Question: Are Majestic Princess Lido deck cabins noisy?

KruzPrincess

I’m going to book a cruise on the Majestic Princess for next year. I usually book cabins midship to aft, but my friend really likes Lido deck forward cabins. I have some concern about noise from the Hollywood Conservatory above. We will be booking a mini suite on the side, not a forward cabin. Has anyone stayed in these cabins? Was it noisy from moving deck chairs, etc. ? Thanks in advance. 

Not noisy at all.  I love the location myself and have booked numerous cabins in this location.  The ease of access to the lido deck and the buffet and bars is ideal. I also find it easier to get an elevator to the ships activities from this location.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

Not noisy at all.  I love the location myself and have booked numerous cabins in this location.  The ease of access to the lido deck and the buffet and bars is ideal. I also find it easier to get an elevator to the ships activities from this location.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. 

• Like 1

The Hollywood Conservatory is generally very quiet.  I would have no qualms about booking one of those cabins.  

Oh, and that noodle bar!  I’d be there all the time if I had a room in that location.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Thanks 1

Not the Majestic, but we had a balcony cabin on Enchanted that was 3 rooms down from the Trident Grill on Lido deck.  It was perfect.  Loved the easy access to everything.  When a deck party was ongoing, you could hear the singing from our balcony, but it was not overpowering and never an issue in our room.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My only thing would be a cabin that high and that far forward....

MoTioN.....  This might be where you would feel any motion the most.

We had to move to a cabin on Deck 15 forward (REGAL) as our son was able to join us, and by then the availability was limited.  Some high winds on that cruise...  Deck 17 closed.. et.  Whoa!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

The Hollywood Conservatory is generally very quiet.  I would have no qualms about booking one of those cabins.  

Oh, and that noodle bar!  I’d be there all the time if I had a room in that location.  

Thank you. Honestly, I’m a little worried about being that close to the noodle bar!! I appreciate your response. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

Not the Majestic, but we had a balcony cabin on Enchanted that was 3 rooms down from the Trident Grill on Lido deck.  It was perfect.  Loved the easy access to everything.  When a deck party was ongoing, you could hear the singing from our balcony, but it was not overpowering and never an issue in our room.

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

My only thing would be a cabin that high and that far forward....

MoTioN.....  This might be where you would feel any motion the most.

We had to move to a cabin on Deck 15 forward (REGAL) as our son was able to join us, and by then the availability was limited.  Some high winds on that cruise...  Deck 17 closed.. et.  Whoa!

Thanks for responding. No worries. We love motion. 

I agree with the comment about motion. In a balcony cabin at the very front, I actually got seasick on an Alaska cruise out of Seattle. The cruise before (this was a B2B) we were just a few cabins back on Lido and it made a huge difference. But we love that location, and, yes, the noodle bar might have a little something to do with it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I agree with the comment about motion. In a balcony cabin at the very front, I actually got seasick on an Alaska cruise out of Seattle. The cruise before (this was a B2B) we were just a few cabins back on Lido and it made a huge difference. But we love that location, and, yes, the noodle bar might have a little something to do with it. 

I have had forward cabins before and my friend loves the location, so I think we’ll be okay. Mostly I was worried about noise, but everyone has made me feel better about that. 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m readdressing my original question because I was just reading the Majestic live thread that’s currently circulating. In that thread it says they have a late night party in the Hollywood Pool area and the sound is deafening. Previously everything I read said that the Hollywood Pool area is pretty quiet at night. I’m looking for people who have been in a Lido mini recently. What was your experience with noise?