Grandeur live 12/14 - 12/21

lorimay

37 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

🤣  LOVE it!

This suggestion also has other usages.  "Ladies and Gentlemen the spotlight is now on the gentlemen in shorts who doesn't pay attention to the dress code"

Edited by mrlevin
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NYC-London said:

Do what my club (and many others that I have visited) does  - between the hours of opening and noon - any lounger that is "saved" without any BIS (butt in seat) for more than 30 minutes, all items are collected and put into a zippered tote bag to be picked up in the managers office. Works like a charm - after it happens once, never happens again. I have also seen this enforced at some public pools. As I mentioned before, it is not rocket science.

Last year I stayed at a resort - if you wanted to reserve a lounger, there was an additional fee. Otherwise, there were no towels on the lounger, only available once you sat down and put all of your stuff out an employee came to "make up the lounger" and it was clearly stated that if you leave within the first hour for more than 15 minutes, your items will be removed and the lounger will be provided to someone else - they were quite strict and it worked out well - loungers were rarely empty.

That is the policy that Franck specifically said would not be followed; Regent got sued by someone who said their items were taken.

Edited by mrlevin

30 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

That is the policy that Franck specifically said would not be followed; Regent got sued by someone who said their items were taken.

I'm not a lawyer but not sure how far that case would go if you leave items out in the open unattended for anyone to take

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

So, in a nutshell, Regent is rewarding and encouraging bad behavior and indirectly telling the passengers who do follow the rules and do not save loungers for later use - too bad for you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rcandkc said:

Could it depend on if you have one of the bigger balconies?

F1 and Concierge suites with larger balconies on Grandeur have two chairs and a table, no loungers. We were in 780. There is plenty of room for a lounger or two chairs that could be converted to loungers. Very disappointing. 

7 minutes ago, NYC-London said:

I'm not a lawyer but not sure how far that case would go if you leave items out in the open unattended for anyone to take

I am an attorney 

it is not about a legal issue 

they just don’t want to be responsible. 
“you removed my stuff and my gold watch was in my tote bag”. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here is reason for absence of lounge chairs on balcony

spoke to franck

when there was one lounge chair folks complained that they wanted 2. No room

instead there are 2 reclinin g chairs that recline 80 degrees 

this change was made because passengers wanted 2 chairs that reclined 

1 hour ago, bitob said:

spoke to franck

Thanks.  Any reason given for what appears to be a tiny table?

Just now, -Lew- said:

Thanks.  Any reason given for what appears to be a tiny table?

I did not ask. But the folks who pick out furniture have never taken a cruise. Eg in the grandeur suites the round night table has a 14 inch circumference and the lamp on it an 11 inch circumference. Table is unusable. The draws are so tiny they might hold one small paperback book. Design over function

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bitob said:

spoke to franck

when there was one lounge chair folks complained that they wanted 2. No room

instead there are 2 reclinin g chairs that recline 80 degrees 

this change was made because passengers wanted 2 chairs that reclined 

I will disagree with that statement - the balcony on our concierge suite was large enough for two recliners with room to spare

Just now, NYC-London said:

I will disagree with that statement - the balcony on our concierge suite was large enough for two recliners with room to spare

I’m just the messenger

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 2:27 PM, briar14 said:

F1 and Concierge suites with larger balconies on Grandeur have two chairs and a table, no loungers. We were in 780. There is plenty of room for a lounger or two chairs that could be converted to loungers. Very disappointing. 

Did you ask for a lounger when on board?  Wondering because we are in an F-1 in Feb. 

14 hours ago, NYC-London said:

This is true if you are talking about two loungers and nothing else.  But with a table and two chairs, there is room for only one lounger.  Don 't think anyone wants a balcony without a table and chairs.

46 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

Did you ask for a lounger when on board?  Wondering because we are in an F-1 in Feb. 

No. I would have, but the weather was not great on the Trieste to Miami cruise. Not all F1’s have the larger balcony. We were in 780. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nfcu said:

This is true if you are talking about two loungers and nothing else.  But with a table and two chairs, there is room for only one lounger.  Don 't think anyone wants a balcony without a table and chairs.

take away the two chairs and keep the current small table that is currently on the balcony, there is room for two loungers. How do I know -  because I am so analytical, I measured the lounger that was on a penthouse balcony of our friend's suite and measured out using blue tape (do not ask me why I had blue tape in my luggage) and there was clearly enough room for two loungers, at least on the larger concierge balcony.

• Like 3

Some want 2 loungers

others must have table and 2 chairs

apparently table two chairs and 2 loungers not going to fit

impossible for regent to please everyone and they are surely not going to keep changing balcony furniture 😁

12 minutes ago, bitob said:

Some want 2 loungers

others must have table and 2 chairs

apparently table two chairs and 2 loungers not going to fit

impossible for regent to please everyone and they are surely not going to keep changing balcony furniture 😁

Sitting in your chair and putting your feet up on one of the railing cables works well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

Sitting in your chair and putting your feet up on one of the railing cables works well. 

Whenever I do that I risk knocking our drying swimsuits off the railing. :classic_cool:

• Haha 3