Medallion App - Free messaging?

space27

The app runs on ship's INTRANET. Not the World Wide Web Internet.

The app has a messaging function. Free. No Internet connection needed. Yes, you need to connect to ship's WiFi intranet

Messaging come in at odd times, it's not always immediate. And you have to refresh frequently.  There is a notification bar that pops up when a message is received - and disappears in 15/20 seconds. So unless you're looking at the app at the exact time a message comes in, there's no notifications of a new message.   Just keep refreshing.

Personally, I use WhatsApp to communicate with whomever I'm traveling with aboard, and with people back home.  But then, I always buy a WiFi internet package..  YMMV. 

• Like 1

It's free (currently) but in my opinion it is next to useless.  There is no audio alert letting you know that you have received a message.  You must constantly keep looking at your phone to check and see if you have received anything.  MAYBE...this will be improved in the next version.  IDK

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Free still on the current app. Who knows what happens on the new app that's supposed to appear any day now.

Don’t hold your breath on a new app. My bet is it will be months. Those touting December 1 have all been proved to be false. When I checked with my CVP they told me who knows when something will show up

Edited by memoak

46 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It's free (currently) but in my opinion it is next to useless.  There is no audio alert letting you know that you have received a message.  You must constantly keep looking at your phone to check and see if you have received anything.  MAYBE...this will be improved in the next version.  IDK

You point out the big problem with the App's message feature.   Even with notifications turned on, I don't see anything on my iPhone unless I go into the App.   I would be happy if there was a notice on the locked screen similar to what I get for other Apps like Messenger.  

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 2:15 AM, memoak said:

Don’t hold your breath on a new app. My bet is it will be months. Those touting December 1 have all been proved to be false. When I checked with my CVP they told me who knows when something will show up

Princess might have teamed up with Santa to deliver on Christmas Eve down the ships funnels.

On 12/7/2023 at 8:35 PM, space27 said:

I know on Carnival, it's a few bucks, so what is it on princess?

People always claim princess has spies who read this board.

Now that this has been highlighted, it shouldn't be long until Princess charges as well.