What does Carnival do to background check workers in Camp Ocean?

Eli_6

3 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Thanks a lot. My son and his family just left for DisneyWorld yesterday and I remembered you mentioning this before. Trying to help them get through security, especially with a 4 year old.

Thanks again

I have used it 4 or 5 times this year alone, could not recommend it higher. It really works.

On 12/8/2023 at 2:07 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Which is why I said, I don't know what the answer is but every predator found assaulting kids since background checks were started passed the background check.  If I was a parent, I would give more credibility to my instincts than being comforted by background checks.   

I don’t disagree. But you aren’t going to meet all of the staff at kids camps when you drop them off. 

On 12/8/2023 at 2:07 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Which is why I said, I don't know what the answer is but every predator found assaulting kids since background checks were started passed the background check. 

1) Not every predator found assaulting kids since background checks were started passed the background check. Background checks have been around over a century - but lots of places still don't do background checks even today.

2) That doesn't change the fact that doing background checks reduces the number of predators getting access to children. The fact that it isn't perfect does not mean it doesn't reduce numbers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fuddrules said:

A lot.  My daughter worked in Camp Ocean this summer.  I can't recall every detail but she had to do a ton of leg work to get all of the documents and fingerprint to Carnival.   

Good to know something is being done. Of course it is not perfect as nothing is, but as stated in post #29, it helps.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, aborgman said:

2) That doesn't change the fact that doing background checks reduces the number of predators getting access to children. The fact that it isn't perfect does not mean it doesn't reduce numbers.

Exactly, it's impossible to tell how many folks are deterred just from the fact that a BC is being done. Complacency is a possible result "98% of the people we do background checks pass, so we don't need to do as many".

• Like 1