Carnival Corp changed the procedure to add Shareholder's benefits for Princess. Need help please!

gam888

We are trying to add our Carnival shareholder's benefit for our upcoming Sapphire Princess cruise for February. When I sent in my info and proof of stock ownership, which was all that we needed to do from the past, I got an email from Carnival that says this:

Thank you for your request for an onboard credit as part of the Carnival Corp & plc. Shareholder Benefit Program.

Carnival Corp is implementing a more automated onboard credit request process in partnership with Stockperks.  

Please go to www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp for all details about the program and how to apply for your onboard credit via the Stockperks app.

We followed the instruction once we have downloaded the app. But somehow, it does not have our Stock broker's name  (a major one in Canada) listed as one of the choices on their list. So now we are have difficulty trying to have our shareholder's benefit added. Has anyone experienced this? 

This is very annoying that they would change the procedure, it used to be no problem and now we have a major issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks. 
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, gam888 said:

We are trying to add our Carnival shareholder's benefit for our upcoming Sapphire Princess cruise for February. When I sent in my info and proof of stock ownership, which was all that we needed to do from the past, I got an email from Carnival that says this:

Thank you for your request for an onboard credit as part of the Carnival Corp & plc. Shareholder Benefit Program.

Carnival Corp is implementing a more automated onboard credit request process in partnership with Stockperks.  

Please go to www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp for all details about the program and how to apply for your onboard credit via the Stockperks app.

We followed the instruction once we have downloaded the app. But somehow, it does not have our Stock broker's name  (a major one in Canada) listed as one of the choices on their list. So now we are have difficulty trying to have our shareholder's benefit added. Has anyone experienced this? 

This is very annoying that they would change the procedure, it used to be no problem and now we have a major issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks. 

I did this about a week ago, so don't remember all the steps...however I remember that I was able to input my investment firm name into a blank field. It worked as I got an acknowledgement type email from Stockperks.  And today I went into the site, selected Carnival Corp, then scrolled down to select Princess, then entered my booking number etc.  So far so good!  Site says it will take up to 5 days to process.

Good luck!

Hi Raisinette, thank you for your reply. I just tried the Stockperks app again. I entered my broker's name on the blank field, uploaded the picture of my statement, and it is still showing a message saying "Server error, please try again later" So we are still not getting anywhere. Our brokerage account is with ScotiaiTrade. I did try to select Canadian based investors, before putting their name down on the blank field. 

Get the stock perks app, choose Alivea option to upload a picture of your  stock statement (with account number etc redacted), within 24 hours I had email with approval of OBC.  This thread from HAL boards helped me.  I  had to get OBC for HAL and Princess cruises.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2972921-requesting-obcstockperks/page/2/

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gam888 said:

Hi Raisinette, thank you for your reply. I just tried the Stockperks app again. I entered my broker's name on the blank field, uploaded the picture of my statement, and it is still showing a message saying "Server error, please try again later" So we are still not getting anywhere. Our brokerage account is with ScotiaiTrade. I did try to select Canadian based investors, before putting their name down on the blank field. 

Did you try the contact us on the app?  

55 minutes ago, aussiecruiser275 said:

Does this also apply for people from Australia or is it just from North America?

If you are booking an Aus based cruise then just use the normal system it still works here. It is just the US as far as i can can tell that is using stockperks.

• Like 1

Worked ok for me in UK, received within a working week, 6 months out from cruise.  That was a real benefit, could then use to book a shore excursion.  Uk normally will not accept any earlier than 3 months out to receive benefit.  

We are still having difficulties. We did manage to upload a picture. But unfortunately, we had a one page with my broker's name, my name and my account number on it, and a separate page with all the stocks listed. I managed to upload one page, and when I tried to take a picture of the second page, the app did not allow me to do it. It kept getting stuck on the page with the message " upload was successful" and would not allow me to take another picture. Then I got a message on my email that the request has been sent and they are reviewing it. But I know that I haven't even included the page with the list of the stocks including the Carnival Corp that they will be looking for. So I am back to square one. I might have to wait for a few days until they send me another message to say the information I sent is not sufficient and maybe I can try to do the whole process again. Is there a way to send more than one picture to the app? This whole experience is really frustrating and irritating. 

• Like 1

I had the exact same problem with my Canadian broker statement.  Eventually sent email with statement attached which they acknowledged.  Shortly thereafter the app acknowledged that I owned the required shared and gave a prompt to "Redeem Perk".  Selecting this I was required to enter the booking number for my cruise.  It stated that perk would show up in a few days.  This is day one.

