When to book dining reservations?

tizbo1423

I know there's a long way to go before my March cruise, but I am cruising with a group of 9 and am worried about getting dining reservations where/when we want them with a large group. I tried reserving some after final payment, but the time slots are VERY limited. Are the reservations already booked, or are they just limited this early and will open up closer to the cruise?

15 minutes ago, tizbo1423 said:

I know there's a long way to go before my March cruise, but I am cruising with a group of 9 and am worried about getting dining reservations where/when we want them with a large group. I tried reserving some after final payment, but the time slots are VERY limited. Are the reservations already booked, or are they just limited this early and will open up closer to the cruise?

Dining reservations open at 130 days for Haven/Suite, 125 days for upper Latitudes members, and 120 days prior for others.  Also of note, the largest group number is 8 people.  Perhaps you would have better luck calling NCL to see if they might be able to help you.  Otherwise, you need to make your reservations Onboard, asap!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tizbo1423 said:

If you wanted reservations, you needed to be logged on at 12 midnight 120 days prior to departure. You have waited too long. You must now try to do that once you board. It has to be #1 priority upon embarkation. 

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you wanted reservations, you needed to be logged on at 12 midnight 120 days prior to departure. You have waited too long. You must now try to do that once you board. It has to be #1 priority upon embarkation. 

What are the chances I am able to change reservations once on board if I just take what is available now? Is this really all that’s left??

43 minutes ago, tizbo1423 said:

Is this really all that’s left??

There are more available reservations that open on embarkation day. The issue is that there are thousands of people who could potentially be trying to book reservations just like you want to book reservations. 

That's why doing it as early as possible on embarkation day is the option if you missed the early windows (130/125/120 days before). 

Read the following and did not see Ocean on the Specialty Dining package.  I thought I read somewhere that it was included and for a nominal fee $10? you could add/upgrade the menu?

https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#when-can-i-pre-book-dining

Being late to the party I booked it for 8:30pm hoping to get it under the package & change the time onboard. Your thoughts?

Oh and I got an email saying to complete my reservation! It shows $0 and I checked the box about reading the cancellation policy. What didn't I finish?

Edited by eltigre

56 minutes ago, eltigre said:

Read the following and did not see Ocean on the Specialty Dining package.  I thought I read somewhere that it was included and for a nominal fee $10? you could add/upgrade the menu?

https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#when-can-i-pre-book-dining

Being late to the party I booked it for 8:30pm hoping to get it under the package & change the time onboard. Your thoughts?

Oh and I got an email saying to complete my reservation! It shows $0 and I checked the box about reading the cancellation policy. What didn't I finish?

Ocean Blue is certainly included. No extra charge unless you order an up charge item.

I think it’s covered in the T@Cs by “seafood restaurant”

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Thanks 1