Standard Rate

camper49

35 minutes ago, memoak said:

The bartenders have enough problems dealing with people who complain their drinks are not strong enough, who insist they should not be cut off and complain about the prices   The last thing they need is to tell a passenger to “cut it out” and immediately get a complaint 

👍+ 👏 = three stars on yelp

35 minutes ago, memoak said:

The bartenders have enough problems dealing with people who complain their drinks are not strong enough, who insist they should not be cut off and complain about the prices   The last thing they need is to tell a passenger to “cut it out” and immediately get a complaint 

My wee dram or two in the P&E lounge is drama free. Nobody asks if I can share my package with them and it wouldn't do any good since I cruise steerage.

I wonder if those same folks would ask me to send my first class lunch or dinner meal back to them in coach?

5 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

My wee dram or two in the P&E lounge is drama free. Nobody asks if I can share my package with them and it wouldn't do any good since I cruise steerage.

I wonder if those same folks would ask me to send my first class lunch or dinner meal back to them in coach?

Yeah it all sounds like a tall story..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

You mean the people who walk through the curtain to use the 1st class bathroom ?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of the values we find using Plus is the experience. I don't drink in regular life health / medicine etc. But I have found bartenders that will make a drink for me half the size and a quarter the amount of alcohol. I can sample all I want!  I absolutely love pretty frozen drinks but not virgin, if I'm going to have extra calories I'd rather have cake 🙂

We ;just returned from 63 days on Grand Princess. We had 6 segments. The first 24 days was booked with the "old" Plus. The next 7 days (a 2 day segment and a 5 day segment) were booked as Standard Fare. The last 3 segments were booked with the "new" Plus. Definitely a mixed bag of booking. We got a mini-bar for each segment and used that for the "dry" spell of 7 days with no package. I did miss the fresh juice during those 7 days but it was hardly a hardship.

The only real difference for us between the "old" Plus and the "new" Plus was the fact that I made good use of the fresh juice at the aft bar. Loved the Cleanser and the Immune Booster. (Was blown away that I liked the Cleanser - Green Apple, Celery, and a whole Cucumber. It was green and scary looking but it was amazingly good.) Other than the juice we didn't really use the other "perks". My wife did one fitness class, had one of the desserts to try it out, and we ate at Alfredo's once. No big deal and not something worth extra cash to us.

• Like 4

On 12/9/2023 at 6:29 PM, startedwithamouse said:

Plus is a great value for a lot of cruisers. We notice most of the Blue and Gold have drinks in hand and are enjoying the plus packages.  They're the future of cruising for years to come.

You don't need to drink alcohol to find that Plus is a good value. 

Princess, if you're listening, you should really eliminate the standard option, like they've done on the world cruise, and build some type of Standard Plus into the fare. 

Why?? Standard option is a perfect fit for me. I like to unplug, the tap water is fine, and just have coffee / tea with meals. 

You like Plus / I like Standard / why is my preference not good enough for me

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2023 at 6:59 PM, memoak said:

Are you kidding?  You will be jumped on from all the people who say they smuggle their booze on board , won’t  pay grats and don’t care about WiFi  

As I've stated SO MANY TIMES, I don't care about wifi and last 2 times I traded the minibar for wine I still didn't drink it all! My blood sugar is much better without the mocktails so I do whats healthiest for me -- regular water

As to fitness 'classes,' the piazza has zumba and other exercises all morning long. No sign up needed. I still don't do that .... just run up to Lido Deck (16) then back to my Emerald Deck (8) & I'm good!! Twice if necessary to work off the previous day's overeating (totally possible). Not at the same time, I'm not that fit

So what would I get out of Plus / Premier? Gratuities at 60 instead of 16 .... or a different cruise line

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I agree.  No one has ever asked me to get them a free drink.  

How many hours do you spend hanging out in bars in conversation with others ?  There have been other mentions on this board about people with standard fare getting gifted drinks from people with plans

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, memoak said:

How many hours do you spend hanging out in bars in conversation with others ?  There have been other mentions on this board about people with standard fare getting gifted drinks from people with plans

Good point, because unless there is entertainment not very often.  

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 1:11 PM, memoak said:

That is fine as long as you don’t like to hang out in bars   The plus package is designed for people like us who will partake more than 8 drinks a day and like to use WiFi to keep up with the world on long cruises with lots of sea days

Have you had a liver function test or an A1C test lately? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Have you had a liver function test or an A1C test lately? 

Sorry I am healthy as can be. All testing looks good including liver , kidney etc. My doctor insists on full blood panels several times a year. Today is a normal day off ship. I will have 2 beers with lunch, 2 cocktails before dinner and a few glasses of wine with dinner

Edited by memoak
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Sorry I am healthy as can be. All testing looks good including liver , kidney etc. My doctor insists on full blood panels several times a year. Today is a normal day off ship. I will have 2 beers with lunch, 2 cocktails before dinner and a few glasses of wine with dinner

Except for the alcohol intake, same here.  No prescription pharmaceuticals and all of my numbers are good.  In my 70s and still ride my Harley and restore old cars.  Having my wee dram before dinner right now.  

Life is good, isn't it?

On 12/9/2023 at 8:29 PM, startedwithamouse said:

Princess, if you're listening, you should really eliminate the standard option, like they've done on the world cruise, and build some type of Standard Plus into the fare. 

You're assuming that the cabins would fill without the standard option.  If their math showed that to be correct, I doubt they'd be offering it.  As it is, the standard cruisers pay the same taxes and port fees as the Premier.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

You're assuming that the cabins would fill without the standard option.  If their math showed that to be correct, I doubt they'd be offering it.  As it is, the standard cruisers pay the same taxes and port fees as the Premier.  

And can you imagine the ire of those who don’t drink, don’t use WiFi and refuse to pay gratuities. ?  I can hear it now I am not going to subsidize those drunks and on line people. They also think tipping should be illegal. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

And can you imagine the ire of those who don’t drink, don’t use WiFi and refuse to pay gratuities. ?  I can hear it now I am not going to subsidize those drunks and on line people. They also think tipping should be illegal. 

You're drawing a long bow there (again) to try and back up your theory. Give it a rest. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Over from NZ said:

You're drawing a long bow there (again) to try and back up your theory. Give it a rest. 

If everyone was told the price would be more than standard because everyone has to have a package there are many on this board who would be screaming. There is no way they are going to give everyone the package for free on 7 day cruises

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

If everyone was told the price would be more than standard because everyone has to have a package there are many on this board who would be screaming. There is no way they are going to give everyone the package for free on 7 day cruises

That is correct. 

However.. trying to paint the picture of those that don't drink and/or want the drink package as miserable freeloaders is wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

That is correct. 

However.. trying to paint the picture of those that don't drink and/or want the drink package as miserable freeloaders is wrong. 

I have never said that  this was in response to a post where someone saw that if you book the entire world cruise we’re getting the plus package thrown in and thought that should happen for all cruises

• Haha 1