My question is what is required to apply for future cruises.  Our next is in Sept.  The app does not seem to allow for further uploads.

2 hours ago, gam888 said:

We are still having difficulties. We did manage to upload a picture. But unfortunately, we had a one page with my broker's name, my name and my account number on it, and a separate page with all the stocks listed. I managed to upload one page, and when I tried to take a picture of the second page, the app did not allow me to do it. It kept getting stuck on the page with the message " upload was successful" and would not allow me to take another picture. Then I got a message on my email that the request has been sent and they are reviewing it. But I know that I haven't even included the page with the list of the stocks including the Carnival Corp that they will be looking for. So I am back to square one. I might have to wait for a few days until they send me another message to say the information I sent is not sufficient and maybe I can try to do the whole process again. Is there a way to send more than one picture to the app? This whole experience is really frustrating and irritating. 

I must confess, I took one screenshot off my brokerage website, redacted it very heavily.  I am not actually sure it even had my name on it by the time I finished. I was amazed they accepted it.   Princess used to be a lot more fussier what I sent them.   They accepted it within the hour and I beleive that stays on record for a period of time…. I then got the perk within the week.  Not sure what happens if you have multiple to claim.

1 hour ago, louden said:

I had the exact same problem with my Canadian broker statement.  Eventually sent email with statement attached which they acknowledged.  Shortly thereafter the app acknowledged that I owned the required shared and gave a prompt to "Redeem Perk".  Selecting this I was required to enter the booking number for my cruise.  It stated that perk would show up in a few days.  This is day one.

My question is what is required to apply for future cruises.  Our next is in Sept.  The app does not seem to allow for further uploads.

Last time I looked, it said it would only accept applications up to 31st July 2024

5 minutes ago, BobandLizM said:

Last time I looked, it said it would only accept applications up to 31st July 2024

I understand that.  What I am curious about is what period a single statement will cover and how and when to you submit another statement for a future cruise?

19 hours ago, Quenby said:

I truly believe that Carnival/Princess is deliberately making this more complicated so that people will quit requesting the OBC. Bad, bad Carnival!

it's a lot easier and faster than before i find with the new method. 

i'm in canada so uploaded pdf of my brokerage statement with account number redacted just like before. But now going forward, i just hit a button on the app and redeem the OBC for other cruises as well. very convenient and no more difficult than previous and they now credit within 5 business days and you get notification 

big improvement!

Edited by gilboman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, louden said:

I understand that.  What I am curious about is what period a single statement will cover and how and when to you submit another statement for a future cruise?

Understand, honest answer is I not know.  For me it sounds whatever timescale it sounds better than having to submit documents each time, but understand your point.  How often do we have to submit proof of ownership.? Historically I could not understand what I could not submit in advance etc.  until someone told me that the shares are often bought & sold frequently.  I guess I was a bit naive.

12 hours ago, louden said:

Hi louden, could you please tell me where you sent the email with your statement to? Maybe I can try that. Thank you. What is the email address? 

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2023 at 10:42 AM, emmak8 said:

Try hello@stockperks.com

I emailed copy of ccl info from broker statement plus dates and ship booking number  personal acct number redacted.
Received acknowledgment and OBC credit in 6 days

Based on your post, I tried doing the very same thing. But I got a response from stockperks that I had to use their app. They would not do it based on the info in my email and attachments thereto. Uploaded copy of proof of brokerage/stock ownership and I am waiting for acceptance so that I can go on to next step to submit the booking/sailing info.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 8:04 AM, gam888 said:

@gam888 Just wonder if your OBC for shareholders issue has been resolved. We are Canadians, just trying to claim the shareholders benefits OBC for our upcoming Princess cruise. We used to email Princess cruise so not sure what's our next step. Appreciate if you can let us know where you email your request. Did you end up using Stockperks App to get it? Thanks

4 hours ago, fannym123 said:

@gam888 Just wonder if your OBC for shareholders issue has been resolved. We are Canadians, just trying to claim the shareholders benefits OBC for our upcoming Princess cruise. We used to email Princess cruise so not sure what's our next step. Appreciate if you can let us know where you email your request. Did you end up using Stockperks App to get it? Thanks

Pretty sure email to hello@stockperks.com, will not process your shareholders benefit as some people were successful previously. A friend 2 days ago sent his info with attachment of brokerage statement and got reply to use Stockperks APP, so they have cut off this avenue. They state a web version to be released soon, but who knows what their definition of soon is.