New 'bundled packages' coming?

HogDog

40 minutes ago, HogDog said:

From my online cruise planner for a very future cruise, Equinox in November 2025. Shown with the current drink package offers. Let the conjecturing begin!

IMG_0684.jpeg

If it's a middle tier, i think this ostensibly creates a path for Celebrity to get a few additional dollars from passengers that may not want the premium package and hedge with a middle package, yet without Celebrity having to actually provide more product.  Said differently, to those that purchase good luck getting and identifying  the items that fall between the classic and premium offering.  It may be a lot of work. 

Consumption will be what it is, but the right offerings and access/time seems to be increasingly the gating factor as to whether someone gets their money's worth and comes out even or ahead.  This will just add to confusion pre and post purchase. 

Our own experience is limited, but even with unlimited possibilities when we had the premium package that came with the Retreat we didn't feel we got our money's worth from the drink package.  My wife, child, and myself found ourselves with mixed outcomes with wait times, when ordering, in line at the Cafe Bacios trying to explain blended frozen espresso drinks (the basis for a lot of Starbucks sales), or bars that didn't have our desired spirit.  And, our sailings were not at full capacity and before cutbacks.   

• Thanks 1

We have 3 cruises for 2025 so far.  For the 7 day there aren't any of the Bundled Packages listed.  For the 12 night and 7 night on the Xcel they are listed. The prices are the same for both cruises.

There are 3 Bundled Packages offered for the 7 and 12 night.  The Classic for $118.99 per package, the Deluxe for $198.99 and the Premium $348.99.  When I click on each one it doesn't show any details other than the price already listed.  Interesting that is says "per package" and not "per person".

Celebrity Bundled Packages 12 night.png

Bundled Package Celebrity 7 night.png

1 hour ago, Lolou127 said:

Yes, I’ve got this on my April 2025 cruise, no details of what it is, however I still can’t see any mention of the X pass!!

Ahhh...  the X-Pass.  I purchased the Wi-fi upgrade to two devices which included the X-Pass benefits. Was 50% cheaper than buying the VIP X-Pass.  Now the VIP and the upgrade pass are not available.  Will the new packaged upgrades offer more?  Will my X-pass be honoured?

image.thumb.png.9e4396bae1b4ceb99e2aa29186d4fbb7.png

2 hours ago, kiwichick62 said:

Ahhh...  the X-Pass.  I purchased the Wi-fi upgrade to two devices which included the X-Pass benefits. Was 50% cheaper than buying the VIP X-Pass.  Now the VIP and the upgrade pass are not available.  Will the new packaged upgrades offer more?  Will my X-pass be honoured?

image.thumb.png.9e4396bae1b4ceb99e2aa29186d4fbb7.png

Who knows? I purchased the x-pass for 3 cruises last week but they are no longer available to purchase. I presume they had a limited number to sell and they’re now sold out. 

• Like 2

Makes sense. All Included needs a refresh. Princess and HAL offer a more incremental option which Celebrity will likely match. There’s one thing certain. People will complain no matter what is offered.

X Pass doesn’t go on sale fleet wide until December 1. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Makes sense. All Included needs a refresh. Princess and HAL offer a more incremental option which Celebrity will likely match. There’s one thing certain. People will complain no matter what is offered.

X Pass doesn’t go on sale fleet wide until December 1. 

We are onboard 12/1, so it will be interesting to learn about this pass...thanks for posting this information.  We usually book suites, but do not drink very much, so find this way over-priced now, at least for us.  A special occasion ...sure, I would consider!

On 11/23/2023 at 9:15 AM, paulh84 said:

Makes sense. All Included needs a refresh. Princess and HAL offer a more incremental option which Celebrity will likely match.

The lower tier on Princess is equal to the Premium on Celebrity. The tiers on HAL are more inline with Celebrity, but only a $5 a day difference, and at $60 for the upper tier is way below Celebrity's usual pricing. The AI/Have it all pricing is much more attractive on Princess and HAL, although it is not as inexpensive as it used to be.

• Like 4

Just now, RedIguana said:

The lower tier on Princess is equal to the Premium on Celebrity. The tiers on HAL are more inline with Celebrity, but only a $5 a day difference, and at $60 for the upper tier is way below Celebrity's usual pricing. The AI/Have it all pricing is much more attractive on Princess and HAL, although it is not as inexpensive as it used to be.

This. I'm on my first Princess cruise right now and sailed my first HAL back in May. While X is my favorite line, their AI package is noticably worse (for the price) than Princess or HAL. One thing I really like about Princess, other than drinks like Grey Goose included in the bottom tier, is that there is only one class of wifi. So no useless wifi in the bottom tier. I'm.able to stream whatever I want, check on my cameras, etc...all.on the bottom AI tier.

And HAL also has club orange which is simply amazing and more than pays for itself with the room upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

Since it’s “per package” pricing it might be a something like a single specialty restaurant, plus a single martini, plus a single room service breakfast. - Something along those lines, all bundled up. Maybe to entice those who are normally ‘room only’ cruisers. It would have to involve alcohol or gambling given that 18+ is mentioned. Only showing on my Jan 2025 sailing not on 2024 sailing.