Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

One of the ceiling panels out of a restroom or the outdoor portion of the WJ

I'm going with outdoor portion of WJ.  Or from the outside promenade deck.

"Dirty, moldy & wet" so I doubt is was from inside.  The real clue is on post# 2022,  "dragged in".

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The Captain changed the itinerary, flip flopped it. If he does go back to the Falkland Island later, that just means they have to go through Drakes Passage again which may not be good idea.

We were always going to go through the Drake Passage twice -- originally, once from the Falklands and then to our Antarctic destinations and then back north to Ushuaia.  Now, we're going to the Antarctic first and then back north to the Falklands and then to Ushuaia.  Most itineraries like this one do go through the Drake Passage twice.  It's not unusual. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

One of the ceiling panels out of a restroom or the outdoor portion of the WJ

Nope...but close enough.  😉  

Was standing on deck 12 near the exit doors/elevators, when an engineer and 3 of his maint. guys came in near Adventure Ocean.  I had heard a clattering noise a few minutes earlier, but did not realize they had dragged that panel in from outside.  He was calling the bridge to tell them a section of ceiling was falling down from outside.  Since I couldn't go out the door, no real idea where the section was.  Yikes.  

We are taking a beating...but not really that bad yet.  Getting my sea legs I guess.  😉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, orville99 said:

How many new pins were added since you started?

Just one couple...which was today.  Everyone that advances on the ship to the next level, gets that level designation and the perks that come with it immediately.  I thought that was a nice gesture for the ship to do that.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

One of the main reasons why we moved to Florida - no snow🥶

Glutton for punishment. Especially since I no longer ski (2020). ❄️

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

You win!!  😄 😄 

I'm going to give the win to mother nature. Within 5 minutes of finishing up it started snowing again.  ❄️ Time for a beer. 🍺

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Gluten for punishment. Especially since I no longer ski (2020). ❄️

Bummer....as it is with us.   We used to go "out west" I called it...to snow ski every year.  Loved it.  Have since given away the skis, roller blades, etc.  Brittle old bones.   😞 

We both have a bum shoulder, so I really should get rid of the tennis equipment as well I suppose, though we did get rid of the golf clubs.  Frustrating for sure, since we have beautiful tennis courts and a top notch golf course in our community.  

Sooo...guess we just have to cruise more to make up for it.  😄 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, doghog said:

I'm going to give the win to mother nature. Within 5 minutes of finishing up it started snowing again.  ❄️ Time for a beer. 🍺

Ok...now your on the right track!  😄 

Captain at his meeting this afternoon did mention we will see snow soon.  But no shoveling required.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, pstone1 said:

We also saw some Guanacos, which look somewhat like llamas!

IMG_0749.jpeg

IMG_0710.jpeg

IMG_0747.jpeg

Thank you Paula for posting these photos. We are enjoining following along with everyone.  Looking forward to seeing more when you have the time.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, island lady said:

So, guys...a rare look at the women's restroom on deck 13.  Something I did not notice before...

Doors to the stalls are numbered.  I guess this one is for using for #1...and this one for  #2.  😄  

Now that's funny. Thanks for the "behind" the scene report. 😂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, doghog said:

One of the two things I no longer have to shovel since we moved to Florida and retired😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

He was calling the bridge to tell them a section of ceiling was falling down from outside

I guess the bandaids and spit they used to fix everything when we were on her in November isn’t holding up well😱

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bummer....as it is with us.   We used to go "out west" I called it...to snow ski every year.  Loved it.  Have since given away the skis, roller blades, etc.  Brittle old bones.   😞 

We both have a bum shoulder, so I really should get rid of the tennis equipment as well I suppose, though we did get rid of the golf clubs.  Frustrating for sure, since we have beautiful tennis courts and a top notch golf course in our community.  

Sooo...guess we just have to cruise more to make up for it.  😄 

Now that I reread what I posted, should be glutton, DUH!! 

I've been skiing forever. Started getting bad before covid but after covid the resorts jacked the prices up and waaaaay to many people and other issues associated with it. Not worth it anymore. Even during the week. Sold the last of my ski equipment this fall. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Has the tik tok blogger denied boarding in Brazil reboarded yet? There was a story online about him.

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

This sounds interesting.

Ridiculously overblown.

The poster knew about it in advance, and it had to do with Brazillian immigration. Saw him on pier in Rio. He's back on ship now

FWIW, he wanted to spend extra time in Rio, his choice 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I guess the bandaids and spit they used to fix everything when we were on her in November isn’t holding up well😱

To be fair, ceiling panels were falling on Quantum on it's maiden voyage (8-night non-stop, except for a med evac at Ponta Delgada, TA).  😱

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Here is an interesting question given how this has taken and one can assume generated the media buzz they wanted it to generate do we think Royal could and would use a larger ship for a future ultimate world cruise like Anthem or Ovation or name your big ship within reason assuming ship would fit into ports

The captain said an old Ferrari handles this trip better than a new Buick

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

The ship is only about half full and as far as I know, not a single segment (or mini segment) is even close to being sold out. Add to that fact, the reality that the ship is nowhere near in quality as any of the existing ships (including RCL's own Silversea brand) that do annual world cruises at approximately the same cost per night.

Depends on how you count full. But way more than half

At double occupancy she holds 2000. We are at 1600. Royal told us months ago they were keeping occupancy at no more than 1800

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Stay safe!  We like rocking and rolling to a point.  When I start to feel like I’m going to roll off the bed it starts to bother me a little. 

My cabin is near forward elevators and is much smoother than John's at the bow

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Captain going to find out soon who the real sailors onboard are?

I would guess tomorrow morning around the ship will be a ghost town.😉

Huh, I have a pedicure at 9am

Spa on 11, above Bridge 

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Denversail said:

I think it is obvious from his responses that he doesn’t mean it that way. Honestly it just kind of feels like bullying at this point. IMO

I’ve very much enjoyed your updates on your world cruise. I’m looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip. Thank you for starting and keeping this thread going. 

Curious who will keep it going once Pat leaves in LA.

Just rumors and innuendo found on Tik Tok and shared here, I guess.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CSHS1979 said:

Curious who will keep it going once Pat leaves in LA.

Just rumors and innuendo found on Tik Tok and shared here, I guess.

You can use your WC connection to get the inside information to post.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Huh, I have a pedicure at 9am

Spa on 11, above Bridge 

Cool, you will have a good view as to what is going on, Please take plenty of pictures. 🙂