Status Match

Susanb10567

I just booked my first Virgin Cruise…very excited but it isn’t until December…I applied for a status match since we are elite on Celebrity…do they contact you in any way to say you have been approved for the deep blue extras..is it noted in your app anywhere…don’t want to miss out on the perks…

thanks

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

do they contact you in any way to say you have been approved for the deep blue extras

Yes, you will get an email....and then you will see Deep Blue Extras added to your booking online, and on the app.

For the app, click on "me" and then "Add-ons"

IMG_6B2968A364EE-1.thumb.jpeg.be9fb952588fc6073ef21705d92b302b.jpeg

Edited by CineGraphic

Exactly as above--you should get an email that your status match has been approved.  THen go to your on line account and you should see "Deep Blue Extras" and a $100 additional bar tab added to your "add ons."  DBE used to include a bottle of bubbly, but due to customer feedback, it was changed to a $100 bar tab (in addition to any bar tab you already have).  Also, if you purchase any additional bar tab, you should get a $100 bonus rather than the standard $50 bonus.  You do not get bonus on a bar tab that is a perk as part of your booking, only on one that you pay for.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 8:36 PM, WanderingBrit said:

It’s December now 😎

I wish it was this December ….

i got the email for my Deep Blue extras, however I don’t see anything in the Ap. How long does it usually take to appear there…also my $300 bar tab from the booking promo is not in my ap either.🤷‍♀️

My DBEs never did show up in the app prior to my first cruise after receiving my status match. I took my status match confirmation email to the port on the day of embarkation only to discover all was in order and I received my early boarding bracelet and was allowed to board early. All of the deep blue extras were on my portfolio. with that said VV may be more on top of your status match then they were last January.

Mine didn't initially appear, but that could have been because we were on Brilliant Lady and that booking was never entirely solid on the app - the ship didn't exist yet. Once we were transferred to Valiant things got a little better, and the DBE actually showed up when something changed on the reservation - I transferred it to a First Mate (Travel Agent) and that got me loot.

Might be worth firing up the online chat and just asking Sailor Services?

30 minutes ago, WanderingBrit said:

Might be worth firing up the online chat and just asking Sailor Services?

I called Sailor Services before my first three cruises to confirm or reconfirm my Sea Rover. Status They always told me “you don’t have Sea Rover status” even after my 3rd cruises. But I always had Sea Rover status at the terminal. This caused me some distress prior to my first 3 cruises. My DBEs finally started showing up on the app between cruise number 3 and 4. Go figure. 

My advice to susanb is: ‘don’t let your heart by troubled’. You have your status match email so you should be good to go next December. Whip out this confirmation email at the terminal if you aren’t offered your pre boarding bracelet. I’m very confident you will be on the list. I find on shore Sailor Services to be a mixed bag. 

And Don’t forget to take every red item in your closet for Scarlet Night 😃

• Like 1

Does anyone have an estimate of how long it takes to get that confirmation email?

I applied last year but didn't have a 2023 sailing.  I now have two 2024 sailings, so reapplied last week.  I don't sail until April, but since we have to apply by the end of the year, I'm hoping I get a reply soon.  I don't want to forget about this with all the other things going on this month.

I just checked my bookings and I see the Bonus $100 bar tab, a bottle of bubbly and Deep Blue Extras (with no detail of what that includes).  So it seems I've been approved although I haven't received an email. 

4 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Does anyone have an estimate of how long it takes to get that confirmation email?

I applied last year but didn't have a 2023 sailing.  I now have two 2024 sailings, so reapplied last week.  I don't sail until April, but since we have to apply by the end of the year, I'm hoping I get a reply soon.  I don't want to forget about this with all the other things going on this month.

I just checked my bookings and I see the Bonus $100 bar tab, a bottle of bubbly and Deep Blue Extras (with no detail of what that includes).  So it seems I've been approved although I haven't received an email. 

The web site says a week.  Mine took about 3 days.  Take a screen shot of your "add ons" just in case they don't "have you on the list" when you get to the terminal.  They can be really wierd depending on who is working!

On 12/8/2023 at 3:41 PM, NCTribeFan said:

Check your spam 

I got an email yesterday saying I was already a Sea Rover.  I'm guessing they had my first application on file (even though I didn't qualify at that time because I didn't have a 2023 booking), and they automatically applied it to my 2024 bookings.

• Like 1

I tried to submit my status match yesterday and today however when I hit submit it spins then returns to the submission screen with my info? Doesn’t give me a confirmation that it was submitted. I hate to keep trying to resubmit. Does anyone know how this is supposed to work? Did you get a “thank you for submitting”?

20 minutes ago, jmoak said:

I tried to submit my status match yesterday and today however when I hit submit it spins then returns to the submission screen with my info? Doesn’t give me a confirmation that it was submitted. I hate to keep trying to resubmit. Does anyone know how this is supposed to work? Did you get a “thank you for submitting”?

It is supposed to work so that if you submit it with a booking number attached, it gives you a "thank you" message.  THen, in 1-7 days, you get an email that you are approved.  Good luck!  The only suggestion I have is to call Sailor Services and ask to speak to IT.

For those of you who did get confirmation of DBE but the perks are not showing in the app, if you used a travel advisor, ask them to go into your booking and print or screenshot the confirmation document. Assuming it says you have the DBE, keep a copy with you when you board to show Sailor Services if you need to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Brand new to Virgin, trying to learn everything! My husband and I both did the status match for our Jan 27th sailing.  Are the DBE per person or per stateroom? Or, in other words, do each of us get the $10 coffee credit/wifi/laundry/$100 bar tab credit?

Per cabin 

1 hour ago, -The-True-North- said:

Per cabin 

DBE is per cabin....so $10 per day per cabin.  But if you have a bar tab on your cruise, anything over the $10 per day wull be charged to your bar tab.  And DBE will include a $100 bar tab.  That is the way it is written up....but on our last cruise, we each got the $100 bar tab that is part of DBE. 

In addition to the complimentary bar tab that is part of DBE AND any bar tab that might have been part of your booking, for every $300 bar tab you purchase, you get a $100 bonus (rather than the normal $50 bonus.). However, this has to be added manually, so tell your travel agent or shoreside customer service to be sure it is added.  We haven't needed to buy a bar tab on any 2023 or 2024.  ruise as there has been so much included in the booking.

On 12/28/2023 at 2:28 PM, MisterBill99 said:

They've extended it through 2024.

Not according to the future cruise people on Resilient Lady - they were very clear that this had to be done by December 31 this year or you miss out. We got off there today so it will be interesting to see what happens.