Simply more Drink policy

niehauscr

Reading the info about Simply more, I am simply more confused.  Some places it includes cocktails and others it does not.  If anyone is now cruising on the Simply more program, would you please explain the alcohol policy of the ship.  I understand you can upgrade to a premier package but that is not what I am interested in.  TIA

Confused

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, niehauscr said:

Reading the info about Simply more, I am simply more confused.  Some places it includes cocktails and others it does not.  If anyone is now cruising on the Simply more program, would you please explain the alcohol policy of the ship.  I understand you can upgrade to a premier package but that is not what I am interested in.  TIA

Confused

No cocktails are included with SM, just wine and beer with lunch and dinner. People have talked about the Captain's events which have open bars: New Cruisers, multiple cruisers, and not sure what else. 

The nice parts about upgrading on O, as opposed to some other ships, is that only one person in a cabin/suite can upgrade, and it need not be decided on day one.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, niehauscr said:

I saw the some cocktails were included on a recent review of Oceania. I didn’t notice who the reviewer was.

As noted above, unless you upgrade, the SM package includes only wine and beer at lunch and dinner and only in the dining venues. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

I think so, but we haven't asked for it.

I think there were 3 "bubbly" items by the glass on the SM glass list. I did not try any of them. Found a couple of better than ok whites, one acceptable red on the list.

• Like 1

Just now, niehauscr said:

My husband wants me to ask about the premium drink package, any info is appreciated.  TIA

$30/day pp if you have SM. Can sign up any time during the cruise, both of you do not have to sign up. The $ amount on included drinks is specified, I do not remember. It also includes the tax. If you will have 2 drinks per day it is probably worth it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, niehauscr said:

My husband wants me to ask about the premium drink package, any info is appreciated.  TIA

16 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

$30/day pp if you have SM. Can sign up any time during the cruise, both of you do not have to sign up. The $ amount on included drinks is specified, I do not remember. It also includes the tax. If you will have 2 drinks per day it is probably worth it.

The upgrade includes gratuity.

If one tends to attend the 2 for 1 Happy Hours and takes advantage of the Captain's  and loyalty parties (free booze at both), the cost analysis is different.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SATaxman said:

The $ amount on included drinks is specified, I do not remember.

Not a dollar amount...just from the correct menus..."Bar Menu" and "Martinis Menu" (Waves menu has been included in the past and I would bet it still is). Here is a bad image (sorry) of the offer in September (pre-SM, but the only change is that the House package is now included with SM):

20230622_005825.jpg

20230622_005834.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Champagne is a wine! Included in SM during lunch/dinner in food venues.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank You for this! Champagne is one of a multitude of Sparkling Wines that sometimes appear on the included wine by the glass menu. A sparkling wine is a wine!! Other common sparkling wines, labeled otherwise, are Prosecco, Cava, Cremant, and Sekt. 

If it’s on the “ wine by the glass menu “ it’s included in the SM or Standard drinks package.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cruiserchuck said:

We just disembarked Riviera, and did not have a drink package.  Some nights we saw the drink server walk by many times, but some nights we never saw the drink server in our area.  Would have been a concern if we had a drink package.

This is a big reason why we/I don't cruise with X anymore. Couldn't get served! 

I hope the explanation for your observation has to do with how many drinkers were seated in your area.........hopefully??! Did people look around (frowning!) trying to catch the attention of a wine steward?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

This is a big reason why we/I don't cruise with X anymore. Couldn't get served! 

I hope the explanation for your observation has to do with how many drinkers were seated in your area.........hopefully??! Did people look around (frowning!) trying to catch the attention of a wine steward?

We just got off Vista after 32 days with the standard/SM drink package and never had a problem getting our drinks refilled at any dining venue....where did you observe this?  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BEEZLEE said:

Wondering if the Terrace and Waves are deemed a dining venue and serve wine and beer during lunch and dinner ?

Yes. Absolutely. Of course they are dining venues. I disembarked Vista this morning. Had SM and did not upgrade, so had wine and beer with lunch and dinner in every venue. 

• Like 2