Self Serve Ice Cream

Butterbean1000

22 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Can't find the picture w/strawberry, but it was still available when I got this in Sept.20231114_173259.thumb.jpg.9b24f433152237b55ba23271a090c9af.jpg

I love the Strawberry but I believe that ship has sailed 

Going on Magic in 10 days we will report back if it has returned 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, joe/jack said:

I love the Strawberry but I believe that ship has sailed 

Going on Magic in 10 days we will report back if it has returned 

The strawberry frozen yogurt has always been my favorite! Fill a drink glass about 1/2 full then top off with lemonade. Oh my, very refreshing. If no strawberry, the vanilla will work with the lemonade. Like a lemonade shake.    joe/jack, could you also see if that gelato is also on Magic's Lido area? Friends and I will be on her in January; hoping to try the gelato! Thanks.

Edited by Tennessee Rose

14 hours ago, five. said:

I know for sure Horizon has it. Recently been on more HAL than Carnival so I can't say 100% if it's fleet wide. But I was thinking it was.

The gelato is only served on the Vista Class ships built for the North American market: Vista, Horizon and Panorama. 

• Like 1

Didn't notice strawberry on my last Magic cruise.

Only noticed vanilla / chocolate froyo and vanilla /chocolate soft serve.

Granted I didn't visit every day so it's very possible they switched out flavors.

Carnival used to have a different kind of vanilla soft serve that was very creamy, like Dairy Queen. No longer - it's all the icy stuff that's closer to a Chick-Fil-A icedream. Both are good but I prefer the Dairy Queen consistency stuff.

8 hours ago, mz-s said:

Didn't notice strawberry on my last Magic cruise.

Only noticed vanilla / chocolate froyo and vanilla /chocolate soft serve.

Granted I didn't visit every day so it's very possible they switched out flavors.

Carnival used to have a different kind of vanilla soft serve that was very creamy, like Dairy Queen. No longer - it's all the icy stuff that's closer to a Chick-Fil-A icedream. Both are good but I prefer the Dairy Queen consistency stuff.

No worries, I usually only get one or two cones.  I mainly use the vanilla self serve to make an "adult" dreamsickle milkshake.

On 11/14/2023 at 5:02 PM, Butterbean1000 said:

Is there still self serve ice cream?  If so, do they still have strawberry yogurt?  We cruise the Magic this May.

The soft serve definitely isn't ice cream, and doesn't look or taste like ice cream either.

Look at the picture below; it's "dessert mix," not even allowed to be called ice cream.  The first 3 ingredientes are water, corn syrup, and oíl, and all the daily ingredients are powdered.

On 11/14/2023 at 5:34 PM, rainbowflag said:

Carn Soft1.jpg

Carn Soft2.jpg

5 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The soft serve definitely isn't ice cream, and doesn't look or taste like ice cream either.

Look at the picture below; it's "dessert mix," not even allowed to be called ice cream.  The first 3 ingredientes are water, corn syrup, and oíl, and all the daily ingredients are powdered.

Heads up - if I am not mistaken, nothing that comes out of a soft serve meets the official definition of ice cream. Not at McDonald's, not at Dairy Queen, not even at Culver's (that's frozen custard, which I think is even better than ice cream).

Edited by staceyglow

4 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Heads up - if I am not mistaken, nothing that comes out of a soft serve meets the official definition of ice cream.

4 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Heads up - if I am not mistaken, nothing that comes out of a soft serve meets the official definition of ice cream.

Chick-fil-a has my favorite milkshakes and they are made of IceDream.  I try not to think about what it really is when I'm having one.

Edited by Butterbean1000

13 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Did you read what I wrote when I posted the photos? " Both versions are frozen dessert products "

1 minute ago, rainbowflag said:

You used my photos so I have a say, don't I? I didn't think it necessary to spell it out for people and left it to them to read the ingredients and learn. 😉 

Not when you post them on a public bulletin board with the quote function.  And I quoted you, so stop acting like I'm taking credit for your photographic masterpiece.

• Haha 2