Los Lobos FAS Dining Voucher or Platinum Meal?

sfxthx

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not find an answer.

We are cruising Norwegian Dawn in a few days and have two FAS Dining Vouchers and two free Platinum Meals. On our last cruise on Norwegian Star the Platinum Meals were only good for one appetizer, one main course and one dessert.

How much can I order in Los Lobos if I use my free Platinum meal? Or should I better use one of my FAS Dining Vouchers?

Thanks!

In my experience, when using the FAS there's much more leeway being allowed to order what you want (e.g. more than one appetizer). On my last cruise a few weeks ago, when I used a Latitudes coupon it was one app, one entree, one dessert. Lobos in particular has so many delicious apps that personally I'd use the FAS.

• Like 1

I

1 hour ago, Coastalbreezes said:

In my experience, when using the FAS there's much more leeway being allowed to order what you want (e.g. more than one appetizer). On my last cruise a few weeks ago, when I used a Latitudes coupon it was one app, one entree, one dessert. Lobos in particular has so many delicious apps that personally I'd use the FAS.

I’ve found the same. The platinum vouchers they’re more strict. We were at Q on the bliss and the waiter said we could order whatever we wanted and he would put it through vs platinum voucher they were more strict at La Cucina. 

to be honest I think it depends on the ship/wait staff. It’s down to them if they enforce it or not. 

• Like 1

I would go platinum meal at Los Lobos. I found the portions were huge when I went on the Encore, so only being able to do app, entree and dessert would be more than enough food. I can’t remember what I had for the app, but I left about half of my Chile Rellenos because I couldn’t eat anymore. 

• Like 1

Do you plan to eat at Teppanyaki or Moderno? If so, I recommend using your platinum vouchers there. 

While we have not had many issue this past year with being limited on what we can order with vouchers vs. FAS, we tend to use the voucher at the specialty restaurants with a fixed price. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seas2mountains said:

Do you plan to eat at Teppanyaki or Moderno? If so, I recommend using your platinum vouchers there. 

While we have not had many issue this past year with being limited on what we can order with vouchers vs. FAS, we tend to use the voucher at the specialty restaurants with a fixed price. 

I like this advice.  Only question I have is do either offer the free wine?

5 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I like this advice.  Only question I have is do either offer the free wine?

Yes, both will bring out the special wine menu for the free bottle. We usually take the unopened bottle back to our cabin.

On our most recent cruise, it was great to enjoy the wine in our hotel room in Tahiti after the cruise ended. If you have a hotel stay after the cruise, it may save you $ to take the bottle with you. When we don’t have an overnight stay, we usually enjoy having a bottle in the cabin for the times we have gone back to the cabin early in the evening. 

10 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

These days they are basically applying the same rules regardless of the type of voucher used.

I have seen some people report slightly different experiences, but that can happen even when people are just using one type.

I agree. We sail 5-6 times a year and have never had any problem using both the FAS/Specialty Dining Package and Platinum vouchers to get two "something" (appetizers and/or soup/salad), and entree, two sides, and dessert. 

6 hours ago, lepidoptera said:

I would go platinum meal at Los Lobos. I found the portions were huge when I went on the Encore, so only being able to do app, entree and dessert would be more than enough food. I can’t remember what I had for the app, but I left about half of my Chile Rellenos because I couldn’t eat anymore. 

There was SO much food at Los Lobos, it was impossible to eat everything served to me.  

(That said, I did FAS, and they let me get 3 appetizers, a side, and a dessert, though I skipped the dessert. I wanted the churros, I was just too full.) 

• Like 1

When I ate at Los lobos I used only 1 dining voucher and saved one for another time here or elsewhere it was plenty of food to share. Just tell waiter you r sharing dinner. We had guacamole made at table empanadas and sliced steak donuts for dessert. Came back at end of cruise and used other half of voucher.

T