New to Diamond Plus help

HelenP

Hello

We are currently booked on Allure of the Seas 3 night out of Port Canaveral and are new Diamond Plus.  Since this is a 3 night cruise do we still get 2 days of internet and how does that work?  Also with 5 free drinks daily is there a drink package that takes that into account.  We will buy anything above 5 but I would like to not have much of a tab in the end so would go for a half price package.  This was a last minute booking so we plan on booking add ones as we get on the ship.  Any advice?

Thanks Y’all 

Internet works the same as being Diamond. But, you get two 24 hour periods(each) to be used on whatever days you want.

Drinks works exactly as they did as a Diamond guest. No reduced package. Someone reported that a ten drink card was being sold on some ship, but this doesn't seem to be fleet wide. Use your five drinks, use your half off drinks, drink your bottle of wine, it is only three days.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HelenP said:

Hello

We are currently booked on Allure of the Seas 3 night out of Port Canaveral and are new Diamond Plus.  Since this is a 3 night cruise do we still get 2 days of internet and how does that work?  Also with 5 free drinks daily is there a drink package that takes that into account.  We will buy anything above 5 but I would like to not have much of a tab in the end so would go for a half price package.  This was a last minute booking so we plan on booking add ones as we get on the ship.  Any advice?

Thanks Y’all 

Yes you each get 2 days of free wifi. Same like before when you got 1 day. The discount for the 2 days pops up subtracted from the total of whatever you click on to check. One day .. or rest of the cruise .. whichever you choose on the paper where you sign in or purchase. 

The 5 free drinks has no effect on the price of drink pkgs.

You should still get the two free days of internet. just sign up for a package when you are on board, and your discount will be applied automatically. 

There is no drink package that takes into account your freebies.

You'll either need to pay for each drink over five individually, or if you choose to get a package, you'll have to pay whatever price that is. 

Think closely about how much you will actually drink.

For the deluxe, I think you need to drink at least 8 a day to break even.

If you're getting 5 for free, you'd be much better off just paying for individual drinks. 

Here is a screen shot from allure .. I wait until thursday.. get off sunday...and midnight when the prices change and one day is subtracted. .. 3 nights, 2 full days this way. This shows the daily rate, or what I choose ... rest of the cruise.. which is LESS than 2 days every time I've bought.. leaving about $6 in unused promo. 

Here is me buying "for the rest of the cruise".

20231107_104022356.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Use the D+ drink vouchers on the higher priced drinks.  Assuming you are going to exceed 5 per day, buy the lowest cost drinks (water, soda, coffees, etc.).

Yep, I even go as far as to pay for my beer during the day saving the vouchers until evening.