Hotels in miami

genny049

What do you consider reasonably priced to be?  It would give people a staring point.  I personally haven’t stayed at one with a shuttle but I sure they are out there. 

You might want to check the departure ports of call pages too.  There might be better info there to help you. 

• Like 1

We found a Holiday Inn with a cruise shuttle for just under $300 a night per room (we needed two) for our cruise in mid-December. Keep in mind when looking for Miami hotel's near the port and downtown they are going to be more expensive than hotel's by the airport. The prices will also fluctuate with the time of year, ours is near a holiday so I knew it would get pricey. 

As A&L pointed out and I agree, what is a "reasonable" price for you and your group? Do your research and be open minded to Uber also, if you can find a budget hotel by the airport, you might be able to Uber to the port for less than a night downtown also. 

Good luck on your research! 

4 hours ago, genny049 said:

Need a reasonable priced hotel with shuttle to cruise port

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell and enjoyed it very much.  It is in the financial district so it s a very safe and clear area within walking distance to shops and restaurants.

The morning of the cruise we took their shuttle for a small fee.  (this was several years ago)

• Like 1

The ones mentioned above are nice but can be a little pricy. We found the Yve hotel to be reasonable, a very short ride to the port ( you can see the ships from your rooms), right across from the Bayside marketplace which is a cool spot to walk around, do some shopping and eat. And the hotel had a small bar for breakfast before you leave. What we did find was that an Uber or cab was a little cheaper and easier than a shuttle from there. 

Doesn’t matter how close you are really haha. You’ll still be in cruise port traffic for an hour. That cruise port is crazy. 

We had a LOVELY time staying at The Gabriel. It’s like…RIGHT there and they have an amazing roof/terrace pool and some great views of the port and ships. We watched the Virgin Ship leave port from the balcony and it was really amazing. 

Definitely pricey so we used HHonors points. Worth it. 

• Like 1

I've stayed at a couple that had shuttles, Holiday Inn Port of Miami, and YVE. The shuttles weren't free though. It was quicker and cheaper to use Uber or Lyft. 

Like others have said, what do you consider reasonable and what time of year?  Prices can fluctuate by a lot. 

Edited by dcgrumpy

SAS Transportation has shuttles that pick up from FLL and also a fairly long list of Fort Lauderdale hotels (but no Miami hotels). They charge $15 per person each way. It might be more reasonable to stay in Fort Lauderdale and use SAS. I believe flights to FLL are also less than Miami.  

On 11/27/2023 at 10:16 AM, Awjeez317 said:

Doesn’t matter how close you are really haha. You’ll still be in cruise port traffic for an hour. That cruise port is crazy. 

We had a LOVELY time staying at The Gabriel. It’s like…RIGHT there and they have an amazing roof/terrace pool and some great views of the port and ships. We watched the Virgin Ship leave port from the balcony and it was really amazing. 

I opened this thread to ask about the Gabriel. Thank you for saving me the time!!

On 11/27/2023 at 6:20 AM, GTO-Girl said:

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell and enjoyed it very much.  It is in the financial district so it s a very safe and clear area within walking distance to shops and restaurants.

The morning of the cruise we took their shuttle for a small fee.  (this was several years ago)

On 11/27/2023 at 8:51 AM, loman said:

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Downtown

This one is highly rated , but dont know about a shuttle. 

Free breakfast though .

On 11/27/2023 at 6:55 AM, Eddie Wilson said:

Stayed at Hampton in Brickell several times.  

Edited by LHC Kirby

On 11/27/2023 at 9:16 AM, Awjeez317 said:

Thanks for this helpful review of the Gabriel. I've been considering them for a pre-cruise stay next November, and I haven't found anyone else mention them yet. Did you use the complementary shuttle/chair/umbrella service to their South Beach location, by any chance? Since I've never been to Miami, it feels like I should at least experience South Beach! 😄

On 12/6/2023 at 6:06 PM, agp_mzk said:

Thanks for this helpful review of the Gabriel. I've been considering them for a pre-cruise stay next November, and I haven't found anyone else mention them yet. Did you use the complementary shuttle/chair/umbrella service to their South Beach location, by any chance? Since I've never been to Miami, it feels like I should at least experience South Beach! 😄

We didn’t actually go for the shuttle to the South Beach location because we had been there and arrived later in the day. But I will say that you are right…if you’ve never been to south beach and you have the time you should definitely go. People watching is pretty amazing and there are some amazing restaurants if you’re looking for a nice dinner place. 

• Like 1