OBC vs Folio CC

KillerSnake

Where in the App or On-Line account do I make the setting to use any and all OBC first before ever going to the CC on file?

Between Military, booking credit and other special credit given by PCL, I have more than enough to cover what we plan on

doing board (2 x SD for two) and a basic "gift shop" purchase for the coffee mug, fridge magnate, t-shirt and water bottle

collection.

You don't make that decision. It's automatic. The OBC is posted to your on board account(s) as a credit. The on board accounting system nets any on board expense as it occurs against the credit balance. It uses non refundable first then refundable. If you are a couple linked to the same credit card each will have an on board account and there will also be a summary account. 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2023 at 4:47 PM, skynight said:

You don't make that decision. It's automatic. The OBC is posted to your on board account(s) as a credit. The on board accounting system nets any on board expense as it occurs against the credit balance. It uses non refundable first then refundable. If you are a couple linked to the same credit card each will have an on board account and there will also be a summary account. 

If it is automatic, why do I have to have a CC on file to make an SD reservation pre-cruise? Neither the App or the WEb version will let me without charging a CC.

I am not going to put my CC in the system and risk hackers getting into the system and get it until we get on board.

1 hour ago, KillerSnake said:

If it is automatic, why do I have to have a CC on file to make an SD reservation pre-cruise? Neither the App or the WEb version will let me without charging a CC.

I am not going to put my CC in the system and risk hackers getting into the system and get it until we get on board.

Not sure how that works...if your card is compromised, there is zero liability for you.  A little inconvenience while you wait for a new card. but you are not out any $$.  And, how will you avoid those hackers once you actually enter your CC info into their system  once you are onboard?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KillerSnake said:

The ONLY thing you can use OBC for pre-cruise is to book Princess excursions.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thinfool said:

Not sure how that works...if your card is compromised, there is zero liability for you.  A little inconvenience while you wait for a new card. but you are not out any $$.  And, how will you avoid those hackers once you actually enter your CC info into their system  once you are onboard?

Can't avoid the 100% of the time. But the risk is higher by letting the CC info sit in the system for the next year before the cruise.  I will be using a Pre-Paid card once we get on board. We are not doing any PCL excursions as we are doing the International Volkssport Verband guided walks in each port. The cost is only $5USD, and is basically that same as the $100USD walks offered by PCL. Only takes about 2-3 hrs and gets us back on board well before the plank is pulled up.

16 minutes ago, KillerSnake said:

That does me no good. I just want to be able to reserve one night at Sabatini's for our anniversary.

The first day on board call the dining line or maybe visit Sabatini's to see what reservation days & times are available. The charge, $35/pp, will be posted to your on board account and net against any OBC. As previously mentioned the system uses non refundable OBC first and then refundable. It's automatic. There is nothing you have to do. 

If your wish is to reserve a specific day and time then you will have to pre-book. Pre-booking requires pre-payment using your credit card. That's the way Princess has the system arranged.