How many times can you reprice your cruise?

HLR

Hi all!

Does Celebrity keep track of how many times you take advantage of a price reduction and reprice your cruise? I booked a solo [with 100% Solo Supplement] cabin for June on Nov 9th...Repriced on the 11th for $150 less, and repriced today the 16th for an additional $154 less [though I forfeited $50 OBC...I'm $254 ahead!]

Has anyone found there is a limit to how often you will reprice? It makes me happy, but I don't want to take advantage [or piss them off...and then have the waiter spit in my dessert].

Howard

• Haha 1

Just curious how repricing works? Do they lower the price or is the difference given to you in OBC?

Do you have to cancel and rebook or is it the same reservation number? If that is the case I guess you would be hit with cancellation fees….

3 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Just curious how repricing works? Do they lower the price or is the difference given to you in OBC?

Do you have to cancel and rebook or is it the same reservation number? If that is the case I guess you would be hit with cancellation fees….

You do not cancel and rebook. The ability to get price drops can be different in different countries.  

10 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Hi Susan!

As Jelayne said...you call the cruise line or your travel agent and say "Hi! I saw there was a price drop! Can I take advantage of the savings?" and they say "Please Hold". NOTE: If you had a previous OBC....you may lose it as you are pricing with a different "Deal"...however you can still come out ahead.

4 minutes ago, HLR said:

Hi Susan!

As Jelayne said...you call the cruise line or your travel agent and say "Hi! I saw there was a price drop! Can I take advantage of the savings?" and they say "Please Hold". NOTE: If you had a previous OBC....you may lose it as you are pricing with a different "Deal"...however you can still come out ahead.

Yes! Very good point about OBC.  You should factor in all benefits included in the old VS. new deals.

And, inside of final payment, if you get a price drop, you can't reprice, but you can upgrade to a higher category with a higher price.  We did that by canceling our drink package and moving to a higher level cabin (which was cheaper) but did the AI rate (since we cancelled drinks and internet).  It was a higher rate for the AI, but was still cheaper when considering the drinks and internet costs.  And we moved from OV to a prime verandah.

Doesn't work all the time, but when the deal is right, go for it.  All they can do is say no.

21 minutes ago, shellunderwater said:

Yes! Very good point about OBC.  You should factor in all benefits included in the old VS. new deals.

And, inside of final payment, if you get a price drop, you can't reprice, but you can upgrade to a higher category with a higher price.  We did that by canceling our drink package and moving to a higher level cabin (which was cheaper) but did the AI rate (since we cancelled drinks and internet).  It was a higher rate for the AI, but was still cheaper when considering the drinks and internet costs.  And we moved from OV to a prime verandah.

Doesn't work all the time, but when the deal is right, go for it.  All they can do is say no.

I agree with shellunderwater.  I could reprice a current booked cruise and save $250 but would give up $325 of Celebrity awarded OBC. 

Another wrinkle is the type of OBC.  If you use a TA, they might have given you their own OBC award and you should not lose that.  I have the Royal Caribbean Visa card and can use the accrued rewards points on either Royal or Celebrity.  They are a refundable OBC.  Again, a reprice should not affect those.  OBC status after a reprice is a question that should be asked and answered before proceeding with the reprice evaluation.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

They just reprice on paper the amount you will pay at final payment day.   DON'T cancel you may loose perks and OBC.       They keep the same reservation number and there is no cancellation fee.

• Like 1

Have to say the other recommendation is true.    I didn't reprice but upgraded a room (paid upgrade).   The price of the RS had dropped to $350 more than my CS.    I was told I would loose my 800 OBC from booking onboard.   I did however keep the perks most important was Free Grats.    Not a problem as for $350 more we get extra perks of 2 Liter bottles of Premium Liquor or Champagne and Unlimited Specialty Dining.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Have to say the other recommendation is true.    I didn't reprice but upgraded a room (paid upgrade).   The price of the RS had dropped to $350 more than my CS.    I was told I would loose my 800 OBC from booking onboard.   I did however keep the perks most important was Free Grats.    Not a problem as for $350 more we get extra perks of 2 Liter bottles of Premium Liquor or Champagne and Unlimited Specialty Dining.  

Yeah, I could have upgraded again after final payment, but they would take away my OBC.  So, the slight increase in price coupled with the loss of OBC was too much for me.  Gotta watch the cost/value of perks.

Sadly, its a game.  I know it frustrates people, me too.  But accept it as a game.  Sometimes you win, sometimes its a draw.  But so long as you are careful, you won't lose... you just might not win.

I chase price drops, changes in cruise planner prices all the time.  Its a hobby.  And I chase cash back offerings from a large variety of sources to pay for my hobby.  🙂

26 minutes ago, shellunderwater said:

Yeah, I could have upgraded again after final payment, but they would take away my OBC.  So, the slight increase in price coupled with the loss of OBC was too much for me.  Gotta watch the cost/value of perks.

Sadly, its a game.  I know it frustrates people, me too.  But accept it as a game.  Sometimes you win, sometimes its a draw.  But so long as you are careful, you won't lose... you just might not win.

I chase price drops, changes in cruise planner prices all the time.  Its a hobby.  And I chase cash back offerings from a large variety of sources to pay for my hobby.  🙂

I agree.    I check prices regularly.  

5 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Thanks for all the insight…I was planning to book a Europe 2025 cruise…but not liking the “Black Friday “ sales so was going to wait..but if I can get a price drop if it does without losing my deposit maybe I will…

I am thinking of booking a transatlantic in 2025 (has a hold on a Sky Suite until tomorrow).  I was wondering the same thing. 

5 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Thanks for all the insight…I was planning to book a Europe 2025 cruise…but not liking the “Black Friday “ sales so was going to wait..but if I can get a price drop if it does without losing my deposit maybe I will…

That is the best way to get the best price.   Book whenever you find a cruise and room you like.   Then check regularly.    I my case I just take a screen shot of the mock booking and send to my agent and ask for him to have my reservation adjusted.    Minutes later he sends me a confirmation with the new price.    

I usually communicate with my agent via e-mail since I'm on the West Coast and if he is away for the evening he would have take care of my request before I'm out of bed.

• Like 1