Just off Infinity

tony s

We just got off Infinity. It was our fifth and last with Celebrity. Besides canceling one day at Porto and shortening da 2 despite being aware weeks earlier of a pilot strike, poor food and customer service we had health issues that were covered up until the morning we were leaving as evidenced by attached letter. This was 4 days after crew and guests were sick. I will detail in my review. For those going beware 

IMG_0003.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Sorry to hear this. We disembarked Infinity on 18th November. Our stop in Porto was also cancelled due to the port pilot strike. We had a stop in Cartagena instead. 
We boarded this cruise with fairly low expectations, after reading some critical reviews, however we got an aqua class cabin for a great price. We were last on Infinity in May 2019, when we thought she looked a little tired. 
We were surprised how well maintained the ship was and the crew were outstanding. Unfortunately there were often long waits for Blu.  The hostess said this was due to passengers arriving for dinner at 5.30pm and still occupying the tables after 8pm. It was also difficult at times to get a table in the Ocean View due to passengers occupying tables for long periods  and chatting who were not eating. 
we wouldn’t hesitate to sail on Infinity, and am sorry you had a different experience. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2023 at 10:57 AM, tony s said:

We just got off Infinity. It was our fifth and last with Celebrity. Besides canceling one day at Porto and shortening da 2 despite being aware weeks earlier of a pilot strike, poor food and customer service we had health issues that were covered up until the morning we were leaving as evidenced by attached letter. This was 4 days after crew and guests were sick. I will detail in my review. For those going beware 

IMG_0003.jpeg

You are upset with Celebrity but believe me this can (and Does) happen on other cruise lines ships.

Frends just got off a P-----s ship with No mention of Covid and both had it.

I hope you are more satisfied with whatever cruise line you travel with in the future.

On 11/29/2023 at 7:09 PM, barneyboy said:

Sorry to hear this. We disembarked Infinity on 18th November. Our stop in Porto was also cancelled due to the port pilot strike. We had a stop in Cartagena instead. 
We boarded this cruise with fairly low expectations, after reading some critical reviews, however we got an aqua class cabin for a great price. We were last on Infinity in May 2019, when we thought she looked a little tired. 
We were surprised how well maintained the ship was and the crew were outstanding. Unfortunately there were often long waits for Blu.  The hostess said this was due to passengers arriving for dinner at 5.30pm and still occupying the tables after 8pm. It was also difficult at times to get a table in the Ocean View due to passengers occupying tables for long periods  and chatting who were not eating. 
we wouldn’t hesitate to sail on Infinity, and am sorry you had a different experience. 

Did they offer buzzers in Blu because of the long waits? Which deck was your cabin on in Aqua? TIA.

On 11/29/2023 at 1:57 PM, tony s said:

IMG_0003.jpeg

You had a bad experience, but try the Edge Class ships and S class ships.  We had a horrible experience on Disney Cruise line.  Norovirus.  My DH got horribly sick for days.  When you have a small city on a ship, people do get sick.  But you cannot fault the cruise line.  On our last cruise, many people were coughing and appeared sick.  We take precautions.  We are up to date on our vaccinations.  But you can get sick in any public place.  We still shop in supermarkets and the mall.

6 hours ago, villauk said:

Did they offer buzzers in Blu because of the long waits? Which deck was your cabin on in Aqua? TIA.

Yes we got buzzers and waited in Cellar Masters until a table became available. 
We were on deck 11 which we liked although there was some noise from the movies running on the Rooftop Terrace. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, barneyboy said:

Yes we got buzzers and waited in Cellar Masters until a table became available. 
We were on deck 11 which we liked although there was some noise from the movies running on the Rooftop Terrace. 

Thank you. We’re on deck 11 too. Did you think the cabins looked tired? I was hoping that they’d look a little fresher, being added after all the other cabins.

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Thank you. We’re on deck 11 too. Did you think the cabins looked tired? I was hoping that they’d look a little fresher, being added after all the other cabins.

The carpets and curtains looked newer, in a greyish design but the sofa was the old orange colour and looked a bit worn. The shower had a door and not a curtain with it being one of the newer cabins. 

• Thanks 1