Breakfast on early port day

margincall

I have noticed in various fun times handouts posted,that earliest breakfast is at 7 am,but I  wondered on some port days,ship arrives at 7 am,and some excursions begin as early as 730.

Doesn't seem to allow time for even small breakfast. 

We were curious as to whether they serve breakfast earlier those

Days.

Thank you

3 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Yep, you are right.  I misread the post.

But to answer the OP's question, I believe they do schedule breakfast times earlier on port days.

Very well may, I don't think I've ever had a 7AM port arrival so I can't say for sure.

I've had a few 7 AM port calls on Carnival, though none lately.

IIRC, breakfast times in the buffet (both continental and regular) adjust to around 6 or 6:30 opening times.  I think the MDR adjusts their opening times also.  Different adjustments may be made by different ships at different times going to different stops.  In other words, YMMV.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 5:22 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

IIRC, breakfast times in the buffet (both continental and regular) adjust to around 6 or 6:30 opening times.  I think the MDR adjusts their opening times also.  Different adjustments may be made by different ships at different times going to different stops.  In other words, YMMV.

Yep. I'm not recalling exactly where but I know we had a very early Port of Call on our UK/Iceland B2B. They did open (and also close) the MDR earlier than normal. In fact it closed so early that my wife and I missed it by 15 minutes and ended up on Lido! What I can't recall is why we too wouldn't have been scrambling early that day.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2023 at 4:40 PM, sparks1093 said:

Continental breakfast from room service is what we do. Coffee pot holds about 4 cups.

Hi .. Thank you for posting this. Can I ask how you place the order for room service coffee pots for each morning? My 70 y/o mom is going with us on our next cruise and I got her a balcony room (her first.) She ask me if she could get room service coffee around 7am and take out on her balcony. I knew she could, but as I've never done it before, I thought I'd ask. 🙂 TIA

On 12/12/2023 at 6:22 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

Have you ever noticed if they adjust the lunch-opening hours when there's a lunchtime arrival at a port?  We are porting in La Romana at 11:30, but with the exception of the deli and pizza, the other lunch venues won't be available until noon.  

On 12/12/2023 at 12:54 PM, dallasdan said:

on the Vista last month, Grand Caymen was a 7 am port day.  Lido buffet was open at 6.  Not sure about MDR.

How crazy is lido bfast at 6am on those days?  The few times I've gotten lido bfast, there has always been about a 20 minute line of people, and I would hate to be stressed out trying to make sure we get food before our 7:30 excursion.  It's Aruba, so I assume everyone will actually want to get off the ship at that port.

34 minutes ago, MommyCrankyPants said:

Hi .. Thank you for posting this. Can I ask how you place the order for room service coffee pots for each morning? My 70 y/o mom is going with us on our next cruise and I got her a balcony room (her first.) She ask me if she could get room service coffee around 7am and take out on her balcony. I knew she could, but as I've never done it before, I thought I'd ask. 🙂 TIA

They used to have door hangers but now I believe you have to call. We haven't had to order breakfast room service lately.

• Like 2