Check-in on app

wildcats40

I know that we aren't able to check in for our cruise until 45 days before departure.  Does the earlier you check in give you the earliest time slot for getting to the port?  We like to get on board in the morning and be able to have lunch on the ship.  Is it necessary to get online at midnight to get the "best" time?

Thanks,

Elaine

generally yes, however since all slots are open and get booked on a first come first served basis it will depend on what people will want.   There are people who will get check in right away looking for late times or specific time during the day but generally yes the people waiting till midnight for check in to open are looking for the earliest time they can so those tend to book up quickest.

• Thanks 1

Generally yes but I've often seen the First Slots remain open for a number of days after checkin begins    We are lucky living on West Coast we only have to stay awake until 9:00 PM.

I generally just log in using the app and selecting arrival time for each of us and then come back at my leisure and complete the rest of the Check-In Process

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Generally yes but I've often seen the First Slots remain open for a number of days after checkin begins    We are lucky living on West Coast we only have to stay awake until 9:00 PM.

I generally just log in using the app and selecting arrival time for each of us and then come back at my leisure and complete the rest of the Check-In Process

I thought the arrival time did not matter for Retreat and Zenith guest?  If not, then I am going to need to pay close attention to date/time for our May sailing out of Yokohama 🙂

10 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I thought the arrival time did not matter for Retreat and Zenith guest?

Correct. And in many ports they seem to completely ignore your "assigned" arrival time regardless of status.

Edited by mahasamatman
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I thought the arrival time did not matter for Retreat and Zenith guest?  If not, then I am going to need to pay close attention to date/time for our May sailing out of Yokohama 🙂

They don't but sometimes especially in non-US locations they just don't understand and try to heard us to the General Boarding area.   Once past the first check to get through the front door the staff generally understand.  

It also has helped us when traveling with non-suite guests to get them through the first check.

We did a TA into Yokohama so didn't need a pass for the boarding of the B2B.   Very often Zenith members have lots of trouble -  I've even responded to one agent who said we couldn't use the Suites Entrance -   LOOK AT THAT FLAG -  It reads Zenith and Suites.    Sorry --- Sorry --

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We'll be on the Summit in a week and we selected our check-in time the first day available (not at midnight but in the morning after we got up).   First available timeslot was 12-12:30pm, which we chose.   (Back in the olden days, we used to be able to check in at 11am, then on the Equinox in September the earliest time was 11:30am, now on the Summit the earliest time is 12noon.)    I look at the check-in times often and they are frequently different on the app vs the website.

Right now, the available check-in times on the website for our cruise on the Summit is 12-12:30pm or 2-2:30.   Looking at the app the available check-in time is 2-2:30 only

If you aren't able to choose a check-in time you want, just keep checking (website & app) and the time you want may come up.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Don't take those times too seriously. We've been on cruises with an "earliest boarding time" of noon, and still boarded between 10:30 and 11:00.

The times are meant for crowd control.  Actual boarding is really done as fast as they can handle the crowds.  The shore crew wants you out and on board ASAP, if they can process you early and get you on it is good for them.   So if all is going the way it is supposed to they can get people on alot quicker.  But as soon as something goes wrong the times become important as to who gets served first.