Jim_Iain Live - 2nd Half World Cruise - B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Jim_Iain

Next up was lunch at 

IMG_0982.thumb.jpeg.5d6b2374a68c43cb793d52c6223fa49c.jpeg

Mertha is a kid at heart and had an American Milk Shake with his meal.   He delivered on his promise to authentic Indonesian Food.   He said it is one of his favorite places.

The total bill for 4 of us was Rp 726,514.23   ($46.74)   -   Must say Xe app was incredible in helping calculate prices.

IMG_0983.thumb.jpeg.94688c87a02220de5de145e0629c7c0b.jpeg

IMG_0984.thumb.jpeg.fe3b35cca09f8f09279cd8d09916677a.jpeg

IMG_0985.thumb.jpeg.0cb6298244eb07911c8405a8f4d285ed.jpeg

IMG_0986.jpeg

IMG_0987.jpeg

IMG_0990.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 16

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The VitaminWater is starting to work but can still feel the dehydration.    I guess it took 7 days to get so dehydrated so will take awhile to re hydrate.

Consider pickle juice. Straight (a few tablespoons) or in water. And/or eat pickles. I’m a cyclist and this works a charm for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Same with me.   I like to sprinkle it on the top of a Dry Cappuccino and get a little crunch.   White sugar just doesn't work.

We here in western Canada have a sugar shortage due to labour action at Rogers Sugar. This is, apparently, confounded worldwide by poor harvest expectations in India, and low harvest actuals in the Philippines. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Whinenowine said:

Jim--I'm no engineer, but...wouldn't a 360 take you right back to where you started (as opposed to a 180).  Sorry I just couldn't resist!  😇

If you don't mind my asking, who's been taking care of you in Luminae? We had Dewa and William back in August and they were great.

We had Dewa and William as well! Edge from Barcelona to Rome in August. Great service, very attentive. We just saw Dharnisha, the petit gal who served bread, etc. on the Ascent this week. It was a very good staff in Luminae for that cruise.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kluv2cruz said:

Consider pickle juice. Straight (a few tablespoons) or in water. And/or eat pickles. I’m a cyclist and this works a charm for me.

i was also going to suggest that.. 

But walking in the heat when a cart is available  must not have helped.

.Hope Jim is  now revived!

Love the photos and your authentic lunch!  Sound like a very good day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Will be interesting.     She may get an ear full if she has a Q&A like her past visit aboard another ship.   Last time -  Not sure if it was just a Photo Op, but she and here executive staff claimed to work alongside staff from the MDR, aL Bacio, the MDR restaurant.

Is this while she takes time off from her stay in the iconic suite.  This type of "visit" does no favors for the other passengers.  Crew are clamoring all over themselves to please the higher ups on board.  Travel incognito. Many years ago I worked in the service industry and there was one particular area that we were really struggling to complete the project on a daily basis.   So, they sent in upper management types to "help" us.  It went downhill from there.  I've owned businesses and have worked at pretty much every level of service.  If you truly listen to the people that are doing the work you will find the answers to the problems.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JackE said:

We had Dewa and William as well! Edge from Barcelona to Rome in August. Great service, very attentive. We just saw Dharnisha, the petit gal who served bread, etc. on the Ascent this week. It was a very good staff in Luminae for that cruise.

Yes indeed!  Made my whole family feel special each meal we ate there.  We were on the Barcelona closed loop, so probably 2 cruises after you.

• Like 2

If Jim or anyone else were to use the QR code or in a direct contact with the Hotel Director were to ask to meet with LHB and entourage it would be interesting to know how that response is received.   

And, thanks to anyone in advance if they do have the opportunity to talk LHB's ear off and not let her claim she doesn't know the business, loves chocolate desserts, or whatever talking point she tries to use.

There's hardly anything that I've read or observed myself about the current state of the guest experience, or concerns that reserved customers have, that seems out of line or unreasonable to convey or be addressed by Celebrity.   

