How to book a solo cabin with Norwegian

Scubadoobie2

What is the trick to booking a solo cabin with Norwegian?  My experience thus far has been that every time I've looked online with Norwegian to book a solo cabin none were available.  Must you call Norwegian?  Is it a matter of booking more than a year out in order to find a solo cabin?  Do they sell out that quickly?  Thank you for any info you can provide. 

1 minute ago, Asawi said:

Are you talking about Studio cabins? They do tend to sell out but not that far in advance. Are you setting the number of passengers to one? If you don't the solo options will not show up.

Right.  There is no trick.  Just change the number of passengers to one and all the options will show up.  I have noticed that that option doesn’t always show on the NCL homepage, but put in your criteria and search for cruises.  On the results screen there will be a “more filters” tab.  That’s where you change the number of passengers.

• Like 1

Make sure you have 1 guest selected. It is automatically set for 2 guests. 

But I tried to do a mock booking of a studio room and it tells me “your selection is no longer valid” or something along those lines. So i think there is something wrong with the system right now. 

• Like 2

Some of us are already having trouble booking a Studio Cabin for The Aqua which opened for bookings this morning.  The cruise I want is the Transatlantic in March of 2025-- all sea days.

Edited by www3traveler
Add a comment

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

Some of us are already having trouble booking a Studio Cabin for The Aqua which opened for bookings this morning.  The cruise I want is the Transatlantic in March of 2025-- all sea days.

No such ship.  The only NCL ship sailing TA in 3/2025 is the Epic.  Plenty of Studio cabins available.

8 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

No such ship.  The only NCL ship sailing TA in 3/2025 is the Epic.  Plenty of Studio cabins available.

Aqua is a brand new ship that was just reveled today, the ncl website is not the greatest with showing all of the new itinerary using the search tool. here is the aqua ta in march 2025:
image.thumb.png.7d67f1644714f8275fb11eefb07fe0df.png

• Like 1

I got a solo inside cabin on the Aqua for a 5 night cruise to Bermuda in 2025.  When I spoke to the personal cruise consultant this morning, she said there were 6 left for the sailing I was interested in.   I also checked the solo inside cabins on the Getaway for the same itinerary and saw some available. 

1 hour ago, cruiserbear55 said:

As @shof515 stated, in addition to solos, supposedly there are now solo insides, oceanviews, and balconies on each ship. Have tried multiple times to price a solo balcony on different ships, and all I ever get is "solo balcony not available".

Number of passengers has to be set to 1 in order to see solo availability.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HelCat said:

Make sure you have 1 guest selected. It is automatically set for 2 guests. 

But I tried to do a mock booking of a studio room and it tells me “your selection is no longer valid” or something along those lines. So i think there is something wrong with the system right now. 

I got the same message yesterday when I tried clicking on the solo balcony link. It feels like an IT glitch.

Crazy as this may sound, as we all know NCL's website is never flawed nor full of glitches, I think it's a website bug.  I tried to mock book a couple different cruises yesterday and had the pink bar appear at the top saying the cabin I tried to book was no longer available.  This was between different ships and different room types.  They added Aqua and broke something. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WickedRed said:

Crazy as this may sound, as we all know NCL's website is never flawed nor full of glitches, I think it's a website bug.  I tried to mock book a couple different cruises yesterday and had the pink bar appear at the top saying the cabin I tried to book was no longer available.  This was between different ships and different room types.  They added Aqua and broke something. 

This happened to me when I was mock booking solo cabins on the Aqua, kept getting the message saying the cabin was no longer available.  Just so happened the PCC called as I was on the NCL site and told me she was able to see available rooms on her end.