odd stuff on the Celebration - even though she is pretty ship.

Oceansaway17

just off the ship and I was so surprised that there are NO flavored tea bags in buffet area.  If you want something at breakfast time, they come around and for a fee will provide some flavored tea bags.  

Wow this was unexpected and very cheap thinking from Carnival. I go on all the other lines and lots of variety in tea is always to be had. 

Oh, and while walking around the ship, you won't find trash cans except at coffee stations, and in the bathroom stalls.   I mean really.

One more thing, I could hear conversations coming out of my shower drain and vent.  But ship had one of the best cruise directer ever named Lee from UK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Oh, and while walking around the ship, you won't find trash cans except at coffee stations, and in the bathroom stalls.   I mean really.

One more thing, I could hear conversations coming out of my shower drain and vent.  But ship had one of the best cruise directer ever named Lee from UK.

Funny coincidence - we were on Celebration last week and had both of these conversations. 

We actually have a tough time finding trash cans on ANY Carnival ship.  We were wondering why.

And we also noticed that although our cabin was super quiet, the one time we could hear other people was in our bathroom.  I caught a cold on the ship and I would try so hard not to cough when I was in the bathroom (afraid I'd disturb other people ... if I could hear them talking, they would certainly hear me coughing!). 

Oh and one other thing (not new, it's been mentioned here before especially in regard to Mardi Gras) my curling iron didn't work on the ship.  It would power on but only got slightly warm, never hot enough to use. I knew that from before, but had forgotten.

Edited by csm5986142

The reason they don't have trash cans is because for environmental reasons all of the trash has to be sorted into various groups such as paper, plastic, food etc.  So it's easier for the crew to pick up items from the tables or wherever and sort it themselves rather than having to dig through trash to sort it.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

just off the ship and I was so surprised that there are NO flavored tea bags in buffet area.  If you want something at breakfast time, they come around and for a fee will provide some flavored tea bags.  

Wow this was unexpected and very cheap thinking from Carnival. I go on all the other lines and lots of variety in tea is always to be had. 

The tea cases started to be emptied every morning of every flavor except the regular and green tea types.  Problem solved. 

14 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We also heard conversations from the shower. The man sneezed and I yelled “Bless you!”.  No response, but it was probably a little creepy for them. 

I can honestly say I have never heard conversations in the shower….

• Like 3

I’m surprised you have seen trash cans on other lines. I remember one of my sisters carrying around a paper coffee cup for an age on her first cruise because she wouldn’t believe the two of us who had sailed before that she just needed to set it on a table somewhere. This was on Princess and up to that point, I had never sailed Carnival. Only Princess, Disney and NCL.

20 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

It was a first for us in over 90 cruises.  We couldn’t tell if it was coming from the drain or the overhead vent, though the vent would make more sense. It was clear enough that we heard him ask her why she bought something and how much did it cost. 

I believe you… the drain talking kind of sounds like a Stephen King novel….

• Haha 1