Much ot it's basic stuff.  Like stock enough wine, staff enough housekeepers so they don't always appear like they have been working all day and rooms are made up in a timely manner, staff more food runners, have a real single point of contact and adapt to needs of SS and all Retreat customers, stock sugar, be truthful in advertising and marketing, etc 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Glad you're starting to feel better, Jim.  I travel with Nuun hydration tablets, just in case one of us gets dehydrated.  They don't take up much space in the luggage.  

Your french onion soup a few nights ago looked really good but I didn't see it on the menu.  Is this one of those off the menu things they offer, and if so, can you let me know where I can find a list of them?  The Luminae menus don't always appeal to me. 

Thanks, and I hope they get those items on board when you stop in Sydney.

• Like 1

Out of Sequence- Wednesday Dinner

Day 13 Menu  - they are being swapped around  

image.thumb.jpeg.3e2a41f53e36f04692c352ff8c24f144.jpeg

Amuse-bouche

IMG_0994.jpeg

Roasted Apple & Hearty Green Salad

IMG_0995.jpeg

Seafood Veloute

IMG_0996.jpeg

"Char Siu" - Lamb Chop

IMG_0997.jpeg

Mushroom Pot Pie

IMG_0998.jpeg

Roasted Lamb Loin

IMG_0999.jpeg

IMG_1001.jpeg

New Black Forest Cake

IMG_1002.jpeg

Lemon Mascarpone Cream

IMG_1003.jpeg

Sunday - Vanilla and Milk Chocolate Bailey Ice Cream in a chocolate shell

IMG_1004.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

I'll see if I can find some.    I'm sure they must have it on the ship somewhere.

I'm going on a tour and the boys are going to a Chemist to pick up other things -  I've asked Iain to pick up some Salt Tablets and Electrolyte packets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Jim--I'm no engineer, but...wouldn't a 360 take you right back to where you started (as opposed to a 180).  Sorry I just couldn't resist!  😇

If you don't mind my asking, who's been taking care of you in Luminae? We had Dewa and William back in August and they were great.

Originally the 360 remark was that It started out good on first lunch then went worse on the first two nights.   After shifting to Kumar - Waiter All was restored to perfect.    Kumar was one of our Waiters on Apex in May so we know him  

The problem was that every meal they were giving us different waiters.  

8 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

I agree! I was worried enough about Celebrity that I booked some HAL cruises for 2024 and 2025,  to try another brand. Then the announcement about the mdr menu returning to normal gave me hope that management might be listening to us. But these recent complaints, coming from people on CC that I respect, has left me even more worried than I was!  I cancelled  move up bids off 2 upcoming cruises on the Ascent, figuring right now isn't the time to experience a suite for the first time. 

I've not seen the MDR Menu although it is on the App.    They are rolling out the new Menus in Luminae but Wednesday had items from other nights.   I notice lots of Bass - by all it's names

Also noticing that many of the old items are being prepared differently and have different presentation.

Like you -  I have never had less than 9 cruises booked and after this series will be down to 3.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

We here in western Canada have a sugar shortage due to labour action at Rogers Sugar. This is, apparently, confounded worldwide by poor harvest expectations in India, and low harvest actuals in the Philippines. 

Interesting.    I had not heard of it but just read about it after a google search.

6 hours ago, JackE said:

We have a combination of Dharnisha and Wadzy.    Wadzy is a character and always amuzing.  Her Sister is in Eden and her brother is somewhere on the ship.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hcat said:

i was also going to suggest that.. 

But walking in the heat when a cart is available  must not have helped.

.Hope Jim is  now revived!

Love the photos and your authentic lunch!  Sound like a very good day.

The 1/2 day we had with him was like visiting a good friend.   It was like a good friend picking your up and  taking you out to lunch.    We learned so much just chatting with him and just casually strolling the Cultural Park.   He explained so much about the God, the guards and lots of mythology.

• Like 6