LIBRARY ON VISTA.A READERS DELIGHT ?

Acrusa

A couple comments about the Vista Library .

1.  On sea days, it can be the worst place for chair hogs on the ship . Far surpassing the pool deck. I believe they should allocate one area to a thirty minute time limit. Let people come, browse, look at reference materials, and have a place to sit. The readers, nappers; etc, can have the other sections.

2. They only had travel reference materials on where the Vista is cruising. Since the Vista will do the 26 ATW, I suppose that section will increase, but wish they had more resources now.

3. It is a nicely laid out facility. Nice to use.

In an early review of Vista, I found this mention of the library:  

"Happily, I found my own shipboard zen for no additional fee in Vista’s impressively curated library, spanning several small rooms with cozy nooks for settling in alongside hundreds of loaner tomes that ranged from self-help books and murder mysteries to classics like Don Quixote and an impressive travel section that only served to further stoke my wanderlust."

if you are interested, the full article:

https://www.afar.com/magazine/review-a-first-look-at-oceanias-new-vista-cruise-ship

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrsSheba said:

We loved the Vista library, also.  What changes are they making for the Allura library?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know...I just looked at the Deck Plan for Allura and the library appears to be exactly the same as on Vista...we loved it on Vista

Edited by basor

2 hours ago, Wheelhouse said:

My wife can't stop talking about the Vista library and is very disappointed that it will be severely changed for our '25 cruise on Allura.  

Can you post a link  with the changes to Allura library?

Lyn, it was told to me by the TA who booked my Allura cruise.  He was on our Vista cruise.  The library will be relocated to the area adjacent to the Lync Digital Center starboard forward on Deck 14. This shift is designed to make way for a Creperie and Gelatoria.  

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Wheelhouse said:

Lyn, it was told to me by the TA who booked my Allura cruise.  He was on our Vista cruise.  The library will be relocated to the area adjacent to the Lync Digital Center starboard forward on Deck 14. This shift is designed to make way for a Creperie and Gelatoria.  

Sounds yummy - not on the deck plans ....will have to wait and see the unveiling

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wheelhouse said:

OMG  more food  to try

I did not manage to try all the things on Vista  😁

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

@LHT28 are there still board games/puzzles on Vista? I don't see a game room on the deck plans.

Yes - they were in the Lync digital room between the Internet room and the smoking room on Deck 14.  Lots of games and puzzles and tables to use.....

10 minutes ago, basor said:

Yes - they were in the Lync digital room between the Internet room and the smoking room on Deck 14.  Lots of games and puzzles and tables to use.....

Thanks! Uh, oh...that sounds like the space where the creperie may be going on Allura if rumors are true.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Thanks! Uh, oh...that sounds like the space where the creperie may be going on Allura if rumors are true.

I think they were saying that is where the library is going and the new creperie is going where the library is on Vista, next to Barristas.  It would not make sense to have an eating spot tucked away on Deck 14...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

My 2¢ on shipboard libraries:

• A borrowed dead tree edition means I'm 2 chapters short of whodunit upon debarkation.

• Give me an ebook and a comfy spot to read.  ...cookies, tea and a charging spot are a plus.

I always thought ones cabin was

” a comfy spot to read”. Also to sleep in. Not sure why people believe the library is their spare bedroom for naps! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

” a comfy spot to read”. Also to sleep in. Not sure why people believe the library is their spare bedroom for naps! 🙄

I've never found cabin furniture on any line really "comfy" for reading.  Which might explain but not excuse the snores heard in the library.  😖

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

maybe  from Oceania 🙂

image.thumb.png.43d32474e8f383b5455001ee72b22218.png