How many bags of laundry should I purchase?

NMTraveller

11 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I did order the laundry wash and press package.  It is a bit more.  In the description they say that I can fill up a bag.

That's not one I've used, so that sounds better. I've only used the Elite bag service which is a free, wash and fold service. If they press and return on a hanger, that could be a good deal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

What happens if you turn your laundry in too late 🙂  Do they tell you no more laundry or ... 🤣🤣🤣

You pick it up on the next cruise.  Asking for a friend 🤣

I would assume that there is some last day that you can turn laundry in and they will get it back to you on the last day?

Your room steward is the one who picks up the laundry bag and will either tell you it’s too late or make sure it’s ok.

Had one fellow cruiser tell us their steward brought back their laundry and told them the laundry said it was too late and was too chancy. They were mad but I told them the steward and laundry staff were properly taking care of them and we’d all been told what was the last day and they had tried the day after. For some reason they didn’t appreciate my comment. It’s always the fault of some staff. 

realize not only does it take time to launder and insure it’s done prior to packing day, the facility has a Huge job at the end with all the bedding and much other coming in at once. They obviously have enough stuff to immediately make up rooms but they need to process all the incoming. 

den

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2023 at 9:52 PM, mrgabriel said:

How much are you planning to pack? We pack for 5-7 days and would do laundry once, maybe twice in 12 days. But plenty of people pack enough that they have no need to do laundry. 

What is the charge per bag?  How do you pre order the bag?  Is this option offered throughout the cruise?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, cmh said:

What is the charge per bag?  How do you pre order the bag?  Is this option offered throughout the cruise?

You can pre purchase via the website: manage reservation/ gifts and gear. Price may vary  but here’s the prices for 1 of my upcoming cruisesIMG_4699.thumb.png.172e1e685b612a61920a020a71b46a47.png. The “back home” package is 3 bags worth, so a good buy. 

Edited by StopTheWorld

Keep in mind that when sending out laundry it will go in with a large load that contains bags from many others. The machines are huge.  It will also be washed in hot water and dried hot.   So if it’s anything that shrinks BEWARE.  They do not pay any attention to your little notes. Something’s are best washed in your own sink. 

I think we get 2 bags with E +.

We use one for undies,socks white tees  Second one for casuals we can afford to lose . We hand wash swim suits and delicates in the sink..drip dry in shower!

no issues,  no losses..but they do use very HOT WATER.. and  big commercial dryers....no drip dry option.

1 hour ago, StopTheWorld said:

You can pre purchase via the website: manage reservation/ gifts and gear. Price may vary  but here’s the prices for 1 of my upcoming cruisesIMG_4699.thumb.png.172e1e685b612a61920a020a71b46a47.png. The “back home” package is 3 bags worth, so a good buy. 

crazy prices..use the sink!