Pinnacle will definitely cost a LOT more than the first half did.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I have Australia/NZ booked (Viking).  The Canadian/Greenland NW passage, including prior cruise on the Great lakes and the SL seaway booked (Viking).  Have to fly to Barcelona to rejoin WC for 4th quarter.  Doing river cruise in Oregon, flying to Portland (American Queen).  Just added B2B Alaska again.  

Waiting to book an eastbound TA with French river cruise added on (Viking).  And still want to do the TA from Hong Kong to Vancouver (Viking).  

You both have me jealous.  I look forward to unique cruises like those.  Gives me something to dream about in retirement, God willing.

1 minute ago, The Fun Researcher said:

You both have me jealous.  I look forward to unique cruises like those.  Gives me something to dream about in retirement, God willing.

Indeed...retirement was the key.   Plus we are (sadly) sans pets since the demon cancer took my fur babies 😞.   Until then 2 weeks was the max for us to be away, even with a great cat sitter, I still missed them dearly when we were gone...and still do after 5 years since they crossed over the Rainbow bridge.  🥺

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed...retirement was the key.   Plus we are (sadly) sans pets since the demon cancer took my fur babies 😞.   Until then 2 weeks was the max for us to be away, even with a great cat sitter, I still missed them dearly when we were gone...and still do after 5 years since they crossed over the Rainbow bridge.  🥺

Yes, retirement has been key. Then we lost two years of travel due to Covid. We did a big trip to the south of France and Italy (with a Greek Isles cruise in-between) in late summer 2022, and realized how much we would have missed if we had mobility issues. I warned hubby to saddle up, because we're going while we can!

We had house sitters stay with the fur babies. Sadly just one elderly kitty left. Fortunately we have a nice place with a pool near the beach, so it's not TOO hard to convince the northern friends and relatives to spend a bit of time in the sunny south.

Edited by cruisin from florida
  • Haha 1

Living in Ireland I have to fly to all ports. ☘️

It is actually less expensive for me to fly to the US and sail from any Eastern board ports with international flights as it is to fly to Mainland Europe to board in Europe with a shorter flight. European cruises are expensive and there are only so many times you can keep going to the same ports (Barcelona, Nice, La Spezia, Rome & Naples) the same way some of you sailing from Florida are bored with the Caribbean ports.  Only difference is that the weather in the Caribbean is a lot better than in Europe! 😎

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, doghog said:

Welcome back.🍷 😁

We had better get used to getting back to the balcony experience....even during first release of quarters on the World Cruise...and still to this day less than 2 weeks before...nothing from JS and up available to book.  

Soooo...your bro and I will be very...very...close together in our balcony for the 2 quarters (first and last)  of over 60 days each.  Hopefully we don't drive each other crazy ..or worse!.  😲

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Noo...this is finally using my 1050 point certificate.   1400 is up next.  🙂  

Even still…pretty quick.  …and I guess I didn’t realize that you got another freebie at 1050 !  Woohoo !  I thought you only got comps at increments of 700.  ….thats what a noob I am !

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Even still…pretty quick.  …and I guess I didn’t realize that you got another freebie at 1050 !  Woohoo !  I thought you only got comps at increments of 700.  ….thats what a noob I am !

every 350 pts.  1050 is any balcony on a Caribbean cruise ( or a trade in value)  Today the price of a cruise makes the  cruise worth much more than the trade in.  My Icon cruise is worth over $7500!. 

Then at 1400 pts, it is a JS  

M

• Like 2

On 11/27/2023 at 4:30 PM, Another_Critic said:

Yeah, it is expensive even when not flying.  My last RT cruise (9 night) from Cape Liberty, I took Amtrak and Lyft.  Much cheaper than gas, tolls, and parking.

It is getting to the point it may be cheaper to fly to FL vs. sailing from the Northeast.  😞

I live in Oregon and every cruise is expensive for us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Mmmm...love the wines out there.   We are doing 2 weeks prior to the B2B 2 week river cruise at a winery guest house.  Gotta love that Pinot!!  🥰

Agree 100%!  We live in wine country and enjoy it so much.  My DH worked at 3 after leaving the “Tech world” and loved every minute of it.  Enjoy.